Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default How do you see OBC on line?

Where/how do you see if they've applied your OBC on line before your cruise.

Thanks,
Janet

Nordic Prince - Bermuda 8/91
Majesty - Cozumel, Playa del carmen, Key West 4/92
Zenith - Bermuda 7/96
Nordic Empress - Bermuda 10/00
Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean 9/01
Nordic Empress - Bermuda 5/02
Carnival Spirit - Hawaii 5/03
Nordic Empress - Bermuda 6/04
Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean 8/05
Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean 8/06
Empress of the Seas - Bermuda 8/07
Grandeur of the Seas - San Juan, Labadee, Dominican Republic 7/08
Grandeur of the Seas - Canada/New England 8/09
Enchantment of the Seas - San Juan, Labadee, Dominican Republic 8/10
Enchantment of the Seas - Canada/New England 8/11
Enchantment of the Seas - Bermuda, Boston, Newport 8/12
Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas 12/12
Grandeur of the Seas - Bahamas 8/13

Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

I believe you can only see your OBC online if you booked your cruise directly with RCI. I always take printouts of receipts when I board just in case it isn't applied.

RCI - Rhapsody, Enchantment (4 times), Grandeur, Empress, Jewel, Mariner, Sovereign, Serenade, Allure, Oasis
Carnival - Legend, Fascination, Liberty, Freedom
Celebrity - Reflection
NCL- Dawn

Next Up:
????????

Some people are like slinkies . . . not very useful but make you laugh when pushed down the stairs.

email me: wingnutphl@aol.com

Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Wingnut!

Zenith - Bermuda 7/96

Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

You're welcome!! FYI - it may take a day or 2 to show up on your sea pass account.

RCI - Rhapsody, Enchantment (4 times), Grandeur, Empress, Jewel, Mariner, Sovereign, Serenade, Allure, Oasis
Carnival - Legend, Fascination, Liberty, Freedom
Celebrity - Reflection
NCL- Dawn

Next Up:
????????

Some people are like slinkies . . . not very useful but make you laugh when pushed down the stairs.

email me: wingnutphl@aol.com

Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

I was not able to see my OBC before I sailed. I took copies of my RCCL Visa Certificates with me and sure enough $150 of my OBC never showed up. Tried to get it straight on the ship but they just didn't come through. They did give me a number to RCCL to call, which I did when I got home and they said they have credited my credit card. From now on, I will always get my OBC confirmed before I sail.

Jewel of the Seas - B2B 1/24/2015 & 1/31/2015
Independence of the Seas - 8/30/2015
Jewel of the Seas - B2B 1/31/2016 & 2/7/2016

PAST CRUISES

Celebrity Century 2004
Explorer of the Seas 2005
Empress of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006
Adventure of the Seas 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012
Navigator of the Seas 2007
Crown Princess 2008
Mariner of the Seas 2008
Celebrity Solstice 2009, 2010
Liberty of the Seas 2009
Freedom 2009, 2011, 2012
Serenade 2010, 2011
Brilliance 2013
Jewel 2013, 2014
Allure 2014
+

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:45 PM
5,000+ Club

We had OBCs from the Next Cruise Program for ourselves and gave the two Friends and Family Certificates to others who sailed with us because of this bonus. We had all booked direct with RC and nothing ever showed on our online account. I call the Crown and Anchor Society before our recent cruise to confirm they had the received the certificates we had sent in and that all of us had the OBCs.

Pass Cruises
Festival's Bolero Dec98 E Car*Blackbeard's Pirate Lady Jan99 Bahamas*Sun's Carousel (Nordic Prince)Feb99 S.Car*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Sept99-W Med*Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Jan00 PC* Sea Pr June00-Alaska* Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Feb01 W Car* Grand PrFeb02 W.Car* Empress of the Seas July 02 Bermuda*Star Pr Feb03 Mex Riv* Enchantment of the Seas Mar03 E.Carib*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)June03 W Med*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Jan04-S Car* Voyager of the Seas June 04 Canada* Sun's Sunbird (Song of America) Aug 04 W Med*Maasdam Mar05 S.Car* Costa's Mediterranea Apr06 E Car* Regal Princess Nov 06 PC* Serenade of the Seas Feb.07-S Car*Adventure of the Seas Mar07 S Car*Radiance of the Seas Sept07 Alaska &West Coast* Legend of the Seas Nov07- E Med*Radiance of the Seas May08Hawaii* X Century Dec08 West TA*Radiance of the Seas Apr-May09 Chile to San Diego*X Mercury Nov09 E.Caribbean*Radiance of the Seas Feb10 Mex. Riv*Grand Princess Apr10 East TA*X Summit Nov10 S. Car*X Summit Dec10 S Car*Golden Pr Feb11 Hawaii*X Constellation S. Car Mar11 Car*Emerald Pr Nov-Dec11 S Car*X Silhouette Jan12 E Car*X Century Mar/Apr 12Hawaii*Caribbean Pr Apr12 East TA*Caribbean Pr May12 British Isles*X Eclipse Dec12 S Car*Voyager of the Seas Feb/Mar13 Oz/NZ*X Century Nov/Dec13 Hawaii*Ruby Pr Feb14 W Car*X Century Feb14 E Car*Serenade of the Seas Apr/May14 East TA*

Old June 3rd, 2008, 01:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you all, we do have the OBC from both the next cruise and cashing in the certificate from our rccl credit card. I will plan on calling this friday (when I'm off work) because I know it's at least a 2 hour phone call.

