Son just broke his arm 4 weeks before our cruise

jk13292000

The turtle farm and Hell are dry touristy things in Grand Cayman.

For what it's worth, the umbrella bags that grocery stores put out make good covers for arm casts :). We just got my son out of one and went through a lot of those bags!

That stinks, but our son broke his wrist ON our Valor cruise on the first sea day. We went to the turtle farm and Hell at GC. Loved it! In Coz, take the opportunity to go to some ruins. We really just thought we were making the best if it but it turned out to be the best things we have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They make cast covers that vacuum seal an can be worn swimming for up to 30 or 45 minutes at a time. You can google dry pro cast covers to find one. Several years ago my son broke his arm the night before leaving for Florida. While at the pool there (with him unable to go in) someone told us about them and we found one locally by contacting the company. We have since loaned it out several times, they work great if you follow he easy directions

Kathy-Central Indiana

Mom to four (2girls-16&13), (2boys-13&11)

Carnival Liberty (Southern) 4/2015)

Carnival Conquest (11/13) Repositioning

Carnival Liberty (4/13) Eastern

Carnival Destiny (6/04) Southern

My 4 year old (at the time) broke his arm 4 weeks before our cruise. We got a waterproof cast. Luckily he got it off after 3 weeks and was only in a sling. But I had looked into the covering too.... we liked the waterproof cast but it took a LONG time to dry out. Good luck!

Don't they have fibresglass casts in America?

My daughter had one and swam all the time.

We do but the padding still gets wet, can cause skin break down that leads to infection.

Too bad about the break! You could try the dry bags but if a plaster cast gets wet at all it will disintegrate. If the fiberglass gets wet at all make sure you dry the cast by hairdryer on low until it is 100% dry.

Hope you can find some fun activities!

They sell cast bags at our local Walgreens, we looked into them when my dh broke his hand. Never used them though. I would definitely look into a bag or waterproof cast. Our son broke his arm when he was 5, just before a trip to southern California (this was before they had waterproof casts) we just wrapped his arm in plastic bags really well and he was able to splash around at the beach, no big submersion though.Worst case if he accidentally gets it wet, just take him in for a new cast as soon as you get home (do attempt to dry with hair dryer of course).

My son broke his arm two weeks before a 10 day med cruise at six and two weeks before a 14 day European vacation this year at 8. We did fiberglass both times with no issues. More importantly, we went to a large a-z store online and bought a black kids sling. It was soft, comfortable, didn't show dirt, and was washable. He said it was useful, highly recommend.

At his age, we were restricted to mild excursions due to age restrictions . We viewed those offered by the cruise line for his age group and booked them. They were all rather tame but we had a great time even with the cast! We did get one extra pillow to help support his arm while sleeping.

Hope you have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums