Lost luggage

LHT28

Does anyone remember when it used to be almost fun to fly,people could walk to the gate to see you off and meet you,there was food on board and most of all the luggage made it on and off the plane and not in a dumpster or someplace that you never heard of......just wondering:eek: .I almost hate to fly nowdays.My wish for the new year would be we all fly safe,our luggage arrives with us and the lines lessen.:D

Does anyone remember when it used to be almost fun to fly,people could walk to the gate to see you off and meet you,there was food on board and most of all the luggage made it on and off the plane and not in a dumpster or someplace that you never heard of......just wondering:eek: .I almost hate to fly nowdays.My wish for the new year would be we all fly safe,our luggage arrives with us and the lines lessen.:D

As someone who has just flown 112,000+ AA miles this year, I can't really say it is THAT much worse on the plane. My luggage has generally made it (only two time this year in all those miles and both times, my luggage was delivered within 24 hours), no food, I will agree. But the fares are about 1/2 what they were 10-15 years ago.

The security lines are PARTICULARLY long because there are just TOO MANY people who can't seem to understand the TSA regulations (or don't care if they inconvenience everyone else). Yes, we are stuck with TSA in the USA.

All those "dummies" who get in line with lace up boots or sneakers, lots of jewelry, and full size bottles of mouthwash and shampoo in their carryon really get my goat.

Last week-JFK to PHX-two guys in front of me-tall boots or high top sneakers-had to wait while they undid their shoes, then they tried to decide if the shoes should go on the belt or in a bin. And the lady with the stroller, all the Xmas presents in a bag, jewelry up the wazzoo, and the toddler who wouldn't behave and had on all kinds of jewelry. Took almost 15 minutes to get those three out of the way and they were in front of me.

Please everyone-wear slip on shoes, divest yourself of jewelry, get the crap out of your pockets, BE PREPARED with your ID and boarding pass, and just do what TSA says. Corral the kids and make them understand that life isn't always a playground. Don't try to carryon the kitchen sink-either check some of the stuff or leave it at home. Makes life a lot easier on the plane and everywhere else.

I fly again New Year's Eve, so please, try to make my trip and everyone else's a pleasant experience. Happy New Year!!!

Archived