Self service laundry

Old but Active

On the NCL Jewel, is there any where for self service laundry, especially to iron out the creases in clothes caused by being packed in a suitcase as I am well aware for sensible reasons that one is not permitted a steam iron in cabins

Thanks for your advice

:confused:

On the NCL Jewel, is there any where for self service laundry, especially to iron out the creases in clothes caused by being packed in a suitcase as I am well aware for sensible reasons that one is not permitted a steam iron in cabins

Thanks for your advice

:confused:

Not sure about self=service laundry on the Jewel but you can always ask for an iron and ironing board from your room steward. They will let you use it in your cabin for a short while. They will deliver it and pick it up for you.

NCL has a bargain laundry bag day, usually mid cruise when you can fill a laundry bag and have it back in a day or two. The trick is to roll items as small as possible,and place them in the bag. As a platinum, I get 1 bag of laundry done for free.

We usually send underwear, socks, PJs, shorts and tees. Any fine-washables are washed by hand in the sink and hung on the shower clothesline to dry.

NCL has a bargain laundry bag day, usually mid cruise when you can fill a laundry bag and have it back in a day or two. The trick is to roll items as small as possible,and place them in the bag. As a platinum, I get 1 bag of laundry done for free.

We usually send underwear, socks, PJs, shorts and tees. Any fine-washables are washed by hand in the sink and hung on the shower clothesline to dry.

As Gold I was able to combine the laundry special price with the 25% discount coupon and washed all of my 5 year olds clothes as she went through more outfits a day than we had planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the NCL DAWN recently and did the $19.95 bundled laundry service special

- good news at least you don't have to fight the cheap paper bags. They have

a new nylon type bag with draw string that holds a great deal of clothing for

a great bang for the buck.

On the bundled laundry day fill out the form and place it inside the bag and

leave it on your bed - Your cabin steward will pick-it up and your should have

clean unpressed clothes back by the next day afternoon.

If you are Platinum you get FREE laundry - give the cabin steward your laundry

before 9am and get it back same day afternoon (my experience with Platinum

service in a suite) YMMV

I did one load with the $19.95 service charge on the first leg of a B2B cruise

and the FREE service on the return leg.

Beware NCL places a scratchy iron on tag to places that may cause an itch

to identify your stuff. The tags are easy to remove but use care around delicates.

Don't just rip and tear.

The paid service is better as things are folded (not pressed) and shirts are on

hangers. The FREE service is not so much to write about here at CC.

Had the opportunity to take the Behind the Scenes Tour and the ships laundry

was the first thing visited. NCL DAWN laundry is located on the deck under the

Stardust theatre a huge room with multiple machines doing various functions.

A 24/7/365 operation - bedding sheets linens napkins guest laundry crew uniforms theatre performers gear.

On the NCL DAWN recently and did the $19.95 bundled laundry service special. ...

If you are Platinum you get FREE laundry - give the cabin steward your laundry

before 9am and get it back same day afternoon (my experience with Platinum

service in a suite) YMMV

I did one load with the $19.95 service charge on the first leg of a B2B cruise

and the FREE service on the return leg. ...

The paid service is better as things are folded (not pressed) and shirts are on

hangers. The FREE service is not so much to write about here at CC. ....

Platinum does not get free laundry but gets one free bag special per cruise, sometimes per week on longer cruises.

I don't know why you saythe free service is not so much to write about.

Our free laundry, as Platinum members, has always returned shirts on hangars and they always look like they were pressed. This has been true for at least 8 bag specials we've gotten free as Platinum members on several long cruises.

Platinum does not get free laundry but gets one free bag special per cruise, sometimes per week on longer cruises.

Our free laundry, as Platinum members, has always returned shirts on hangars and they always look like they were pressed. This has been true for at least 8 bag specials we've gotten free as Platinum members on several long cruises.

(Platinum does not get free laundry but gets one free bag special per cruise, sometimes per week on longer cruises.)

I was on a B2B cruise and was not certain if I was to have FREE Platinum laundry

service on both legs - later found out that that was the case. Your reply is a bit

confusing (platinum does get FREE laundry and does get an additional one on B2B cruises).

My comment about the free service being not so much to write about here on

CC is based on the Paid service that was much more presentable with shirts on

hangers and everything else neatly wrapped and folded. The free platinum

service while hustled thru in the same day did not come wrapped and on

hangers. This was my observance. In both instances about 20 some items were

placed in the laundry bag and given to the cabin steward before 9am.

This was not a test of the service system but rather a feeling out how the

laundry service works as a first time platinum cruiser.

This has also been our experience. On a 14 night cruise we each got a free bag on each week so 4 bags total. It came back next day, our steward left the small items in a basket on our bed and hung the items on the hangers in the closet including polo shirts, trousers and jeans. Hoping to get 4 bags between us on our 15 night South America cruise as it will be a huge help with our packing. If not we will be glad to pay up.

(Platinum does not get free laundry but gets one free bag special per cruise' date=' sometimes per week on longer cruises.)[/b']

... Your reply is a bit

confusing (platinum does get FREE laundry and does get an additional one on B2B cruises).

Please re-read my post. I did not say on b2b cruises I said on longer cruises.

On our 14 day ta last April we were given a free laundry bag each week, not just one for the whole cruise. That had not been the case on a previous ta when we were only given one free bag for the entire cruise.

When people read that platinum members get free laundry they sometimes think it means no limit but it is limited to bag special.

My comment about the free service being not so much to write about here on CC is based on the Paid service that was much more presentable with shirts on hangers and everything else neatly wrapped and folded. The free platinum service while hustled thru in the same day did not come wrapped and on hangers. This was my observance. In both instances about 20 some items were placed in the laundry bag and given to the cabin steward before 9am.

This was not a test of the service system but rather a feeling out how the

laundry service works as a first time platinum cruiser.

I'm sorry your experience with free platinum perk wasn't what it should be.

As I said, ours has always come back with shirts on hangars, no wrinkles, and everything else neatly folded in basket. But we've never received it back the same day.