Transportation to hotel and airport

KBSUE

My first trip to New York so have lots of questions. Has anyone taken the Super Shuttle from JFK to hotel near Times Square? It seems to be more economical that a cab. Is it safe? We will arrive Friday 2:30PM.

After cruise is there shared transportation to get from ship to LGA for 3:00 flight? I see the Carnival Excursion but we will have 3 days before cruise for tours. It is a bit overwhelming and exciting for me.

My first trip to New York so have lots of questions. Has anyone taken the Super Shuttle from JFK to hotel near Times Square? It seems to be more economical that a cab. Is it safe? We will arrive Friday 2:30PM.

After cruise is there shared transportation to get from ship to LGA for 3:00 flight? I see the Carnival Excursion but we will have 3 days before cruise for tours. It is a bit overwhelming and exciting for me.

I am going to answer you with my VERY LITTLE knowledge because I am also researching a first-time trip to NYC. Someone on another thread said the Super Shuttle is dirty and not recommended ~ actually, he said a lot worse than that.

Look below at the recent "First Time in NYC" threads and you will see lots of advice on transportation from LGA to your Times Square hotel. There is a very inexpensive bus, a taxi, etc...

As for the Carnival excursion... I am confused. Do you mind my asking what date you are sailing out on the Miracle. We have the option to take a direct transfer from the boat to LGA for $30. It is not listed in the excursions. It's listed on your Manage My Cruise page. Look for that.

As for the "excursion" you are speaking of... my cruise is currently not offering an excursion with a tour of Manhattan... but I've heard someone else mention this. Do you mind telling me how much Carnival is asking for that transfer with tour?? If so, where did you find it at?? I have looked through ALL the excursions offered for our sailing and cannot find it. We are cruising in December so maybe that is the difference?? Anyway, thank you ahead of time!

Super Shuttle is at the bottom of my choices for NY airport transportation. Taxi fare from JFK to anywhere in Manhattan is a flat $45 plus $.50 tax, plus tip, and if you have at least two people traveling together doesn't cost great deal more than taking Super Shuttle.

Another option is the NYCAirporter...probably a bit better than Super Shuttle:

http://www.nycairporter.com/

In NYT, shared shuttles from the airport are a BAD idea--it could take you a really long time as they drop people at different hotels. Cabs from JFK to Manhattan (or back) have a set rate of $45.50 plus toll and tip.

Archived