Grand Cayman Vow Renewal 9-10-14!

My DH and I are renewing our weeding vows in Grand Cayman on September 10! I cam so excited! I thought I would use this tread as a way to plan and get advice form fellows cruisers!

We are traveling on the Carnival Breeze September 7, with our good friends (who are actually going to be newlyweds). We are really excited for the trip as well since we are spending a few days in Miami in a 2 bed/2 bath condo before the cruise, and we have our first aft wrap on the breeze!

So, we are using Simply Weddings in Grand Cayman. We hope to have the ceremony at Surfers Beach, but thats not set in stone. So far, their customer service has been great. Our deposit is paid and we are deciding on what transportation we want from the ship to the ceremony site.

The only thin I have done so far is order a dress. It was on sale on Davids Bridal website, so I went ahead and ordered it. I love it! My DH will be wearing khakis and off white linen button down. I dont know yet how I am gonna do my hair since is is growing out and only shoulder length now.

Anyway, here's a pic of my dress. Its a little big on the top so I will probably have to have it taken in a little.

ry%3D480

Hi Gertiesmum congratulations on your forthcoming vow renewal and your dress looks lovely. We're hoping to renew our vows next year so would love to hear about your ceremony and see photos when you're back.

Thanks everyone!

I am debating on whether I should take a bouquet and botenier (spelling!) with us or using one there. It would be cheaper to bring them with us, but also a pain because it's just one more thing to have to pack gently. I guess I have time to worry about that!

Thanks everyone!

I am debating on whether I should take a bouquet and botenier (spelling!) with us or using one there. It would be cheaper to bring them with us, but also a pain because it's just one more thing to have to pack gently. I guess I have time to worry about that!

The bouquet is included in the price of the Carnival shipboard weddings however I am going to use that one as a tosser. As we are already an established household without the need for "presents" at showers and such, I have asked each of my girlfriends to give me a brooch in our wedding colors. I am going to make a brooch bouquet to carry down the aisle so each one of them can be with me on that day.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I need opinions!

My hair is shoulder length. I think I will have it wavy since anytime I am in the Caribbean it goes curly anyway! But, should I do a single ivory flower in my hair or a crown of tiny ivory flowers or just an ivory beaded headband? Any of these I can do myself so any are possible.

Also, should I just go barefoot? What about my my husband?

Thanks!

I plan to wear footless flip flops that I have beaded myself. I beaded them on elastic thread so that they just slip on. This is a photo of one I did for my daughter-in-law.

163585_10200970347562638_2086736519_n.jpg

I plan to wear footless flip flops that I have beaded myself. I beaded them on elastic thread so that they just slip on. This is a photo of one I did for my daughter-in-law.

163585_10200970347562638_2086736519_n.jpg

Love this! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I'm getting married in grand cayman on 9-19-14. Are you planning on having someone do your hair and makeup? I have curly hair but I want to get it flat ironed then loosely curled. I'm horrible with make-up but they told me that they can't promise that there will be someone to do it for me on the ship.

I was also contemplating doing my own flowers but I just dont know. We're having a 2 hr reception onboard following the ceremony.

Have you already sent in all the stuff for your licenses and and extras you want for the ceremony?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
I'm getting married in grand cayman on 9-19-14. Are you planning on having someone do your hair and makeup? I have curly hair but I want to get it flat ironed then loosely curled. I'm horrible with make-up but they told me that they can't promise that there will be someone to do it for me on the ship.

I was also contemplating doing my own flowers but I just dont know. We're having a 2 hr reception onboard following the ceremony.

Have you already sent in all the stuff for your licenses and and extras you want for the ceremony?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Our vow renewal only requires us to either have the same last name on our IDs or a copy of our marriage certificate. Our names match but I am still gonna have a copy of the marriage certificate anyway... Just in case.

Our ceremony will be at about 10:30 am, so too early to have hair or make up done. I plan on just curling my hair, it's about shoulder length, and I got an ivory headband for my hair.

I was gonna attempt to make a bouquet but I failed miserably! I just bought a bouquet and boutiner from hobby lobby.

I was just in a wedding last week as a bridesmaid and learned one super tip. We were all told to not wear sunscreen or any base/foundation with sunscreen. I got naked brand foundation at sephora because it's nearly impossible to find some without sunscreen. Well, it was 96 degrees and humid cause it stormed all morning. Makeup was done at noon, and was still on when I got home at 1 am! It survived dripping sweat and everything! And amazingly I spent about 3 hours in the sun for the ceremony and pics and I did not get any sunburn either. Best foundation ever!

So, I think everything is planned for the vow renewal.

1. Dropped off dress to get it hemmed. It was too long without shoes. Pick it up Saturday!

2. Bought ivory headband

3. Husband picked out shirt for ceremony... Not what I wanted him to wear, but still looks nice. It was a compromise.

4. Bought flowers

5. Confirmed ceremony and transportation for us and our 2 guests.

6. Vows completed, at least my part! I am sure hubby will wait til the last minute.

7. Sign to hold for a picture to send to family (chalkboard sign, not sure what it's gonna say yet)

8. Friends wanted us to tell them what to wear. He's gonna wear a polo and khaki shorts and she's wearing a maxi dress.

9. Photographer too expensive (I do photography as a hobby, so training best friend how to use my camera) and Photoshop can fix anything

10. Video too expensive (hubby went to film school and we have video camera, tripod and wireless mic) so gonna wing it ourselves

Now...

Should we trash the dress?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The vow renewal was fantastic! Simply Weddings in Grand Cayman was a great choice! The weather was weird though... not very hot, only about 75 degrees, and humid! It stormed every afternoon on our cruise, so I guess we got lucky cause the vow renewal was in the morning.

Maria with Simply Weddings met us at right at the port. She drove us to the office, which was a few blocks away, and we signed some paperwork for the vow renewal. Joy, the owner, discussed site options due to possible inclement weather. Our options were Seven Mile Beach or Smith's Cove. I didnt want Seven Mile Beach because I knew it would be crowded, so we picked Smith's Cove. It was the best choice! It was completely empty and secluded. The water was very rough, so we couldnt do any pics in the water.

My best friend did pictures for us, as we didnt want to spend a ton of money on pictures. She did a pretty good job, considering shes not a photographer!

The ceremony was perfect. We had written our own vows for each other, and Joy worked that into the ceremony perfectly. She also gave us a written copy of the ceremony and after the ceremony they had a champagne toast for us.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

ry%3D400