Allure of the Seas Chef To Be Chosen in Food Network-Style Competition

Royal Caribbean is hosting an interactive cooking competition to find some new talent to head up the kitchen at 150 Central Park aboard Allure of the Seas.

Check out the details of the contest and share your thoughts: Allure's Cooking Competition

Will having a contest-winning chef at the helm make you more likely to dine at 150 Central Park? And will you vote online for Allure's Chef de Cuisine?

Can't wait to find out what you think!

Having a World Wide Competition Chef on the 'Oasis' was the main reason we booked at 150 Park Ave last January. While she did not come to our table we saw Keriann Von Raesfeld visit some people she obviously knew. It was very pleasing to see the Chef actually there in the restaurant. I think the competition will be interesting and I expect to vote as I also expect to sail on the 'Allure' also in the future.

We will definitely watch the shows and vote for the new chef. We watch a lot of cooking shows and have enjoyed watching classes shown at CIA. We sailed on the Inaugural Cruise of Oasis of the Seas and dined at 150 Central Park. It was worth every penny and the food and service were impeccable.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been fantastic reading the comments posted! There definitely seems to be positive feedback regarding the culinary challenge!

I hope that you will watch the videos and tell your friends to watch them as well. If you decide to vote, each one that you cast will enter you in to a sweepstakes to win a 2 night pre-inagural cruise aboard the Allure of the Seas where you will get to have dinner at 150 Central Park and enjoy the menu of the winning chef. Every vote counts, and the competitor with the highest number of votes at close of the voting period (July 18th) will be named "fan favorite" and will enjoy extra points added on to their final score.

I wish the best of luck to all of my fellow competitors, and I can't wait to cook for the judges August 5th and 6th!

We can't wait for our experience on Allure in April '11 and are really looking forward to the fine dining experience!

Paying a little extra for a 5 star meal is definitely worth it if you are a foodie!

Happy sails

~ Liz

Elizanessie,

You can vote! You only have to sign up. I did and have choosen Germany as my home country and they did let me vote. DH read all the fine print and he didn´t find anything about "US only".

steamboats

Elizanessie,

You can vote! You only have to sign up. I did and have choosen Germany as my home country and they did let me vote. DH read all the fine print and he didn´t find anything about "US only".

steamboats

Contest Rules state-

. Eligibility: Royal Caribbean International's "Allure of the Seas Culinary Challenge" (the "Promotion") consists of a contest (the "Contest") and a sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes"). The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry.

I am a huge fan of Food Network. Watch it daily as new chefs try to compete for a program spot of their own. I would definitely vote online. I loved 150 Central on Oasis and I'm sure Allure will be no different. Glad for the opportunity to comment. Good luck with the contest. [Although a male, I think the women on the show do a better job than the men for a couple of reasons.] And, women, are in the minority on cruise ships! Question: is it true that non-US residents cannot vote online on this issue? Curious

Liz,

I obviously read over this part :D (I thought it was for the chefs only but not for the sweepstakes). But anyway we might be disqualfied regarding the sweepstakes prize we still can vote and sign up. I did it with my German email addy (.de) and put in Germany as country (which was an option in the pull down menu).

steamboats

Archived