Blu restaurant

markf

I understand that Aqua guests are given priority to dine at Blu.

What are the chances of a Concierge level room being able to dine at Aqua -for Bkfst and or dinner --Has anyone been succesful.

The reason I did not book Aqua cabin is thatmost of them are just below the Pool deck and I didnt want the noise distraction.

What are the chances of a Concierge level room being able to dine at Aqua -for Bkfst and or dinner --Has anyone been succesful.

The reason I did not book Aqua cabin is thatmost of them are just below the Pool deck and I didnt want the noise distraction.

Welcome to the Celebrity boards.

No Aqua class = no BLU, with possible exception of suite passengers willing to pay a $5 fee. Concierge class is meaningless as far as access to BLU.

Absolutely nil chance. Blu is for AQ and for suites (if there is space). No one else. Sorry.....

The wording for Blu is really poor where it states they get priority. It actually should say that Blu is the assigned restaurant for AQ patrons. As others have said you cannot eat in Blu if you are in a Concierge cabin and they are extremely strict about it.

Just came off the Silhouette yesterday and stayed in AQ. We dined at Blu every night! It was amazing not to mention the staff who were top notch. Everyone including Erlich, Mohammed, Beliz and Ana who were the best! Everyone in Blu is courteous and accommodating . We did hear people in front of us ask if their friends that they are traveling with could eat there. NO. No way, no how. You must be a Aqua Class passenger to eat there. Friends were in a suite and tried to eat there twice. They did eat there but had to wait until there was a table.

Happy Sailing.

One of the regular posters on here has been in a suite 3 times, but only been able to eat in Blu on one of the cruises.

On our last cruise, 124 of the 130 cabin pax were dining in Blu, and it was VERY busy 7pm to 8pm. You might be lucky if you try early, I would see the maitre'd as soon as possible.

We don't book a suite, as we want to dine in Blu as a certainty.

Richard

We were booked in AQ, but took the opportunity to upgrade to a suite, but still want to eat in Blu. What would be the best time to try to get a table? We usually eat early, about 6. Will that work? Thanks

Your best bet is to try early or late during the dinner service. Hopefully you are able to get in; it seems to vary quite a bit from sailing-to-sailing how easy/difficult it is for suite guests to have dinner in Blu. For breakfast though I have yet to hear of a single case of a suite guest being turned down - so at least that should be a near sure thing.

We have always been able to get a seat at Blu when we book a suite. Key is you will have to take what they have. First forget the first day cause it's always a mad house. Really early or late works best but be flexible. Talk to the maiterd a day ahead of when you want to go letting him know you'll take any time. If you ask nice they will make it happen. Also tip a little extra above the $5 charge and you will be suprised of how easy you get a seat the next night.

UOTE=sunshine nana;33325976]We were booked in AQ, but took the opportunity to upgrade to a suite, but still want to eat in Blu. What would be the best time to try to get a table? We usually eat early, about 6. Will that work? Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I think we'll get there when it opens the first night and ask if we can eat at that time every night. We upgraded because I thought it might be our only chance to have a suite as the price dropped below what we have paid for a mini on Princess. This is our first time on Celebrity.

Just returned from Silhouette and were in S1 Suite - dined in Blu most nights and never had to wait for a table. We usually turned up between 8.00-8.30. Excellent dining experience and would be well worth the cover charge, however we were not charged the additional $5 on any of our visits. No problems for breakfast either - you can turn up any time up to 9.30am on sea days, 9.00am on port days.

Enjoy!

Since Blu is open seating, how do they seat suite passengers based on the current availability without knowing how many AQ pax may yet arrive and when?

Related to that, if we're dining in a specialty restaurant on a given night, at what point should we let the Blu staff know? Is it okay to stop by and let them know on our way to dinner, or do they ideally need to know earlier in the day?

Thanks.

I was also concerned about the pool above noise. During the day we are out and about, also. At night there are only maybe one or two "pool party" nights...we'll either go to them or accept the noise.

Looking forward to AQ and Blu.

Since Blu is open seating, how do they seat suite passengers based on the current availability without knowing how many AQ pax may yet arrive and when?

Related to that, if we're dining in a specialty restaurant on a given night, at what point should we let the Blu staff know? Is it okay to stop by and let them know on our way to dinner, or do they ideally need to know earlier in the day?

Thanks.

Many people in Blu let the maitre d' know the night before if they will be at a Spec. Rest the next night. That way they will know you won't be there. I've been in Blu on three cruises and on each one they are usually very busy between 6:30 and 8:00. If you arrive around 6 or after 8 you should have no problem as a suite guest....I've only seen one turned away and the restaurant was full that time....

As regards breakfast in Blu for suite guests - on our recent cruise we had absolutely no problem getting seating and there is no charge. We absolutely loved it - great service and great food. Unfortunately we could not do the dinner as our traveling companion had a CC room and they would not allow her to dine with us in Blu, even though it was not really crowded on that particular cruise.

Archived