Goff's Caye or Caye Caulker for Snorkling?

the admiral12

I will be there next week with my 11 year old twin girls and I cannot decide between Goff's Caye with Princess or the Caye Caulker with Coral Breeze.

Has anybody done both? Is Caye Caulker worth seeing beyond the snorkling? Do people get seasick on the boat ride over?

I would appreciate any advice.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our Crown Princess cruise which stopped in Belize. We did the Goff"s Caye with the ship. We did not have to tender to Belize, the "speed boat" picked us up and dropped us off on the Ship. You could choose to snorkel from boat or from the island. If you don't snorkel, there isn't much else at the island.

We did the Coral Breeze tour to Caye Caulker. The company had helpful people, the small boat( they have two) was very uncomfortable on the way over.

Once there, we rented a golf cart with the help of the Coral Breeze people( they were very nice). It is a neat island to tour for a couple of hours and have lunch. It reminds me of Key West in the 1970's.

We requested the big boat on the ride home and it was much better.

We just got back from our Crown Princess cruise which stopped in Belize. We did the Goff"s Caye with the ship. We did not have to tender to Belize, the "speed boat" picked us up and dropped us off on the Ship. You could choose to snorkel from boat or from the island. If you don't snorkel, there isn't much else at the island.

We are booked (through Princess) on the Goff's Caye tour in a few weeks. I'm happy to hear that we may be picked up at the ship - much easier than tendering in and then being taken back out by boat! I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

We are booked (through Princess) on the Goff's Caye tour in a few weeks. I'm happy to hear that we may be picked up at the ship - much easier than tendering in and then being taken back out by boat! I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

I usually do private excursions, but doing this through the ship was a benefit because we did NOT have to tender. We had ship to ship service. We did the early tour (830 I think), came back to the ship, changed, grabbed a quick bite and then tendered over to Belize to shop.

We did the princess tour to Goff's Cayenne and were very pleased with their attention to safety. The currents are very strong and I am not a great swimmer but there were a lot of excursion staff in the water and I was able to do the hour long snorkeling tour in the water without difficulty.

The island is tiny and primitive. After snorkeling we had about thirty minutes to enjoy a rum punch and the beach.

I highly recommend This tour.

Archived