Admiralty House Cliff Jumping

JamesGNYC

Has anyone gone to the beach at admiralty house park and did the cliff jumping into the ocean? Looks like it's a lot of fun and one of the best spots on the island to do it

Withholding my own personal opinion, here's a direct quote, from a respected Bermuda Guidebook:

"Accidents commonly occur over the summer holidays as daredevils show off to friends or spectators from the picturesque overhangs at the edge of popular beaches such as ... Admiralty Cove, on the North Shore. Travelers would be ill-advised to try high-diving from any points around the island where they are not entirely sure of water depth or the possibility of concealed reefs, sunken objects, or other hazards."

-- Moon Handbooks, BERMUDA, by Rosemary Jones; (3rd edition, page 322)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Do you know if there are bathrooms/facilities at Admiralty House Park?

It's a strange park - you actually drive down a winding path from the street to get to the swimming/rec area, and I beleive at the top by the entrance there is a bathroom, but none down by the red area. I didn't use it as we were there briefly, so don't have an answer for you. You should definitely try the jumping though! Lots of fun

• 7 months later...

I see this thread is old. But can anyone who's been there give me details?

How far a walk to get to cliff?

Is it obvious which way to walk?

How do you get out of the ocean after you jump? (I've seen video of jumpers, but not exiting).

Do you need to wear foot protection for jagged rocks?

Is there also a beach area there?

We're definitely doing this!

I see this thread is old. But can anyone who's been there give me details?

How far a walk to get to cliff?

Is it obvious which way to walk?

How do you get out of the ocean after you jump? (I've seen video of jumpers, but not exiting).

Do you need to wear foot protection for jagged rocks?

Is there also a beach area there?

Here are reviews from TripAdvisor.

A review of Admiralty Park and Clarence Cove.

Go over to YouTube and search for Admiralty House Park.

Yes, there is a small beach at Clarence Cove

SBtS

Once you enter the park there is a path that takes you down to the beach area. The beach area has barbecues set up, a beach front area, as well as the area to cliff jump. It's pretty clear where to jump off the cliff (usually there are others doing it), and once you jump in, you swim maybe 30 yards back to the beach area or less for where the water is shallow enough to stand. I miss it and enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the update on how it went! Looking forward to doing some of this when I go in late May. Only other time I did this was in Costa Rica into the pool of a waterfall. Wondering how this one will stack up (higher/lower/etc) I also saw a video of a guy jumping into the blue hole at Tom Moore's jungle..looked like there was a good spot to stand and it was deep enough.

Thanks for the update ...... I also saw a video of a guy jumping into the blue hole at Tom Moore's jungle..looked like there was a good spot to stand and it was deep enough.

Before you make plans to go to TMJ, I suggest you read this thread, Ban on cave swiming at Tom Moore's Jungle... and the article linked to in the first post.

SBtS