Royal Choice Dining Package - Radiance

Hi, This may have been discussed but I couldn't find it doing a quick search. And note this isn't a big deal, just curious. Below is copied from Royal Caribbean Website. The 4 restaurants on Radiance are Chops ($30), Giovannis ($20), Samba ($30) and Izumi ($10) so the total if paid individually is $90. The price online for me to reserve today is $75. The savings is not 20%; it is close to 17%. As I said just curious about the "false" advertising. Is this common for Royal, am I doing my math wrong, is there a price wrong somewhere, etc.? Thanks

The package gives you the opportunity to dine at several fine restaurants for one discounted price. You'll save at least 20% off the cost of booking the restaurants individually. That's sizable savings for delicious fare from tantalizing steaks to fresh seafood, family-style pastas, and an array of decadent desserts

That may be right. I thought I read where someone else paid $55 pp for Chops, Giovanni's, and Izumi on the Grandeur, but this was purchased when they boarded so maybe bigger discount for pre-booking. I was thinking of buying package as I want to go to Chops and Giovanni's, but my wife wants to go to Izumi.

Hi, This may have been discussed but I couldn't find it doing a quick search. And note this isn't a big deal, just curious. Below is copied from Royal Caribbean Website. The 4 restaurants on Radiance are Chops ($30), Giovannis ($20), Samba ($30) and Izumi ($10) so the total if paid individually is $90. The price online for me to reserve today is $75. The savings is not 20%; it is close to 17%. As I said just curious about the "false" advertising. Is this common for Royal, am I doing my math wrong, is there a price wrong somewhere, etc.? Thanks

The package gives you the opportunity to dine at several fine restaurants for one discounted price. You'll save at least 20% off the cost of booking the restaurants individually. That's sizable savings for delicious fare from tantalizing steaks to fresh seafood, family-style pastas, and an array of decadent desserts

I don't know the answer to your question but it is a big deal if a company misleads guests/customers.

Me being pedantic about this sort of thing would make sure I got the extra 3% when paying my final bill so that the company gets a signal from me as a consumer that it can't mislead me or rip me off.

:-)

Hi there!

We recently paid $55 for the Dining Package on Rhapsody (12-night cruise) for the 3 specialty restaurants and I'm nearly sure that Izumi is priced at $20 for dinner normally.

We are also considering the $75 Dining Package on Radiance (16-night cruise) for the 4 specialty restaurants but will wait until we board this time as we want to use our OBC rather than pay prior to boarding with our credit card.

We thought the Dining Package was great value as the food & service was first-rate and would be beyond our budget if on land.

Enjoy - Gae

Hi there!

We recently paid $55 for the Dining Package on Rhapsody (12-night cruise) for the 3 specialty restaurants and I'm nearly sure that Izumi is priced at $20 for dinner normally.

We are also considering the $75 Dining Package on Radiance (16-night cruise) for the 4 specialty restaurants but will wait until we board this time as we want to use our OBC rather than pay prior to boarding with our credit card.

We thought the Dining Package was great value as the food & service was first-rate and would be beyond our budget if on land.

Enjoy - Gae

Izumi is priced per item, with a $5 cover charge at dinner. I believe that the dining package gives a $20 credit at Izumi.

So on Brilliance of the Seas, if I chose this package, would it be for Chops, Izumi and Giovanni's Table? Is there a Samba Grill on the newly refurbished Brilliance, does anyone know? It seems for $55 per person for three restaurants is about 20% off?

Thanks!

Debbie

So on Brilliance of the Seas, if I chose this package, would it be for Chops, Izumi and Giovanni's Table? Is there a Samba Grill on the newly refurbished Brilliance, does anyone know? It seems for $55 per person for three restaurants is about 20% off?

Thanks!

Debbie

No Samba Grill on Brilliance

I thought that special was for the five Specialty Restaurants on the Radiance. Chops Grille, Giovanni's ,Izumi,Samba Grill and Rita's Cantina. If you don't get to dine at Rita's as well you are right and you are not going to save 20%.I will have to check again before I book my specialty dining for my next cruise.

Thanks!

Debbie

I believe the only extra cost specialty restaurants on Brilliance are Chef's Table, Giovanni's, Izumi, and Rita's Cantina. No Chops.

I thought that special was for the five Specialty Restaurants on the Radiance. Chops Grille, Giovanni's ,Izumi,Samba Grill and Rita's Cantina. If you don't get to dine at Rita's as well you are right and you are not going to save 20%.I will have to check again before I book my specialty dining for my next cruise.

On my booking page, there are only the four listed, for Radiance. And in response to someone else it's $10 for dinner at Izumi,according to the booking page. And no where does it say you get a credit at Izumi, I figure you still pay for what you eat. I was hoping someone had done the package before but so far no one who has, has responded.

I think there is definitely a Chops on Brilliance; or at least hopefully since I just paid for the 3 restaurant package and made the reservation at Chops online this am! :)

I think I paid $55 for Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi.

Thanks,

Debbie

I think there is definitely a Chops on Brilliance; or at least hopefully since I just paid for the 3 restaurant package and made the reservation at Chops online this am! :)

I think I paid $55 for Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi.

Thanks,

Debbie

You are correct, my mistake.:o I was reading what was new and forgot that Chops has been on Brilliance since the beginning.

On my booking page, there are only the four listed, for Radiance. And in response to someone else it's $10 for dinner at Izumi,according to the booking page. And no where does it say you get a credit at Izumi, I figure you still pay for what you eat. I was hoping someone had done the package before but so far no one who has, has responded.

I did the 3 restaurant package on Grandeur and you select items alacarte at Izumi that equalled either $15 or $20. I really forget which but I had a wonderful meal including a dessert!

Archived