Cruise Lines for 5 in one Room.

littlemidge

Does anyone have any suggestions for cruise lines that have rooms that will take 5 (2 adults and 3 kids). We are doing RCI in September and booked a 2 bedroom suite but just wondering what other lines have rooms that cater for 5.

Thanks

Kirsten

Does anyone have any suggestions for cruise lines that have rooms that will take 5 (2 adults and 3 kids). We are doing RCI in September and booked a 2 bedroom suite but just wondering what other lines have rooms that cater for 5.

Thanks

Kirsten

We are booking connecting 2 and 3 person rooms on Carnival.

Carnival Dream class has OV rooms that sleep five, with a split bath.

Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3018.jpg

Fantasy class plus Triumph and Victory you can add a rollaway/trundle to a quad cabin to accommodate five:

FantasyM88-2.jpg

FantasyM88-1.jpg

There were a couple of other threads in the past year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1827795&highlight=cabins+for+5

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1835364&highlight=cabins+for+5

I would go for two connecting cabins and keep the doors open between them. That would give you the most room and two bathrooms. The pictures didn't really look like anything I'd want to try. We've done the connecting rooms, and with the door open, it's like you have one BIG room...and you can actually walk around.

I would go for two connecting cabins and keep the doors open between them. That would give you the most room and two bathrooms. The pictures didn't really look like anything I'd want to try. We've done the connecting rooms, and with the door open, it's like you have one BIG room...and you can actually walk around.

I had originally booked the crowded Fantasy room to be cheap, but changed it to a suite instead. All I can think when seeing that tiny room is that I would be yelling at my kids (6, 4, 2) the whole time for jumping from bed to bed and being crazy in a claustrophobic space. I want the room to be relaxing, not stress inducing.

Thanks everyone, we don't have huge choices sailing out of Australia, but it is becoming more popular so hopefully more cruise lines will come down here. At the moment it's mainly RCI and P&O but a couple of other drop in each year for short stays so might get to try some of the suggestions.

Thanks

Kirsten

Thanks everyone, we don't have huge choices sailing out of Australia, but it is becoming more popular so hopefully more cruise lines will come down here. At the moment it's mainly RCI and P&O but a couple of other drop in each year for short stays so might get to try some of the suggestions.

Thanks

Kirsten

In this case the best you can do is getting connecting cabins.

Cabins holding more than 4 are extremely rare. The ships that can add rollaways/trundles were built before the year 2000.

We've had five in a room on Carnival, but if the price is right to book two rooms and we can't get them connecting, we're considering putting the girls with me, and DS with DH, since they're all young and would rather have a parent in the room. We spend very little time in the room anyway, and DH and I can still be in a room together while the kids are at camp. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I can highly recommend Cabin 8000 on Rhapsody of the Seas (which cruises out of Sydney for part of the year). It is a newly created cabin following the refurbishment of the ship last year. It actually has a separate bedroom for the kids which sleeps up to 4, 2 lower and 2 upper as well as a curtained off bedroom for the parents, ample closet space (so much we didn't get close to using it all with 5 of us, including a walk in robe for the adults) and 2 bathrooms, one with a bath. It doesn't have a balcony so is now classified as a Deluxe family oceanview but it just has so much space - we had 25 people in the cabin for drinks one night!:)

We had one a couple of years back although there were only 4 of us. Lots of room for 5 and the second bathroom was a god send. Just one word about them. There are two per ship although there may be more or less on the Royal and soon to set sail Regal. They are hugely popular and if you want one you literally have to book it the day the cruise becomes available. As it is classed as a suite you also get all of the perks that other suite guests get like free laundry which can be very important to famalies.

We booked adjoining rooms and that was cheaper than a suite on rccl.

FYI in travel company speak--

Adjoining cabins share a common wall where one needs to go out into the hallway to get into the cabin next door.

Connecting cabins share an interior door where one can pass without going into the hallway.

DH is 100% sold on NCL suites. We have never sailed in a Haven suite (only on ships that do not have that option). The Owners Suite on the Sky slept 5 comfortably, 4 adults and a toddler. We are booked in the deluxe owner's suite on the Dawn. Two of which have an added bonus due to the configuration of actually having a second children's bedroom and a capacity of 6. Getting ready to book the Star (sister ship of the Dawn) in a Family Suite for a Baltic Capitol Cruise as soon as they become available. It will sleep 6 as well but the cost and 9 days makes the Deluxe Owners Suite out of our price range for that trip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived