Question about Blu dinner menus

Treacher1

Looking at menus posted - many nights there are several entrees I would like. Other nights - hard selecting one (sorry - just being honest). Friends of ours were allowed to order from MDR menu if that was the case when they sailed Summit. I would only do this probably 2 nights - but wondering if this was still an option. Thank you for your response!

Another option is when there are several you want, mention that to your server and tell him that the next night you'd like _______. 24 hours notice on that shouldn't be a problem. We've had them bring us entrees like that before, or even half of an entree that we split (so 1/4 entree) as a side.

I think you can get MDR meals there, but not sure. We never did, we always found something we liked, even if it was the salmon or the chicken or the steak which is available nightly.

You have several options:

- you can eat in a specialty restaurant that night (at extra cost)

- you can eat in the MDR select dining that night

- you can eat in the buffet for a change of pace

- you can ask for one (or more) of the appetizers served as a larger size entree

- you can ask the maitre 'd to have something special made for you that night (best to do it in advance earlier in the day)

I think you can get MDR meals there, but not sure. We never did, we always found something we liked, even if it was the salmon or the chicken or the steak which is available nightly.

In 2012, while on the Infinity, we had dinner several nights with another couple. The husband did order entrees from the MDR menu while seated in Blu several times, but I don't recall seeing anyone doing so since that cruise.

Blu also has a menu of things that are always available like a steak, chicken, seafood, or salad dish. They are listed every night on the evening's menu. I have not ordered off this part of the menu so I do not remember exactly what the choices are, but they are available every night in Blu. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Looking at menus posted - many nights there are several entrees I would like. Other nights - hard selecting one (sorry - just being honest). Friends of ours were allowed to order from MDR menu if that was the case when they sailed Summit. I would only do this probably 2 nights - but wondering if this was still an option. Thank you for your response!

I have not seen the dinner menus on Blu. Is there anywhere I can find them?

There are some regular nightly items on the Blu Menu that are pretty good such as steak, chicken, etc. However, there are nights that we don't find anything we like. So we plan on either a specialty restaurant or head to the buffet. The buffet has been having theme nights like German night, Italian night, Mexican night, etc. The food has been really good much to my surprise. Another option.

Don't plan on getting an item from the MDR in Blu as we were not allowed to do so.

Sorry, but while some have reported that they were able to order something on the MDR menu while dining in blu, that is the exception. Most likely, you will not be able to do it. This varies by ship, maitre d' and perhaps the number of sheep in Scotland....there is little consistency.

I would assume that you will not be able to order from the MDR menu if you dine in blu.

Just back from Alaska. We ate in Blu 6 of the 7 nights. Every night I ordered Caesar Salad, French Onion Soup and Escargot all of which are not on the Blu menu. Now when it comes to entrees you cannot order one from the MDR. Which worked out fine every night except the last night. There was just nothing on the Blu menu the wife wanted and she wanted Turkey dinner from the main dining room. When she asked the waiter he said he could not do it only the salads and appetizers. So she ordered something but didn't like it so when the waiter noticed she was not eating he returned with a Turkey dinner from the MDR.

Just back from Alaska. We ate in Blu 6 of the 7 nights. Every night I ordered Caesar Salad, French Onion Soup and Escargot all of which are not on the Blu menu. .

There is a "special menu" listing appetizers that are available in Blu. It has been brought to our attention by our waiter on the first night. It includes items such as French Onion Soup, Escargot, Caesar Salad, Shrimp Cocktail, and a couple of entrees. It is a small one page menu.

We were not allowed to order from the MDR.

Does Blu work the same way as the MDR regarding food allergies or sensitivities? I was recently diagnosed as having a gluten sensitivity and need to eat gluten-free. I know for a MDR the standard thing is to get the menu the night before and make your selections so that your meal is prepared in the safe kitchen and ready. Does Blu work the same way just with its menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Does Blu work the same way as the MDR regarding food allergies or sensitivities? I was recently diagnosed as having a gluten sensitivity and need to eat gluten-free. I know for a MDR the standard thing is to get the menu the night before and make your selections so that your meal is prepared in the safe kitchen and ready. Does Blu work the same way just with its menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, blu works the same way. Talk to the maitre d when you get on board. Celebrity really excels in handling dietary issues.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Did miss the thread before but in case someone searches it... just check my signature for the blu dinner menus. Thought they would change this year but didn't read that it has changed... unfortunately.

On the Solstice a few weeks ago. Kitchen very accommodating. For example wife did not want fish served in filo crust as stated in menu... chef made her a nice grilled fish dinner with steamed vegetables. Also could order from MDR menu. However one night we both looked at each other and said that nothing on the menu appealed to us........I walked across the hall and got a window table at the Tuscan Grille..great meal.

Felt bad to walk out and the hostess and waiters kept saying that they were sorry.

On the Solstice a few weeks ago. Kitchen very accommodating. For example wife did not want fish served in filo crust as stated in menu... chef made her a nice grilled fish dinner with steamed vegetables. Also could order from MDR menu. However one night we both looked at each other and said that nothing on the menu appealed to us........I walked across the hall and got a window table at the Tuscan Grille..great meal.

Felt bad to walk out and the hostess and waiters kept saying that they were sorry.

I always check out the MDR and Blu menus every day. If there's nothing appealing on the Blu menu, I will order an entre from the MDR menu. They let me do that on Silhouette last November.

Did miss the thread before but in case someone searches it... just check my signature for the blu dinner menus. Thought they would change this year but didn't read that it has changed... unfortunately.

The menus in Blu did change this year on the Reflection. There were new items and the menus were also freshly printed and were clean!

We thought there was an improvement in the foods, particularly with the meat dishes.