upgrades on boarding

rerp

Do NCL offer to sell upgrades cheaply if they are available at Guest Services when you board? I am travelling on Escape across the Atlantic which is unlikely to be full.

NCL does everything within their power to sell out a cruise. With this being the inaugural sailing, I would be very surprised if it didn't completely sell out. That being said, it's not unheard of but it is extremely rare for them to have cabins available after boarding. The best way to find out is to do a mock booking a day or two before you leave and see if anything shows available.

Do NCL offer to sell upgrades cheaply if they are available at Guest Services when you board? I am travelling on Escape across the Atlantic which is unlikely to be full.

That sailing will be completely full, inaugural sailings are very popular. If you want an upgrade, you need to call now and see what you can move to.

You also have the possibility (albeit remote) of being tapped by the "upgrade fairy". This is when you get a call out of the clear blue from NCL offering you an upgrade at a pretty good price. Has never happened to us but if you read these forums regularly you'll read that it does happen. I doubt VERY much, however, that it'll happen on an inaugural voyage; as previous posters have stated they usually sell out.

Good luck & have a great cruise!

Tom

I doubt VERY much, however, that it'll happen on an inaugural voyage; as previous posters have stated they usually sell out.

Good luck & have a great cruise!

Tom

From what I've read here on CC (never done an inaugural) they have in the past sailed these TAs way under maximum capacity to help the crew get used to the ship, work out any kinks and finish any thing unfinished. Again just going by what I have read here on CC.

From what I've read here on CC (never done an inaugural) they have in the past sailed these TAs way under maximum capacity to help the crew get used to the ship, work out any kinks and finish any thing unfinished. Again just going by what I have read here on CC.

I have heard that as well. But back to the OP question, they leave rooms open on purpose, so they might not really be open open. I'm assuming they space out which rooms they fill so the hotel staff is evenly booked :)