Back from the Gem: Any questions?

Tralfie

Just spent a splendiferous seven days on the Gem in an aft-facing balcony. Had the drink package, the meal package... and had a beyond-fantastic time. I'm working on a review, but in the meantime, if anyone has questions, feel free to throw them my way!

Richard/Tralfie

Welcome home.

Did the ship make it to GSC?

Looking forward to your review.

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

We DID make it to GSC, and it was awesome. Working on the review, although my computer just ate all of Day 1's review. Sigh.

Richard/Tralfie

Just spent a splendiferous seven days on the Gem in an aft-facing balcony. Had the drink package, the meal package... and had a beyond-fantastic time. I'm working on a review, but in the meantime, if anyone has questions, feel free to throw them my way!

Richard/Tralfie

Welcome back Richard the Gem as you know is my favorite ship. I bet GSC was lonely without us lol..glad you had a good trip

Andrea

Andrea: Not only did I think of you and Harold, but you inspired me. I met a great couple, Marc & Francis -- as well as her son, Ethan -- and invited them to spend the day at the cabana with me as my guest. So because of the generosity you showed me, I was inspired to pay it forward!

Toby: The food was fantastic. I ate all my dinners in the specialty restaurants, as I had the dining plan. But I ate most of my lunches at the buffets, and they were great. LOTS of variety, lots of different stuff. It was fun trying stuff I might not ordinarily eat, as well as favorites.

Show-wise, I didn't do many. but I will say this: DO NOT MISS the staff talent show. I don't want to give anything away, but do NOT miss it. The finale will... let's just say I laughed so hard I cried. I also did the Get Down Tonight show, which was basically music from the 70's... lots and lots of fun!

Andrea: Not only did I think of you and Harold, but you inspired me. I met a great couple, Marc & Francis -- as well as her son, Ethan -- and invited them to spend the day at the cabana with me as my guest. So because of the generosity you showed me, I was inspired to pay it forward!

Toby: The food was fantastic. I ate all my dinners in the specialty restaurants, as I had the dining plan. But I ate most of my lunches at the buffets, and they were great. LOTS of variety, lots of different stuff. It was fun trying stuff I might not ordinarily eat, as well as favorites.

Show-wise, I didn't do many. but I will say this: DO NOT MISS the staff talent show. I don't want to give anything away, but do NOT miss it. The finale will... let's just say I laughed so hard I cried. I also did the Get Down Tonight show, which was basically music from the 70's... lots and lots of fun!

I haven't been on the Gem, but I go watch the staff talent show on the other ships I cruised on. Many times, the crew is more entertaining than some of those in the stage shows. Maybe NCL should offer some of them spots in the stage shows.

Also, the Passenger talent shows are very good.

I can confirm that TRAFFIE did take my poor lost family into his super cool cabana. He also ordered awsome food for us and not only served it, but babysat our child so that we could enjoy a little adult time.

TRAFFIE

You are simply a Gem of a guy. Ethan is still asking us when he can hang out with you again. Thanks for everything that you did. Spending time with you was the highlight of our trip. We are booking next week for the same cruise next year and we will pay it forward to another couple.

Andrea, we don't know you but thanks for starting the tradition.

We were lucky emough to meet Andrea and Harold in June of 2012 thanks to CC. At that time the cabanas were literally brand new and they had us as guests for the day at thiers. We had one of our best cruise days ever with them (except for the sand fleas) and have kept in touch since.

Since then we have had 3 other days in cabanas at GSC. Spltting one with fellow RCers once, guests once (thanks Cherie) or booking one solo. We too have paid it forward inviting people to the cabana the 2 times we weren't guests.

Andrea and Harold you guys rock.:)

We were lucky emough to meet Andrea and Harold in June of 2012 thanks to CC. At that time the cabanas were literally brand new and they had us as guests for the day at thiers. We had one of our best cruise days ever with them (except for the sand fleas) and have kept in touch since.

Since then we have had 3 other days in cabanas at GSC. Spltting one with fellow RCers once, guests once (thanks Cherie) or booking one solo. We too have paid it forward inviting people to the cabana the 2 times we weren't guests.

Andrea and Harold you guys rock.:)

Awww you guys are great! Richard you should meet Patrick and Liz some day!

I can confirm that TRAFFIE did take my poor lost family into his super cool cabana. He also ordered awsome food for us and not only served it, but babysat our child so that we could enjoy a little adult time.

TRAFFIE

You are simply a Gem of a guy. Ethan is still asking us when he can hang out with you again. Thanks for everything that you did. Spending time with you was the highlight of our trip. We are booking next week for the same cruise next year and we will pay it forward to another couple.

Andrea, we don't know you but thanks for starting the tradition.

He is a super guy that Traffie and it is a great tradition I thank you!

Andrea

Oops! I posted this question on your review post and then saw this one. So I'll ask again...Love your review! Can't wait for the rest of it!

Does the ship stay on EST in the Canadian ports or switch to the port time zone? I'm trying to plan for the tides in Saint Johns. The itinerary states we are in port from 10am-6pm, but I didn't know if that was ship's time or port time.

Thank you!

Oops! I posted this question on your review post and then saw this one. So I'll ask again...Love your review! Can't wait for the rest of it!

Does the ship stay on EST in the Canadian ports or switch to the port time zone? I'm trying to plan for the tides in Saint Johns. The itinerary states we are in port from 10am-6pm, but I didn't know if that was ship's time or port time.

Thank you!

Hi

OP sailed to Florida/Bahamas.

Maybe ask on your roll call?

Happy Sailing!!

~Robin

Hi

OP sailed to Florida/Bahamas.

Maybe ask on your roll call?

Happy Sailing!!

~Robin

Oops again! I must be getting so excited for my cruise that I'm not thinking straight! I just assumed it was a fall cruise to New England. Thanks for the heads up!

We are a family traveling over thanksgiving to the Eastern Caribbean. where did you travel? We will have 4 teens - 2 are 17 and 2 are 16. Do you know if there is an all you can eat ice cream station - and is there a 24 hour eating place for the teens?

Also, we have a 3 bedroom and 4 bedroom - 9050's staterooms..any idea how those rooms look?

Do you know the rules on bringing water bottles, soda and wine ONTO the ship? I heard you can bring up to 2 cases of water and soda per person and up to 2 bottles of wine??

We have only sailed once before on Carnival last year at the same time and LOVED it! Hoping the kids love this one as well.

Thanks.