Flyertalk.com: good website for flying tips

traveler/

They also have city specific boards. This actually saved me big time when I went to China in the spring. To be able to talk to someone in Shanghai before I arrived answered many questions I had (including how to navigate on intra-China flight - hint, it's nothing like it is here) which made the trip much much easier.

One other hint about flyertalk is that on many of the airline boards they have their own seat discussion threads going. The United Airlines one stands out from the rest for it's extreme thoroughness. In all this puts SeatGuru to shame and should be considered =must= reading if there are any seating related questions.

Flyertalk is great and is a great resource from all of the road-warriors out there.

What's great about FlyerTalk is that conversation can range from the content of the Premium Snack Mix to the economics of SJC-NRT, etc. etc. ...

FlyerTalk has given me a lot of knowledge about the travel industry, maximized my mileage and comfort while flying, and has helped me and my family fix major air travel problems. I highly recommed it...

JJPNYC-- JonNYC, is that you??

I'm a member there as well. Can't beat it for travel info. I recently introuduced a friend to it, and he is already well on his way to his second million miles on Delta. He looked it over and kicked himself for not finding it years ago so those first million could have been more comfortable LOL.

• Administrators

Many moons ago when we were on AOL....we used to have Randy Peterson (Flyertalk.com's guru) as a guest in our sister site's (Independent Traveler) Travel Cafe. I've followed him ever since. The FAQ's for each airline are priceless!

Laura

Many moons ago when we were on AOL....we used to have Randy Peterson (Flyertalk.com's guru) as a guest in our sister site's (Independent Traveler) Travel Cafe. I've followed him ever since. The FAQ's for each airline are priceless!

Laura

Laura: I noticed a "sticky" at flyertalk "list countries here in which visitors may be eligible to receive a rebate".

Some great info if you are cruising to one of the countries mentioned and qualify. We got a rebate this year on Canada's tax on our hotel, but they are dropping it next April. Next year we'll be in England so I am interested in the VAT over there.

Is it possible to start a "sticky" like that for cruisers? That would be :cool:

Archived