Navigator of the seas - gty inside cabin allocated 6215

haywoolard

Hi we booked on Monday a RCCL canaries cruise and booked an inside gty we have already been allocated 6215 (there is me husband and little boy of 3). It doesn't seem a bad location. Anyone know if it's good or bad?

Also what is the likely hood of this being charged between now and the cruise in June?

Also any other tips for this boat or RCCL in general as we have only ever been on the carnival sunshine once before.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Your room is near the fore of the ship, so you will feel more motion if there is any, especially if the ship has to pull in its stabilizers (do not know why it would have to on your itinerary though! not like you're going to run into icy waters!). It's a good big/long ship and with modern stabilizers you shouldn't be thrown out of bed or anything.

It appears your room is over the stage of Star Lounge, so you may hear some music; that's not the main theatre though. And you have other staterooms overhead which is good!

...Also what is the likely hood of this being cha[N]ged between now and the cruise in June?

...Thanks in advance

It does seem a bit far out for a guarantee to be fixed in stone! doesn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if they shifted you within the insides when it gets near sailing date -- because they can with a guarantee. Maybe CB knows something about RCI in particular that I don't...

You may get a upsell (paid upgrade) offer as well. This would generally happen after Final Payment Day, when the line starts moving people around trying to fill the ship to capacity. It helps to have an idea what a better room would be worth to you, if anything, because sometimes the offers go fast.

Did you pay in full? If you didn't, keep watching for fare decrease of like cabins that should be applicable to your 'bill' (up until the final payment date, which I believe is 75 days before sailing on RCI). If you did, keep watching anyway and call them up if that occurs; people sometimes get On Board Credit for at least part of the difference.

Thanks. We have only paid the deposit so far. In the UK there is a buy one get one half price offer. As we are a couple and child (3yo) there are only a certain number of rooms we could have been given.

I don't know if this will be a problem as on our last cruise neither of us suffered with motion apart from bay of biscay but that was only movement not actual feeling ill.

I do however have a further question because on the deck plan this shows as an interconnecting room does this add to noise in the room if doors are thin or gaps around doors as obviously we won't be having both rooms?

Maybe we will get the option to upgrade a little or I might enquire nearer the time.

Thanks for all the tips though. I'm just excited to be on a RC CRUISE with the added bonus of kids club for our little boy (who is fully potty trained!)

Don't know RCI in particular, but many reviews of connecting cabins report minimal noise--similar to just the wall (they're both sheet metal anyway). Have had a connecting door on HAL and heard the TV once, maybe twice.

I was googling for something specific about the connecting door and found this thread specifically about your location (nothing much about the door), but lots of encouragement for where you are:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1925973

PPS, found another review/report on N.o.t.S. -- family in connecting rooms -- parents could not hear the kids' TV in the next room! Also report on the kids clubs BY the kids (older than yours of course).

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2013-03-26/wendy-perrin-cruise-vacation-tips-royal-caribbean-navigator-of-the-seas