Insurance advice

frenchtart

Hi

I am new to this forum and have never cruised before. My husband (46) and I (45) where interested in cruising the Caribbean for 24 nights, in 2016.

I have just been on a comparison website to get an idea of travel insurance prices just for this trip. My husband has high blood pressure but it is controlled by medication and his tablets haven't changed. I also suffer from migraines which I have declared.

The cheapest quote I have is £494, does this sound about right? I haven't had anything to compare it to, I realise there are added costs on a cruise in case you need to be airlifted off the ship, But does this sound high? Is it likely to be cheaper nearer the time?

The biggest problem with booking insurance later is that some other medical condition may come up before you get it. And if you then have symptoms which haven't been diagnosed but are still under investigation, no insurance company will cover them. Get the insurance now or as soon as possible.

But not for £494. I think possibly the reason the quote comes out so high is because you're looking more than a year ahead, and there are few companies that quote so far in advance. Get some equivalent quotes for June 2015 just to see what sort of price you might pay. Then perhaps if you telephone the likely companies with reasonable rates, they may be able to arrange something or give advice.

thank you so much dsrdsrdsr, it didn't occur to me to get a quote using this years dates. I have done that now and it's only £159, so much difference. I will now phone around and see if I can get a better quote.