~ Norwegian Jewel ~ :::Ship Board Embarkment Day Wedding::: ~July 30, 2011~ (Review)

Lipz

I am very detailed orientated and to be honest I know I probably left some stuff out lol. Thank you for taking the time to visit our wedding day, we were VERY pleased and happy that we decided to do it on board a cruise ship. We were VERY VERY VERY excited that it actually became legal here in NY right before our big day. :D

Well, thank you for sharing it. I spent my lunch break reading it on my cell phone. I also walk during my lunch break. I must have looked like a total freak walking around in circles in the parking garage, reading my phone, smiling like a fool and crying.

• 4 weeks later...

I sailed on the Jewel a few weeks after you so I followed your roll call. The wedding was lovely. I saw you considering the Breakaway. I booked the maiden voyage but I'm also thinking about booking to Bermuda Aug/Sep 2013. Again continue to walk in love and respect of each other your joy is apparent to all. Tracey

Edited by mrsbuddha123

Well, thank you for sharing it. I spent my lunch break reading it on my cell phone. I also walk during my lunch break. I must have looked like a total freak walking around in circles in the parking garage, reading my phone, smiling like a fool and crying.

I'm just seeing this and how sweet. I'm so glad you didn't trip or anything as I know I couldn't read, walk and cry at the same time!

What a lovely story...and a great review! Your pics are wonderful.

Here's hoping more laws change to allow the union of people in love everywhere!! :)

Congratulations!

That's what it's about LOVE!... thank you so much.

Lipz - So glad your ceremony was smashing (for the most part). You've given me hope one day of having a ceremony at sea. Now for the finding Mr. Right part! Glad you enjoyed the Norwegian Jewel and are considering a return voyage on NCL's Breakaway. :)

I will admit that if you are a control freak a cruise ship wedding will be a difficult pill to swallow. Although you can personalize it to some degree, the cruise line is not just waiting by the phone or email to answer questions at any given moment and calm your fears. You have to really lay down some 'trust' and in the end NCL was very trust worthy!

The Breakaway is already calling me, even though the name just sounds ugh! lol

Thank you for posting. Your story and photos made me cry. All the best to both of you.

As long as they were happy tears! :)

I sailed on the Jewel a few weeks after you so I followed your roll call. The wedding was lovely. I saw you considering the Breakaway. I booked the maiden voyage but I'm also thinking about booking to Bermuda Aug/Sep 2013. Again continue to walk in love and respect of each other your joy is apparent to all. Tracey

Thank you!

We are looking into the Breakaway for the July 28, 2013 sailing. It would be a nice way to celebrate what will be our 2nd wedding anniversary that July 30th. I'm already excited!

• 1 month later...
Beautiful wedding ceremony. Thanks for sharing your pictures and your story.

Thank you so much.

We still can't believe we are not only married but had our wedding on a cruise ship. I would do it all over again but this time save longer so we could invite more people!

Lipz~ I love reading your review. You have brought me to tears (happy ones). I am doing my vow renewal on Norwegian's Boston to Bermuda in July 2014 for our 20th. I will be all over the photographer making sure he is there. hehe I am so glad to hear that NCL was trust worthy and the # of As they got in your revew was very reassuring. We did not have a real "wedding" due to my husband's military commitments so this is our ceremony. I have been nervous about putting things in NCLs hands but I am more relaxed after reading your review. I wish you and your wife many happy years of wedded bliss. You make such a beautiful couple.

Lipz~ I love reading your review. You have brought me to tears (happy ones). I am doing my vow renewal on Norwegian's Boston to Bermuda in July 2014 for our 20th. I will be all over the photographer making sure he is there. hehe I am so glad to hear that NCL was trust worthy and the # of As they got in your revew was very reassuring. We did not have a real "wedding" due to my husband's military commitments so this is our ceremony. I have been nervous about putting things in NCLs hands but I am more relaxed after reading your review. I wish you and your wife many happy years of wedded bliss. You make such a beautiful couple.

Awww thank you!

I really don't think you will be disappointed.

We were happy with everything NCL did for us so I am just looking at the late photographer as being some sort of mishap and not a regular occurrence. Have fun with your planning!

• 2 months later...
You both looked so beautiful and I feel so blessed with all your detail that I can feel your love for each other! Your gifts to each other were a nice touch!

Thanks again for all the information and pictures!! :)

Awww, thank you!

We are 12 years together and marriage was just the icing on the cake! :D

• 3 months later...

DONE!!!!!!!!! That was Wonderful.. Congrats to you both, and may GOD bless you with many many more years of Happiness..

The Gifts, the Review, the Pic it was all so Very nice.. And done just for you two..

DONE!!!!!!!!! That was Wonderful.. Congrats to you both, and may GOD bless you with many many more years of Happiness..

The Gifts, the Review, the Pic it was all so Very nice.. And done just for you two..

Thank you!

In the end you have to make sure your wedding is about you, as a couple. You will not be able to please everyone any way so why try to make it about the guest. Have the wedding of your dreams, and let everything else do what it do. Life is to short to worry about the small things.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you!

