GLOBAL ENTRY - Port of Miami

funship freddy

Does anyone have experience with Global Entry when arriving back at the Port of Miami ?

Global Entry is not at cruise ports. You have to be processed just like all the other common folk.

Edited by HamSammie

I think they do have Global Entry at cruise ports...

I just go off Allure last Sunday, and to the side of the huge line for Passport Control was a Global Entry Sign and a guard. We walked up to the guard and she said there are no machines yet, but if we had our Global Entry CARD...yes the card, not the passport because that would be in addition to the card, you could go through the side entrance and enter the line for the passport agents from the front instead of the back, which probably saved us 45 minutes. We still had the Passport checked the old fashion way but were thrilled to have a quicker exit. I did not spend time getting the whole scoop but know that to the right of the main line is a global entry line only but you need that Global Entry Card, not just a passport since the machines are not installed. Maybe it is a start ???

I think they do have Global Entry at cruise ports...

I just go off Allure last Sunday, and to the side of the huge line for Passport Control was a Global Entry Sign and a guard. We walked up to the guard and she said there are no machines yet, but if we had our Global Entry CARD...yes the card, not the passport because that would be in addition to the card, you could go through the side entrance and enter the line for the passport agents from the front instead of the back, which probably saved us 45 minutes. We still had the Passport checked the old fashion way but were thrilled to have a quicker exit. I did not spend time getting the whole scoop but know that to the right of the main line is a global entry line only but you need that Global Entry Card, not just a passport since the machines are not installed. Maybe it is a start ???

Port Everglades, yes. :)

Others right now no. :)

More to come. Time will tell.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

Now, I have reported this several times. Without fail, people have come back and said that Global Entry is only available at airports. Without fail, I have said that I had this PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and this is not supposition or third hand information. I inquired of the customs agent and was advised that there WILL BE kiosks installed and that IN THE MEANTIME they are honoring Global Entry participants.

Now, I have reported this several times. Without fail, people have come back and said that Global Entry is only available at airports. Without fail, I have said that I had this PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and this is not supposition or third hand information. I inquired of the customs agent and was advised that there WILL BE kiosks installed and that IN THE MEANTIME they are honoring Global Entry participants.

OK, so then YOU go through the Port of Miami using GLOBAL ENTRY and please REPORT BACK on your experience. I am sure all of us would be QUITE INTERESTED to see your RESPONSE. :rolleyes:

Be sure to bring your Global Entry Card to be on the safe side.

While you don't use it at airports, if it was available at the port you would show it along with your passport.

At Port Everglades they are now asking people to show it at most (not all) but most terminals.

Keith

• 6 months later...

We arrived Port of Miami yesterday aboard Fathom Adonia from Cuba. We docked at Pier E.

Sure enough, the familiar "Global Entry" signs were posted on the left side of the CBP area! Yayyyy!

I've been in Global Entry pretty much since the program began and I've used it almost weekly for work every since. But never having had any use for the little Global Entry card they issued, I stopped carrying it long ago.

Well, as others in this thread have said, BRING THAT CARD! While there are no Global Entry kiosks to scan your passport (like in airports), they allow those showing the Global Entry card to go to the front of the normal lines.

Naturally my smarty-pants wife had her card with her, so she got to skip ahead while I stood in line. The good news was that we were among the first off our ship so the line wasn't bad.

But lesson learned- BRING YOUR GLOBAL ENTRY CARD! :D

We were on the Splendor a couple of weeks ago and when we debarked, to the left was a Global Entry line. No kiosk just a CBP officer. There were a couple people in line. There was no line at the regular area so we skipped GE and used it.

Edited by stevec999

I've been using Global Entry for about a year now and it is so helpful. The $100 fee over its 5 year life is a bargain.

I did need to show my card in FLL to access the G.E. line, no one else was even there while hundreds were on the regular Customs line. I know other Customs check points on other cruise lines utilize G E and it's my opinion that G E will become the gold standard throughout US Customs.

There were separate lines in Puerto Rico in both 2015 and 2016. They were the same lines the crew used and we only waited a few minutes. They were not marked however. We had a Porter help us with all our luggage and asked "Is there a Global Entry line?" and were then moved there. It's the furthest line to the right. No kiosks, but the line was 1/4 of the regular line. So if San Juan has it, I'm ganna guess Miami may have a special line too.

Just returned yesterday to Port of Miami on MSC. I asked the porter about a Global Entry and he looked at me like I just got off the Starship Enterprise. Didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I went through the "regular" line and asked the CBP officer about it and he said the Miami wasn't doing it. Seems to me a lot of confusion on the issue. In Port Everglades in April it worked like a chard. I showed the card to my porter who took us right to the G E line and there was only one person in front of us. Hopefully Miami will figure it out. Well worth the $100

Does anyone know if a Nexus card will be accepted? It includes Global Entry status.

Roy

We used our Nexus cards at Port Everglades a few weeks ago when we got off the Conquest. It was fantastic. The Global Entry line was all the way to the right with not one person in line. The other lines had a couple hundred people in them. I hope the rest of the ports get the GE lines soon!

We were on the Splendor a couple of weeks ago and when we debarked, to the left was a Global Entry line. No kiosk just a CBP officer. There were a couple people in line. There was no line at the regular area so we skipped GE and used it.

Thank you - we sail Splendor soon! :cool: