Arrange flowers in suite Miami-Miami?

OctoberKat

OctoberKat,

I just saw your post and HAD to respond. I am currently on the RSSC Mariner and I had to go through the entire process of figuring this all out. Since I got to learn the process the "hard" way, I think I pretty much have the whole process down now. Contact Regent Customer Service in advance and see if they have any info that may be able to assist you with this process. If they offer no advice, here is what I have discovered:

The easiest method is to find your own florist in Miami, discuss your desired arrangements and budget, place you order, and have them deliver them to the ship. Inquire about "extra fees" they may charge for delivery to cruise ships, etc. and verify if they will deliver to Regent ships. Contact Regent customer service beforehand and make sure you receive the exact port information/docking information so the florist knows where to deliver the flowers. The ship should receive your flowers and deliver them directly to your suite! Provide name and suite info to florist to make the process easier. Also make sure you let the florist know the time period the ship will be in port as they may not deliver on time. Also, be sure to let them know you will be sailing for a long period of time and you want flowers that will last throughout the voyage. Oriental lilies, anthurium, birds of paradise, orchids, and tropical flowers last the longest! In addition to the floral arrangements, I ordered 3 live orchid plants. We have been on the ship or over 30 days, and they still look absolutely beautiful.

The second method. Per my conversation with the General Manager on the ship, simply purchase the arrangements from a reputable florist, flower shop, or market and bring them on the ship when you embark. Security should not have any problem at all with you bringing flowers or floral arrangements onto the ship. I know this is a little difficult especially when you have luggage and bags with you, but it is the best way to ensure you are getting exactly what you want.

The third, and most complicated, would be to contact Regent customer service before you set sail. The Executive Concierge on the ship can make arrangements for you to find a florist, order the flowers, and have them delivered to your suite! The only challenge is: you won't be on the ship yet to have a conversation with the Executive Concierge. Regent customer service should be able to provide you with the email address of the Executive Concierge on the ship in which you are embarking. The Executive Concierge needs at least 3 days advanced notice in order to place your order as he needs to make all of the plans BEFORE the ship gets INTO port. Unfortunately, I used the Executive Concierge to complete this task AND IT WAS FAR FROM EASY! I provided a complete list, in writing, of flowers, arrangement size, price, etc. The flowers were delivered to my suite, I was billed, I entered my suite, AND THE FLOWERS WERE NOTHING LIKE WHAT I ORDERED! He did not have enough time to contact the florist to correct the issue BEFORE we set sail, so basically I was stuck with flowers that I didn't want and had to pay for. Luckily, I contacted the General Manager on the ship to explain the problem. He had a private discussion with the Executive Concierge, and when I returned from our excursion at the next port, our suite was filled with floral arrangements that were BEYOND our expectations! I will not be using this method EVER AGAIN.

From this day forward, I will be purchasing my flowers while I am in port during my cruises at floral shoppes or flower markets and bringing them on the ship. You can contact your butler or stewardess for a container/vase.

Oh my goodness!

Verily am I disappointed to learn it's so difficult to arrange for flowers to be delivered. Most especially given Regent's claim to luxury cruising, not to mention what we are paying for a master suite, cough-cough. Nevertheless grateful to you, MattRyan, for outlining the pitfalls. I'll endeavor to avoid as many as I can. Won't go the concierge route; carrying arrangements in water does not appeal considering the other items in tow. Guess I'll work with a high-end florist to deliver to the ship. We're staying at the Four Seasons two nights ahead of embarkation so I hope to inveigle the concierge there to assist. I do like the notion of carrying on an orchid plant or two, that might well work.

Thanks again.

OctoberKat,

Don't quote me on this, but contact Regent Customer Service, as I believe the Master Suite may have 2 floral arrangements included. If so, the "included" arrangements will be far from spectacular and you may choose to use your own florist anyway. Alternatively, I would definitely make use of the Concierge at the Four Seasons as I am sure they have a distinct and reputable florist on "speed dial."

Also, if you have a preference for cut flowers in water, be sure to let your florist know, they will use those "green blocks" as a default to prevent accidental spillage while sailing.

Bon Voyage!

Edited by MattRyan
Forgot to add note.

Before you make any arrangements for a private florist of your choosing to deliver an arrangement to the ship, you should verify they will be permitted into the dock area and receipt of the flowers will be expected. Not all ports will allow all florists entry and they could be turned away. Since 9-11, private vendors not arranged by the cruise line do not have the access they once had.

Thanks. I'm betting higher-end Miami florists have a grip on this.

OctoberKat,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard in Miami. Please let me know your sail date and suite number. It would be my pleasure to arrange for a bouquet of flowers for your departure from Miami.

Best-

KSK

BRAVO!

Octoberkat,

As you can see, the simple task of coordinating flowers in your suite, requires an ACT OF CONGRESS in order to be manifest of on REGENT. Good for you, you didn't have to go through leaps and bounds and find out the process the hard way, as did I. Obviously "someone" is aware of an issue, since the President of REGENT, who should be tending to more important matters, is now involved in the process of getting flowers to your suite. I wish I had the PRESIDENT involved in coming to my rescue during my experience! :)

I am glad this thread was initiated as it will probably assist MANY, in the future, who are trying to accomplish the very same task as we. The only situation NOT ADDRESSED would be: how would family and friends go about sending flowers to the suites of loved ones, as gifts, without having to deal with such a mess?

As I researched floral delivery while on board the ship, I was surprised to discover that almost all of the other cruise lines have a direct link on their web pages to order/send flowers to passengers. REGENT does have a "gift" page on its site, but is limited to a selection of random gift items. Even a link to a list of "preferred florists" would have helped me in the process!

We are now nearing the completion our 41 night cruise across the Atlantic, and we will be reboarding the Mariner on November 18 for our 44 night trans-Pacific crossing. We are also sailing in the newly refurbished and designed larger luxury suite, and I hope you love the new decor. Lucky for us, we will be inhabiting the very same suite on our Pacific crossing. Our suite has been most spacious and enjoyable, BUT IT NEEDED the flowers to "warm it up" a bit. Our flowers transformed our suite from a simple "hotel suite," to a "home away from home."

BON VOYAGE and HAPPY TRAVELS.

Please keep this thread updated with details about your "floral" experience.

Matt

Try to be a bit gracious-- if the President of Regent has responded to your request, a simple "thank you"would be nice! Clearly he feels it to be an important matter and is trying to make your cruise most pleasant. If the flowers are THAT important to you, please do the right thing.

Debi

Try to be a bit gracious-- if the President of Regent has responded to your request, a simple "thank you"would be nice! Clearly he feels it to be an important matter and is trying to make your cruise most pleasant. If the flowers are THAT important to you, please do the right thing.

Debi

Debi...

I am not the original poster. The original poster has yet to respond to this posting. I am sure she will be most gracious about the President's participation.

OctoberKat,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard in Miami. Please let me know your sail date and suite number. It would be my pleasure to arrange for a bouquet of flowers for your departure from Miami.

Best-

KSK

Oh my goodness, I feel as if I just had won the lottery! How kind, many thanks indeed. We are James and Kathryn on the Miami-Miami Navigator voyage sailing January 27, 2015 in suite 901.

I am a little confused. If there are already floral arrangements provided in this suite, what is the importance of someone from the cruise line saying they will make sure OP has their flowers?

I was waiting for someone else to chime in on this! I am glad you mentioned it! I refrained, as I didn't want to get STEAM ROLLED on the message board! :)

OP is thrilled entirely by KSK's offer. I'm confident the flowers will be special, and grateful therefore. In any case, surely there can be no harm engendered when the president of a cruise line takes note of an individual cruiser.

Edited by OctoberKat

OP is thrilled entirely by KSK's offer. I'm confident the flowers will be special, and grateful therefore. In any case, surely there can be no harm engendered when the president of a cruise line takes note of an individual cruiser.

You are absolutely right!

I took the time, yesterday, to pay a visit to the Cruise Consultant on the ship to inquire about the flowers in your suite. She confirmed, to me, that the Master Suite does include a floral arrangement of "miscellaneous" flowers depending upon the ship's global location.

Since I chose to pursue specific species of flowers and design, I had to participate in the process that I described earlier. Hopefully this thread was able to assist you in this matter.

Enjoy your cruise and your flowers! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...