Cruise Specific Travel Insurance

hdowney

Hey CCers. I have a question. I want to book insurance for my cruise, one that has a box to tick for cruise cover or is cruise specific - obvious reasons. One that doesn't shaft to the max on pre-existing conditions preferably. And I live in Ireland. Most of the ones I have come across have been for US or UK residents. Can anyone shed some light? Cheers

One other thing. It needs to cover both the cruise portion of my holiday and the land based - Flying into Venice the day before the cruise departs and staying for 6 days after we get back.

Cheers

H

• 4 weeks later...
One other thing. It needs to cover both the cruise portion of my holiday and the land based - Flying into Venice the day before the cruise departs and staying for 6 days after we get back.

Cheers

H

I have had the same problem when trying to renew my annual worldwide multi trip insurance (see my thread on Travel Insurance to include cruises). I am not sure how you will get on being in Ireland - do you have access to any of the sites like go compare.com? A lot of the companies are now introducing a Cruise Section (a bit like that for Winter Sports) so it is imperative that you check all eventualities are covered. I managed in the end to get a good deal through SAGA but I don't think you can use this company outside the UK - may be wrong.

Good Luck with finding something

Suzanne (Bristol, UK)

• 3 years later...