In the end you have to make sure your wedding is about you, as a couple. You will not be able to please everyone any way so why try to make it about the guest. Have the wedding of your dreams, and let everything else do what it do. Life is to short to worry about the small things.

SO very true..

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

THANK YOU for posting this review! I am currently in the processing of planning my Wedding on the 4/20/2014 sailing of the NCL Dawn! We currently already have 68 people with deposits down and expect it to level out at bout 75. Since NCL considers it "Symbolic" and it's currently not legal for us in IL, we are planning to do our ceremony on the first at sea.

I enjoyed reading the ups and downs of the experience. Did you find that NCL Wedding planner/Coordinator was worth the money? The wedding package prices are very $$ and vary tailored to a "legal" wedding. Not sure I need all that comes with the $$.

Also, did you sail with a group at a group rate? We have also been considering using our Amenity points (that you receive when booking a group cruise) to supplement the festivities, and I am curious if you did that as well?

I am full of questions :)

Thanks,

Waylon :D

THANK YOU for posting this review! I am currently in the processing of planning my Wedding on the 4/20/2014 sailing of the NCL Dawn! We currently already have 68 people with deposits down and expect it to level out at bout 75. Since NCL considers it "Symbolic" and it's currently not legal for us in IL, we are planning to do our ceremony on the first at sea.

I enjoyed reading the ups and downs of the experience. Did you find that NCL Wedding planner/Coordinator was worth the money? The wedding package prices are very $$ and vary tailored to a "legal" wedding. Not sure I need all that comes with the $$.

Also, did you sail with a group at a group rate? We have also been considering using our Amenity points (that you receive when booking a group cruise) to supplement the festivities, and I am curious if you did that as well?

Thanks,

I'm not the OP, but I had a wedding on the Dawn last year and it was fabulous! We had a much smaller group than you do, but we did book our cabins as a group and used amenity points to have a private cocktail party for our guests on the last sea day. It was a great way to wrap up the trip. I'm sure you'll love it :)

Thanks,

Hi Waylon...

Thanks for reading my review and congratulations on your engagement and now wedding planning.

I will tell you that getting married on board the Norwegian Jewel was the BEST wedding we could have had for us. The only thing better would have been if we could have afforded to invite EVERYONE we knew. We are fortunate in that we have a lot of love and support from family and friends.

Although we had about 50 guest, only 12 sailed with us. We did not have the 8 cabins needed for a group booking however, we had enough amenities points that we were about to give a cookie plate to each cabin, $50 onboard credit to each cabin and a 1 hour complimentary cocktail party. Although you want to use the cocktail party as part of your wedding festivities, be mindful that the cruise line sets the date, time and location and more than likely it will not be right after your on board wedding. However, like with anything you won't know until you ask so feel free to do so.

Although we were married 2011, we booked the wedding in 2010. This worked out well for us as they were still using 'The Wedding Experience' as their wedding company and we feel under the old prices since pricing went up in 2011. We had 2 coordinators from them and to be honest only one was really doing the work. They also provided an officiant in case your own doesn't show up. This person manages the coordinators as well. The money you pay for this service is crazy considering what little they do, but the cruise line is in business to make money so whether symbolic or not, you will have to pay for it.

To be honest, even with all the nickel and diming they do....it's STILL cheaper than a typical wedding, well at least here in NYC it is. Plus, the joy of having a unique wedding and then continuing the party for a week is so worth it!

By the way, after today's good news...my finger are crossed for ILLINOIS!!

Please feel free to ask all the questions you like. I still use Cruise Critic on a regular basis and will reply.

Dana

Thanks,

Waylon

Congratulations! We are also a gay couple who are getting married on NCL in 2014. Here is a link to our online invitation http://robertralphbreakawayweddingcruise2014.us/ . There is still a lot to decide and finalize.

Dana and Sharine have been so helpful with their thorough review and insight. Just look at their pictures...beautiful! We are VERY fortunate to be sailing with them on the NCL Breakaway in May.

Congratulations again!

Robert (and Ralph)

Waylon

Congratulations! We are also a gay couple who are getting married on NCL in 2014. Here is a link to our online invitation http://robertralphbreakawayweddingcruise2014.us/ . There is still a lot to decide and finalize.

Dana and Sharine have been so helpful with their thorough review and insight. Just look at their pictures...beautiful! We are VERY fortunate to be sailing with them on the NCL Breakaway in May.

Congratulations again!

Robert (and Ralph)

Thanks Robert.

I am so glad that our information has been so helpful to you guys. I hope you two have a wonderful experience just as we did and I look forward to your own review and photos.

Well thank you for the responses! They have been very helpful! Great website...here is ours in case you would like to see it http://waylonwerner.wix.com/wbwedding#!home/mainPage

Love, love, love it!!!

Your website is so appealing to the eye, simple and fun.

You guys are also just to cute.

We've never sailed that itinerary (have been to Cozumel though) and may have to stow away for your wedding week!!!

Waylon

Congratulations again!

Robert (and Ralph)

Hey Robert....

I just looked through your site and I swear my wedding planning came flooding back to me, especially since we were also wed on an NCL ship. Heck, if we love the Breakaway in 76 days, we may have to book your wedding week and CRASH!!! :D

Dana