Reaching Elite during Cruise and already enjoying benefits?

jr_ewing_dallas_texas

Hi, after the new Captains Club introduction my wife and I are finally about to climb up to Elite Level on our next cruise. Would Celebrity allow us to already enjoy the Elite benefits on that cruise where we reach the new level? Thanks for any x-perienses or thoughts.

JR

No. Not on your next cruise which (as I understand you) is the one that'll give you the points to make you Elite. The points only are awarded AFTER the cruise is completed.

Sadly no...

And I can relate as we too come up shy as we turn Select...

In our case it truly hurts... As the saying goes:

"A day late & dollar short"

Unfortunately we are one of the folks where the NEW Captain's Club points system did not fare us well... (under the old system it would have taken us just 2 cruises to get to 4 points... This way takes us 5 to get to the required 150 points)

Oh well... Just a first world problem... We will continue to cruise, and hopefully the next 150 pts to become Elite (300 points) will be easier

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I think but am not sure that if you are in the real high price suites you are given the Elite benefits for that cruise.

Personally unless one of those suites was something that I really wanted I wouldn't pay for it just for those benefits. Since I have been in the Eltie level I have always had the drink pack due to one of the promos so the happy hour isn't really a benefit. I have always sailed in AQ so we don't use the morning breakfast break, the internet minutes are nice but I am not one that needs to be connected while away, if there is a emergency there is nothing that I can do and I don't want to know about it either. Useless to ruin a cruise when something is beyond my control, and thru my own experiences many time trying to expidite or change travel arrangements is usually no faster than the original plans, and besides costing extra may end up being a nightmare.

So for me being Elite is nothing special and I will soon be Elite Plus. Don't think that will really make a difference either as I have been booking my cruises on board and now they give the drink pack by doing so, and for the few times we sail a year we will spend the extra to be in AQ.

Don't feel as if you are missing anything. On the plus you will book another cruise sooner because you want to experience being Elite.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Not possible to "reach elite during cruise" and it will take at least ten days after the cruise to see the change in tier level

You earn the points as soon as you complete the cruise. If you earn the necessary points after the first part of a B2B you will receive the benefits at the start of the second cruise.

Hi, after the new Captains Club introduction my wife and I are finally about to climb up to Elite Level on our next cruise. Would Celebrity allow us to already enjoy the Elite benefits on that cruise where we reach the new level? Thanks for any x-perienses or thoughts.

JR

Technically, you don't reach the level until after the cruise, not during. Same with every cruise line. Nice try.

After our Infinity cruise next December we will reach Elite. We have a cruise 6 days later on the Oasis. Do you think there will be time for us to become diamond in the crown and anchor? They are equivalent levels.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on iPhone

After our Infinity cruise next December we will reach Elite. We have a cruise 6 days later on the Oasis. Do you think there will be time for us to become diamond in the crown and anchor? They are equivalent levels.

You just need to make a call to have it arranged :)

I've heard of people in similar situations all on Celebrity, including b2b cruises, talking to the Captain's Club host in such situations and being taken care of. I'd imagine you could do the same but it might involve talking to the Captain's club host on your first cruse, and the RCL equivalent on the second cruise, to ask about this as the normal system probably doesn't update that quickly.

You may be invited to the Captains table in recognition of reaching Elite status at the end of the cruise - but this is not a given

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would be highly unlikely for anyone to be invited to the Captain's Table to recognize making Elite. There just wouldn't be enough seats to do that. Making Zenith would be another thing. A new Zenith would not only be invited to the Captain's Table, but have a special dinner in their honor as well.

Making Zenith would be another thing. A new Zenith would not only be invited to the Captain's Table, but have a special dinner in their honor as well.

So, is that the surprise yoou were talking about? ;)

So, is that the surprise yoou were talking about? ;)

What a memory :) On the cruise whereat the end I earned the Zenith level the Captain invited us and a Zenith couple to a dinner with him and Senior Officers in Tuscan Grille. The Captain on Reflection hosted a dinner for my DW and I in the wine room in Murano. A special menu was prepared. Might find slightly different approaches on different ships.

What a memory :) On the cruise whereat the end I earned the Zenith level the Captain invited us and a Zenith couple to a dinner with him and Senior Officers in Tuscan Grille. The Captain on Reflection hosted a dinner for my DW and I in the wine room in Murano. A special menu was prepared. Might find slightly different approaches on different ships.

Yep, I usually have a good memory. And congratulations, that must have been very nice.

You may be invited to the Captains table in recognition of reaching Elite status at the end of the cruise - but this is not a given

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is something you may wish to talk to the Captain Clubs host about or the MDR manager. They are the ones who decide who get invited.

We have found in the past, just getting to know either may get one an invitation. Let it be know you are interested.

We use to enjoy being invited years ago, not so much recently with the larger ships... we don't feel service and food in the MDR is what it use to be so we skip MDR these days. Regardless being invited to the Captain's table is usually lots of fun if you can't done it before.

This is something you may wish to talk to the Captain Clubs host about or the MDR manager. They are the ones who decide who get invited.

We have found in the past, just getting to know either may get one an invitation. Let it be know you are interested.

We use to enjoy being invited years ago, not so much recently with the larger ships... we don't feel service and food in the MDR is what it use to be so we skip MDR these days. Regardless being invited to the Captain's table is usually lots of fun if you can't done it before.

Just to clarify: There is no "MDR Manager" on Celebrity ships. There is a Restaurant Manager who is responsible for every restaurant. Neither they or any of the Matire 'ds are involved in recommending people for the Captain's Tables. On many ships the Captain's Club Hostess no longer recommends people for the tables. When they are involved they tend to not invite anyone who asks to be invited. Thee have been many threads on this topic so I won't comment further.

Edited by Orator