I am also trying to get the fuel surcharge refunded since we booked our next cruise last August, but RCCL cancelled the reservation in September (for some unknown reason they never charged my cc, so cancelled for non payment of deposit), then they reinstated it in March when I booked (same reservation number that says it was initiated in August 2007) and told my TA we didn't qualify to have the surcharge waived since we booked in March...

I'm sure it will all get straightened out, I just hate that I have to waste so much time to do it. It took 2 hours to get the next cruise reservation reinstated in March plus an additional deposit because when my TA went to apply our deposits to it, RCCL told her it wasn't a valid reservation number so she opened another one, the deposits we put on the new number couldn't be applied as the initial deposit for the next cruise account....

Zenith - Bermuda 7/96

Old June 3rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie8 View Post
I was not able to see my OBC before I sailed. I took copies of my RCCL Visa Certificates with me and sure enough $150 of my OBC never showed up. Tried to get it straight on the ship but they just didn't come through. They did give me a number to RCCL to call, which I did when I got home and they said they have credited my credit card. From now on, I will always get my OBC confirmed before I sail.
How do you confirm it? Can they e-mail or fax you a printout? I would prefer to have it in writing v. verbally.

Past Royal Caribbean:
Sovereign 2002
Voyager 2005
Freedom 2008
Majesty 2010
Allure 2013

Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

I booked via a TA and it is my first time using them so I am concerned about this OBC showing up.

I asked today for an email from them with the credit put in writing. Sure, it might not help when I get on the ship and it's not there but when I return, at least I have something to go back to the TA with and get a refund on my CC.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

I've booked directly with RCL and have never been able to see my OBC online.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
5,000+ Club

Ask RCL to verify that it is there and then ask them to send you the Booked Confirmation Invoice it is a PDF. It will show toward the bottom of the statement. Looks like...ADVO-$100 ONBRDCR(or what ever the amount is).

Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

RCI places the OBC amount on the written confirmation that they fax and/or email. If you booked through a TA it is located on the Guest Copy of the cruise confirmation. I am a TA and I am looking at a client's booking with a $200 OBC. They listed their OBC on the guest confo with the cruise finiancials

Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

My usual method of booking for the past several years has been by placing a hold directly through RCCL at their website. When I firm everything up by phone I ask for an e-mail or faxed confirmation, which has always included a record of the OBC's. If your OBC doesn't show up follow up with another call, and ask for a confirmation until it does. You may not be able to get a confirmation directly from RCCL if the booking has been made through a TA!

Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldesq View Post
I booked via a TA and it is my first time using them so I am concerned about this OBC showing up.
I just check with my TA and he confirms that the OBC's appear on the account. It's never been a problem with this TA.

Old June 4th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffinater View Post
Ask RCL to verify that it is there and then ask them to send you the Booked Confirmation Invoice it is a PDF. It will show toward the bottom of the statement. Looks like...ADVO-$100 ONBRDCR(or what ever the amount is).
Ditto this.

OBC will not show online no matter how you booked.

Once an OBC is applied and confirmed it will show up on the Booked Confirmation Invoice RCCL will email you when you request a receipt. I assume if you book through a TA you will have to ask your TA to request this from RCCL and forward it to you.

If it is an OBC from a TA it likely won't show up until you sail as I believe they don't apply the OBC until very close to (if not on) sail date.

Previous cruises: RCCL Rhapsody - 12/5/04 - W Carib - First Cruise - 30th Anniversary; RCCL Vision - 8/21/05 - Alaska Cruisetour - DH's 50th BD (corner aft JS 8588); RCCL Radiance - 8/19/06 - Alaska, the sequel; RCCL Splendour - 1/25/07 - Cozumel - 4 nighter; RCCL Voyager - 10/20/07 - Mediterranean (mid-aft JS 1694); RCCL Voyager - 2/24/08 - W Carib - 50th BD cruise & 1st as Diamond! - hump JS 9614; RCCL Independence - 2/21/09 - E Carib - hump JS 9348; Disney Magic - 9/19/09 - W Carib w/79yo Mom & 87yo Dad - Cat 3 suite; RCCL Oasis - 9/11/10 - E Carib w/80yo Mom & 88yo Dad - Central Park hump JS 8642/44 (connecting); RCCL Radiance - 12/11/10 - W Carib - 5 nighter; RCCL Voyager - 3/27/11 - Aft JS - W Carib - made us D+; RCCL Oasis - 12/3/11 - Crown Loft suite (free upgrade from JS!) - E Carib; RCCL Oasis - 12/10/11 - Central Park hump JS - W Carib; RCCL Oasis - 4/21/12 - Central Park hump JS - E Carib; RCCL Navigator - 11/24/13 - free upgrade from JS to GS! - W Carib; RCCL Explorer - 9/11/14 - GS - 9 night NE/Canada