Blue Waters Beach Escape AI vs Bamboo Beach Club VIP All inclusive help?

tusconcam

Hi there.

I hope this is the correct place to post this. My girlfriend and I are going to be in Falmouth Jamaica at the end of this month on a Royal Caribbean Cruise on Oasis of the Seas and we need info/help choosing a day excursion.

We have already signed up for a 4 1/2 hr All Inclusive day at Blue Waters Beach (but can cancel/book something else) with food and drinks and some entertainment; but certainly mostly the sun and sand. We have been reading some mixed reviews about this new beach Club and were wondering if anyone could chime in about their experience there and/or with info/comparison (if possible) with the Bamboo Beach Club?

We'd like to know which one we should go to. I know it's subjective.

We are a bit disappointed in the reviews stating that there weren't enough lounge chairs for patrons and an overcrowded experience with not enough food at Blue Waters and that if you didn't get there early enough you wouldn't get a spot in the shade if you wanted. (only a few reviews, but enough to perk my interest up)

However their beach and water does look nice and it's close to our Cruise ship port.

Unfortunately I am just as confused about the Bamboo Beach Club based on reviews I've read. Some have said that the beach is small and their wooden chairs are uncomfortable and it too looks quite crowded.

We would be paying about the same as the other Beach Club and it is a "VIP experience" based on Royal Caribbean's excursion description. (Unlimited food tapas style and drinks and supposedly our own area of chairs for cruisers on the beach? ) So they both seem to offer the same things. So I'm stuck.

Any help/advice (other than read more reviews which just seem to overwhelm my brain) would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

You should also check out resort for a day's website. We booked one of the resorts last year when we were in Ocho Rios and it was amazing and all inclusive with the transportation included. This year we have chosen Royalton White Sands thru a different company but it looks better than some of the other choices close to Falmouth.

Went there a few years ago and was disappointed. I went to Red Stripe beach last week and enjoyed myself. On the boat, I heard great things from fellow passengers over the Blue Waters and other AI at Falmouth. Next time I go, I will try an AI. My kids were a little bored at the Red Stripe but I enjoyed it.

• 2 months later...

My family went to Blue Waters BC last month on RC excursion and it was nice. I loved that it was close to the Falmouth port. Plenty of chairs, food, drinks and great music. There isn't a lot of shade, but they have lots of umbrellas. My only advice is to wear water shoes. My son stepped on sea urchin.

• 4 weeks later...

I visited Bamboo Beach Club in March and I'm afraid to report I was VERY disappointed in it. The beach was small in both the width and length. I'm sure if it was the time of year such as storm season but the beach was also covered with seaweed. I know that is impossible to control but most other "resorts" or "clubs" make an effort to clean it up. I did not observe staff cleaning it up. I would not recommend it, which is not something I state lightly. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
You should also check out resort for a day's website. We booked one of the resorts last year when we were in Ocho Rios and it was amazing and all inclusive with the transportation included. This year we have chosen Royalton White Sands thru a different company but it looks better than some of the other choices close to Falmouth.

did you book through Island marketing for $88pp for adults?

Is it really only 15minutes from the Falmouth pier?

Bill

• 1 year later...

Skip Bamboo Beach! Not worth the time nor money. The beach is narrow and short with uncomfortable chairs with no shade or umbrellas. The water is clean, but the sea floor is rocky covered with a slimy algae growth. The food is limited unremarkable tapas--nothing special. It takes 1.5 hours to drive to the beach from the Falmouth port and another 2+ hours to get back, because of an unscheduled/unadvertised stop at a high-priced souvenir shop to fleece the tourists. Falmouth Port is very nice with plenty of souvenir type shops that were less expensive as well as craft and jewelry shops that we would have liked to shop in, but we barely made it back to the port in time to board our ships.

• 1 month later...
I agree with Holly. Skip Bamboo Beach club.

In Falmouth we loved the Royalton White Sands which is only about 15 minutes from the ship.

Bill

Oh boy. I’m not up for over an hour drive to relax! Thanks in advance for the advice. What is the website to book a resort for a day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh boy. I’m not up for over an hour drive to relax! Thanks in advance for the advice. What is the website to book a resort for a day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not seeing it on Resort for a day but we booked it from Island Marketing.

https://jamaicacruiseexcursions.com/excursions/falmouth-resort-beach-break/

The link is for Royalton White Sands and not Blue Waters which I am not familiar with.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover