Connections party

mcrcruiser

Yes, happened to us...

it is helpful if the group has kept a list with cabin nos. to bring it along..

This helped the hostess invite the correct folks to a make up party after the invites went out to half the group...also helps to spread the word at any pre Official get togethers....

We had that happen to us....we knew, from info here on CC, that we should've had the invite in our cabin on Embarkation Day. I called Guest Relations and they were apologetic and happily gave me the info for the party which was to be held the next morning. If I hadn't inquired, we def would've missed it. We had a large roll call and very few showed up for the party, due also to the lack of invites in cabins on time. We met several others during the cruise who had been on CC and asked us if we knew when the party would be and we had to tell them they'd missed it! So, if you don't see the invite in your cabin upon embarking, call GR and get the details!

I haven't had the problem, but others I know have. Just go to Guest Relations and ask when and where it is.

Absolutely correct way to handle the problem;) .On roll calls I often mention in posts (plural)that it is possible for a Cruise critic member to sign up & not receive their invitation . Then I tell them to call Guest Relations when they see there is a missing invitation in their state room upon embarkation day .If the phone call doesn't work ,then a personal visit to Guest Relations would be the next step to take .

On a recent sailing several people did not get invites & blamed Celebrity to the point that they indicated a lot of dissatisfaction . I assured them that there is always other cruise lines ,especially since they did not heed my posts warning it could happen .We have done 63 cruises & it has happened twice for us ;but wining is not the solution .Being proactive does get results in that situation;)

One better. Tried to register for CC party and received notice, "Only purchased booking can register CruiseCritic Party"

That is after doing all the onboard registrations and having all deposits and flights confirmed. DUH. Plenty of time but frustrating.

One better. Tried to register for CC party and received notice, "Only purchased booking can register CruiseCritic Party"

That is after doing all the onboard registrations and having all deposits and flights confirmed. DUH. Plenty of time but frustrating.

Same thing happened to me. We don't sail until September, so I'm hoping the glitch will be resolved by then.

Our last cruise and the first on Celebrity, and we did not get our invite after registering if this is the Cruise Critic meet and Greet thing they offered. I completely forgot about it until I read this post.

Edited by Lisah101