Disney World to Tampa Port?

beverleyngo168

Hi everyone we are very close to booking a cruise on the carnival paradise from the port of Tampa for July 2017 (our first cruise outside Europe!).

However, we just have a query about Tampa cruise port. What would be the cheapest way for a family of four to get from a Disney World resort to Tampa cruise port? We were thinking of hiring a car using alamo/national and dropping it off at the Westin in Tampa, but does anyone know if they provide a free shuttle to the cruise port?

Thanks a lot!

-Bev

can't answer the shuttle question but here's my thoughts

1. returning to a hotel location typically means a small office so a shuttle anywhere is less likely. Where IS the hotel/return in relation to the pier???

2. It is easy to return to the airport, and IME most of the majors WILL shuttle to the cruise terminals from the airport. CALL TO VERIFY.

3. IF your company will not shuttle from the airport the taxi fee is flat rate of $24 (last time I checked) but I'll admit that the taxi fee from a hotel NEAR the port MIGHT be less .... LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.

4. There ARE shuttles between WDW and the Tampa airport found easily via Google. I'd call and ask about a WDW to cruise port ride. I bet the cost is the same (as a ride to the airport) .... and saves the hassle of: get car, drive, fuel car, return car ...... Renting a car will be LESS $ but more hassle. Me, I'm happy to throw $$ at a problem and make it go away.

Edited by Capt_BJ

Thank you both for the quick reply. We will most likely rent a car so we can do a quick shop at Target or Walmart along the way. If none of the car rentals near the port offer a shuttle, we will probably drop it off at tampa airport and grab a taxi. Thanks for the advice!

If anyone does know if there are shuttles please let me know :)

Dollar used to offer, believe they have discontinued along with the other TPA rental sites.

Found it to be less expensive dropping off offsite of TPA, easier too.

Renting Alamo/national @ WDW, make sure to price out both Car Care Center and the one @ Dolphin.

Other rental pickups in Disney springs area too, not difficult to pick up car walking over.

Dollar used to offer, believe they have discontinued along with the other TPA rental sites.

Found it to be less expensive dropping off offsite of TPA, easier too.

Renting Alamo/national @ WDW, make sure to price out both Car Care Center and the one @ Dolphin.

Other rental pickups in Disney springs area too, not difficult to pick up car walking over.

Thanks so much. I guess we will just rent one way and drop off at tampa airport, and grab a taxi to the port :)

There were both a Hertz and an Avis located just blocks away from the port in some of the larger hotels the last time we cruised from Tamps; believe the Avis was at Embassy Suites and Hertz was at a Marriott. They should offer shuttles or a taxi would only be a few bucks, but you may get a better rate if you drop the car off at TPA and then pay $25+tip for a cab - price it out both ways.

Have a great cruise!

There were both a Hertz and an Avis located just blocks away from the port in some of the larger hotels the last time we cruised from Tamps; believe the Avis was at Embassy Suites and Hertz was at a Marriott. They should offer shuttles or a taxi would only be a few bucks, but you may get a better rate if you drop the car off at TPA and then pay $25+tip for a cab - price it out both ways.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks John! Will look into that now- didn't know about it before thank you :)

Many people will drop everyone and their luggage and at port, then 1 person will drop the car at the airport and take the cruise ship shuttle. Carnival is $20.50 for one person, the rest are $21.50-$22.50. It's about a 20-25 minute shuttle ride.

Many people will drop everyone and their luggage and at port, then 1 person will drop the car at the airport and take the cruise ship shuttle. Carnival is $20.50 for one person, the rest are $21.50-$22.50. It's about a 20-25 minute shuttle ride.

This is a good idea actually- we didn't think about this. Thanks :)