Improvements at Horseshoe Bay start .....

SailBadtheSinner

So I'm really happy to see improvements being made. I know everyone will appreciate nicer/better facilities. However, there is NO WAY they will have this completed by May 1, and I had planned a day at Horseshoe beach the first week of May. Sigh...

So I'm really happy to see improvements being made. I know everyone will appreciate nicer/better facilities. However, there is NO WAY they will have this completed by May 1, and I had planned a day at Horseshoe beach the first week of May. Sigh...

I am generally pessimistic about such projects in Bermuda but it could be done by May 1. They are pushing upgrades due to the America's Cup races expected to bring additional visitors to Bermuda starting at the end of May. These plans were made a while ago. Most of the facilities for the bar and restaurant were well under way last year so probably not much construction is needed to finish the facilities. It is mainly roadwork that is left to be done.

No way I would plan a beach day in Bermuda the first week of May though. Not beach season that early in May.

I am generally pessimistic about such projects in Bermuda but it could be done by May 1. They are pushing upgrades due to the America's Cup races expected to bring additional visitors to Bermuda starting at the end of May. These plans were made a while ago. Most of the facilities for the bar and restaurant were well under way last year so probably not much construction is needed to finish the facilities. It is mainly roadwork that is left to be done.

No way I would plan a beach day in Bermuda the first week of May though. Not beach season that early in May.

Although a plus, I don't have to get wet or wear a swimsuit to enjoy a beach day! A little sand, view of the ocean and a drink are an almost perfect beach day to me!

The new operator of the Horseshoe Bay concessions is not happy with the timeline.

http://www.royalgazette.com/news/article/20170127/car-park-project-jeopardises-business

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

today. Royal Gazette article.

SBtS

Thank you SBtS and Charles4515 for these posts. Planning an August trip and wondered about access to HBB via bus. When the articles/video refer to better bus access, are they referring to Bermuda public bus or the shuttle buses specifically for transport to HBB?

I'm hoping and assuming that this means no more drop off at the top of the hill or need to walk down or back up. Looks like this will be an incredible improvement.

Any information greatly appreciated.:D

Thank you SBtS and Charles4515 for these posts. Planning an August trip and wondered about access to HBB via bus. When the articles/video refer to better bus access, are they referring to Bermuda public bus or the shuttle buses specifically for transport to HBB?

I'm hoping and assuming that this means no more drop off at the top of the hill or need to walk down or back up. Looks like this will be an incredible improvement.

Any information greatly appreciated.:D

The idea in designing the changes was that the public pink buses would be able to drop off at the bottom of the hill but we can't assume that they will actually do that. For one thing last year they eliminated the extra runs of "Special" public buses that only went from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay. They want people to use taxis and the minibus shuttles, not the public buses. Would the regular #7 buses drive down the hill and then back up and continue on their route? I have some doubts. We don't have that information yet. In May we will know. For many years there were few changes. The last few there have been changes and surprises not known until May.

The idea in designing the changes was that the public pink buses would be able to drop off at the bottom of the hill but we can't assume that they will actually do that. For one thing last year they eliminated the extra runs of "Special" public buses that only went from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay. They want people to use taxis and the minibus shuttles, not the public buses. Would the regular #7 buses drive down the hill and then back up and continue on their route? I have some doubts. We don't have that information yet. In May we will know. For many years there were few changes. The last few there have been changes and surprises not known until May.

Thanks!

Does anyone now how far the access points that they are suggesting from the actual beach and facilities. We are leaving next Sunday and will have a small child with us and won't be able to walk too far.

Does anyone now how far the access points that they are suggesting from the actual beach and facilities. We are leaving next Sunday and will have a small child with us and won't be able to walk too far.

They would be about two to three times the distance as walking down the hill from the regular bus stop for Horseshoe on the South Road. One of them is described as a steep hill. As it is April is not optimal beach weather, the water temp is chilly, if it were me I wouldn't bother except to see the beach in April. With the construction, not at all.