Horseback Ride & Swim via Carnival

Jenn5136

use same company.Took small van to far side of island,,,rode horses slowly,not trotting.,,along beach,island,,etc.Then got off horses and rode them in waist deep water for awhile.Place to shower and change after.

He enjoyed it,,even in the rain..you can go to google or you tube and see more details and get better idea.;)

• 1 month later...

It is an awesome experience. Gentle horses. Follow each other. You mount and dismount from a platform. You ride for about 30 min around the beach and then get off so they can change saddles, you put on waist life vest. then you all go swimming with you on their backs!

They LOVE to swim. Take your personal camera along. A guy will take your picture for you!!

We paid $99 each and were on a New Years holiday cruise 2012. Once in a life time experience.( I wore water shoes) Recommend some type of foot wear. (not flip flops). Sunscreen

Get wet from the waist down. very nice guys, they want you to have a good time, and we DID!

• 3 weeks later...
It is an awesome experience. Gentle horses. Follow each other. You mount and dismount from a platform. You ride for about 30 min around the beach and then get off so they can change saddles, you put on waist life vest. then you all go swimming with you on their backs!

They LOVE to swim. Take your personal camera along. A guy will take your picture for you!!

We paid $99 each and were on a New Years holiday cruise 2012. Once in a life time experience.( I wore water shoes) Recommend some type of foot wear. (not flip flops). Sunscreen

Get wet from the waist down. very nice guys, they want you to have a good time, and we DID!

Thank you so much! So no flip flops? Hmm.....what about clothes wise? Did you wear long pants/jeans?

my mom and i did it last april through carnival. great excursion even if you have never been on a horse they all make it easy using platform to mount and walking the horses in a corral to be sure everyone had the hang of it. they walk the horses along a scenic trail overlooking the beach and give plenty of photo ops and took great photos of us on the horses the we went back to the corral while they switched to water pads and we took of anything u dont want wet. the horses moved pretty quickly in the water jogging back and forth. i wore capris even in the water got a little wet to the knees but not much and you will need water shoes for this one hope you have a great time

Perfect timing - I came to this board looking for information on this excursion :) Did you take a back pack or anything with extra clothes, camera, etc? Is there a place to keep that stuff when you are riding? Thanks!!

Perfect timing - I came to this board looking for information on this excursion :) Did you take a back pack or anything with extra clothes, camera, etc? Is there a place to keep that stuff when you are riding? Thanks!!

YEs, this. What do you do with your stuff while your on the horses?

my mom and i did it last april through carnival. great excursion even if you have never been on a horse they all make it easy using platform to mount and walking the horses in a corral to be sure everyone had the hang of it. they walk the horses along a scenic trail overlooking the beach and give plenty of photo ops and took great photos of us on the horses the we went back to the corral while they switched to water pads and we took of anything u dont want wet. the horses moved pretty quickly in the water jogging back and forth. i wore capris even in the water got a little wet to the knees but not much and you will need water shoes for this one hope you have a great time

Perfect! Thank you so much for the information. This is exactly what I was looking for. Capri's will be perfect, I am so excited! :) :)

I did this about a year ago, but booked on my own, not through a cruise line (we saved alot of money that way). My DH and I loved it!! It was just the 2 of us, although we did not book it as a private tour. I wore swim shorts and a tank top and he wore a bathing suit and a t-shirt. It really was a cool experience. When we stopped to get all set up to go into the water we just put our stuff down on the beach, our guide said it would be safe and it was. We absolutely loved it!!

• 3 weeks later...
I did this about a year ago, but booked on my own, not through a cruise line (we saved alot of money that way). My DH and I loved it!! It was just the 2 of us, although we did not book it as a private tour. I wore swim shorts and a tank top and he wore a bathing suit and a t-shirt. It really was a cool experience. When we stopped to get all set up to go into the water we just put our stuff down on the beach, our guide said it would be safe and it was. We absolutely loved it!!

who did you book this tour through? thanks

I booked it online through Sunset Rides and Tours. I must warn you that at first we were VERY nervous as we had to meet our guide outside the gates of the terminal and he showed up in a truck with one other guy with no signs or anything. My husband is very skeptical and was very close to cancelling the whole thing. We got in the truck and drove to a very run down looking stable (can't really even call it a stable but..0 and got on our horses there. We did ride along the street for quite some time but the time on the beach was worth is all.

In the long run, we loved it and it was about half of what it would have cost going through the cruise line. The guide was super friendly, the owner of the company was super friendly, and no money was collected until the end. Just don't go in expecting an elaborate organization, this was very rustic. I would certainly use them again

Here is a link

http://sunsetridesandtours.com/

• 2 weeks later...

We did the horseback ride and swim booked through Princess cruises a couple of weeks ago. IT WAS FANTASTIC !!!

Ditto to everything others have said.

There was a place to shower off (outside ) but no place to change. I wore bathing trunks and gayle wore shorts over a bathing suit. Got wet up to our waist but dried out by the time we got back to the dock.

Wear water shoes NOT flip-flops.

You can leave your "stuff" on the benches in the cabana where you wait for your turn (no security ). We minimized our valuables and put them in plastic-zip lock bags in our pockets and they were fine.

There were 16 on our tour. All went on the trail ride at the same time but only six at a time for the ride in the surf. Ages ranged from 65 (me) to kids maybe 8 or 9 years old.

The tour operator for our tour was http://www.chukkacaribbean.com/TurksandCaicos/horseback.php

This was the highlight tour of our cruise! We'll go back to Grand Turk just to do this again!!!

WVBill

We did the horseback ride and swim booked through Princess cruises a couple of weeks ago. IT WAS FANTASTIC !!!

Ditto to everything others have said.

There was a place to shower off (outside ) but no place to change. I wore bathing trunks and gayle wore shorts over a bathing suit. Got wet up to our waist but dried out by the time we got back to the dock.

Wear water shoes NOT flip-flops.

You can leave your "stuff" on the benches in the cabana where you wait for your turn (no security ). We minimized our valuables and put them in plastic-zip lock bags in our pockets and they were fine.

There were 16 on our tour. All went on the trail ride at the same time but only six at a time for the ride in the surf. Ages ranged from 65 (me) to kids maybe 8 or 9 years old.

The tour operator for our tour was http://www.chukkacaribbean.com/TurksandCaicos/horseback.php

This was the highlight tour of our cruise! We'll go back to Grand Turk just to do this again!!!

WVBill

Thanks so much for the feedback and the info! We are 9 days out and so excited! I did pick up some water shoes for the DH and I. So excited!!!

Archived