Bumping tours versus Reyno tours

travelingtrish

I highly recommend Bumpiing tours. We toured with Levi Baron just over a month ago and I can honestly say that he was the best guide we ever had.

Our tour included the hike to the Middle Ham Falls, Titou Gorge, Trafalgar falls with the time to soak in the natural hot springs at the bottom of the falls, and Champagne reef for $60 per person.

Also our friends used Bumpiing tours six month ago, their guide was Garry whom they claimed was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

I would highly recommend using Reyno Tours. We just got back last week and our Dominica tour ranked at the top of our list for our whole trip.

We had a private tour with 5 people which included Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls, Hot Springs, and Champage Reef Snorkeling for $50 per person. I can't say enough about how impressed we were by Reyno and his brother Larry. The day was simply amazing and they worked so hard to acommodate us and make sure our day was all we wanted it to be.

When do you go?

I am trying to decide which company to use. Can anyone provide me reasons why which company is better than the other?

Levi from Bumpiing Tours gave us by far the best day of our cruise -- quite possibly the best day ever! There were only four people on the tour and we started with the hike to Middleham Falls - spectacular and somewhat challenging as it had been raining a lot in the previous days. Then to Titou Gorge - a swim upriver through a tight gorge (almost completely enclosed as a cave) to a waterfall. I sniffed at the lifebelt, but was glad to have it as we approaced the falls. Jumping back into the stream at the top and floating back out was a kick! Trafalgar Falls was pretty and crowded, but Levi led us back to an unoccupied area of the hot springs where we enjoyed our soak in peace and solitude. It was good to take the chill off after our gorge swim. Then on to Champagned Reef for snorkelling. Levi snorkelled with us and dove to find and point out special features -- like a barracuda and a couple of eels! I honestly can't remember having had so much fun and action before packed into a single day. Levi was fun, helpful, informative - everything you look for in guide. AND (best part!) he knew the timing of the other tours and managed to keep us between big clots of people so we did virtually everything without crowds!

I can't recommend him enough. We paid $60 per person for what turned out to be about an eight-hour tour. Wow.

Levi from Bumpiing Tours gave us by far the best day of our cruise -- quite possibly the best day ever! There were only four people on the tour and we started with the hike to Middleham Falls - spectacular and somewhat challenging as it had been raining a lot in the previous days. Then to Titou Gorge - a swim upriver through a tight gorge (almost completely enclosed as a cave) to a waterfall. I sniffed at the lifebelt, but was glad to have it as we approaced the falls. Jumping back into the stream at the top and floating back out was a kick! Trafalgar Falls was pretty and crowded, but Levi led us back to an unoccupied area of the hot springs where we enjoyed our soak in peace and solitude. It was good to take the chill off after our gorge swim. Then on to Champagned Reef for snorkelling. Levi snorkelled with us and dove to find and point out special features -- like a barracuda and a couple of eels! I honestly can't remember having had so much fun and action before packed into a single day. Levi was fun, helpful, informative - everything you look for in guide. AND (best part!) he knew the timing of the other tours and managed to keep us between big clots of people so we did virtually everything without crowds!

I can't recommend him enough. We paid $60 per person for what turned out to be about an eight-hour tour. Wow.

We are scheduled to do the same exact tour with Bumpiing Tours.... I so hope we get Levi. This is the excursion I am most looking forward to.

I just got back from my cruise yesterday. On Thursday, 1-20-11, I toured with Gary of Bumpiing tours with my parents (63 and 68) and my DD (3 1/2). We had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend this tour.

Although Gary drove us, Levi came with the group of two large vans in a separate vehicle and led the group through the entire tour. Our group got moving at about 8:15 since everyone that signed up was there early. We got to Titou Gorge early and were the only group there. The gorge was incredible! My DD and father did not get in as the water was too cold for both of them. As we were leaving, oodles of people on the ship tours and other tour groups were showing up. The same thing happened when we got to Trafalgar Falls.

The Falls were spectacular! The rain forest surrounding them was beautiful. We went to the hot pools and soaked in the perfect temperature mineral water. It was a lot of fun exploring the different pools and little waterfalls. As we were leaving, I couldn't believe how many people were coming down the trail.

We skipped the Champagne reef since we have been there before and my DD needed a nap. We were dropped off at the ship at 1:30. The snorkelers were returned to the ship before 3.

