Luggage question saving money

I have a really nice 25 inch roll on suitcase that has been used maybe five times the expandable zipper broke but main zipper works fine. I called 4 different luggage repair they said it cant be fixed. Would you still use it to fly and on cruise line? I really don't want to spend the extra money I just bought a new carry on !!!

yes the suitcase zipper is broken and the bag is expanded looks kinda tacky but still functions it is the bag I want to check on airline! I'm more worried about looks then the function thanks for feedback I think i'll save money and use it.

yes the suitcase zipper is broken and the bag is expanded looks kinda tacky but still functions it is the bag I want to check on airline! I'm more worried about looks then the function thanks for feedback I think i'll save money and use it.

• 2 months later...

Two suggestions.

For repair, check your local shoe repair shop. Our local shoemaker repaired mine.

Second, if you don't need the expansion and things are rolling around inside, invest in luggage straps. They are not expensive and will not only keep the expansion part from expanding :D, but will also help you spot your suitcase easier.

I know a guy so cheap, he'd pack a roll of duct tape and use another to "close" his luggage up because the zipper broke and he didn't want to pay to fix it or to buy a new bag. Did this for years but then TSA kept opening his bag.

The last straw was his bag coming off the belt but contents were gone and never were to be recovered.

They forced his hand...but he had a good run. :D

Edited by phlydude