We really had a great day. The guides were friendly and informative. You can really tell that they love what they do. You can't go wrong with Bumpiing tours, IMO. Good luck!

I just got back from my cruise yesterday. On Thursday, 1-20-11, I toured with Gary of Bumpiing tours with my parents (63 and 68) and my DD (3 1/2). We had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend this tour.

Although Gary drove us, Levi came with the group of two large vans in a separate vehicle and led the group through the entire tour. Our group got moving at about 8:15 since everyone that signed up was there early. We got to Titou Gorge early and were the only group there. The gorge was incredible! My DD and father did not get in as the water was too cold for both of them. As we were leaving, oodles of people on the ship tours and other tour groups were showing up. The same thing happened when we got to Trafalgar Falls.

The Falls were spectacular! The rain forest surrounding them was beautiful. We went to the hot pools and soaked in the perfect temperature mineral water. It was a lot of fun exploring the different pools and little waterfalls. As we were leaving, I couldn't believe how many people were coming down the trail.

We skipped the Champagne reef since we have been there before and my DD needed a nap. We were dropped off at the ship at 1:30. The snorkelers were returned to the ship before 3.

We really had a great day. The guides were friendly and informative. You can really tell that they love what they do. You can't go wrong with Bumpiing tours, IMO. Good luck!

Thank you for your input too. A question off subject a bit: since you just got back, can you tell me what time you had to be back on the ship each day. Is it 1/2 hour or 1 hour before sail-away. THanks a bunch. Hope your adjustment back home is going well. I always hate it when I first get back.:(

Thank you for your input too. A question off subject a bit: since you just got back' date=' can you tell me what time you had to be back on the ship each day. Is it 1/2 hour or 1 hour before sail-away. THanks a bunch. Hope your adjustment back home is going well. I always hate it when I first get back.:([/quote']

I believe that in Dominica, we left at 5 pm. We had to be on board at 4:30. It is 1/2 hour ahead of sail-away in all ports. It was 4 or 4:30 in all ports for the Serenade. I am suffering greatly in this 20 degree weather, but thanks for asking:p. I currently have post-cruise-depression, or PCD.:(

I believe that in Dominica, we left at 5 pm. We had to be on board at 4:30. It is 1/2 hour ahead of sail-away in all ports. It was 4 or 4:30 in all ports for the Serenade. I am suffering greatly in this 20 degree weather, but thanks for asking:p. I currently have post-cruise-depression, or PCD.:(

Thanks so much....wish I could send you a little warmth for your PCD, but it isn't any better here either. :( I can totally relate to how your feel. Take care.

I've seen mention made of Bumpiing Tours Roseau Valley Treasures tour. The stops seem to be Trafalgar Falls, Morne Bruce, Ti Tou Gorge, and Champaigne Reef. When I visit their website at http://www.bumpiingtours.com/tours_dominica.html I do not see this tour. It looks like they want you to put together a tour. Is there a place to click to choose a pre-packaged tour or do I need to directly contact them?

Thank you.

I just e-mailed Levi today for my trip there in February! I mentioned that I was a cruise ship passenger so my time frame for tours was very important and that I was specifically looking for a waterfall plus snorkeling tour. I inquired about what tours would be offered that day and the pricing of those tours. He e-mailed me back within 2 hours with very detailed information about both of the "wet" tours, all options, time frames etc. He can do custom tours but did mention that those would be more expensive.

Hope that helps! His tours sound fabulous and I look forward to our trip :-)

Just went with Bumpiingtours last week. Levi put together a custom tour for us based on our wishes (mostly snorkeling at Champagne Reef, but a few other spots as well). There were 6 of us, and we paid $67 each to keep the tour private. It was an awesome day...Garry was our tour guide.

I've seen mention made of Bumpiing Tours Roseau Valley Treasures tour. The stops seem to be Trafalgar Falls, Morne Bruce, Ti Tou Gorge, and Champaigne Reef. When I visit their website at http://www.bumpiingtours.com/tours_dominica.html I do not see this tour. It looks like they want you to put together a tour. Is there a place to click to choose a pre-packaged tour or do I need to directly contact them?

Thank you.

http://www.bumpiingtours.com/cruise-ship-visitors.html

Scroll down and it is the first tour on the right....along with all the other tours that he does listed. He will work with you though to see what you want. (BTW it is under the "cruise ship visitor" tab.

Archived