Wedding reception, oasis of the seas?????

Lkay90

We are getting married may 2014 on royal Caribbean's oasis of the seas.

Anyone recommend where to have a wedding reception, we are thinking of having it in chops grille for around 30 guests, anyone ever done this before?

He had our wedding reception at Chops on Allure this past August. We rented out Chops the night of Day 1 and had 60+ guests. We were told we could do whatever we wanted from 5:30pm - till close. This all took a bit of persistence, but we got the following all done. We had the room arranged how we wanted. We had a projector and screen brought in for a slideshow. We even had a DJ and dance floor put in just for us! The cruise director has become friends of ours and he even said we were the first full out complete wedding he has seen on Allure! The Captain and first officers even stopped by for a bit and took photos with us. Everyone had a blast. Of course the food was excellent. It was funny to see people peek thru the glass to see what exactly was going on inside.

If you want to book Chops you would have to go thru your travel agent or RCCL directly. Royal Romance doesn't handle this type of event. If you do want your wedding cake to be served at the reception you would have to order that thru Royal Romance and tell them to bring it to Chops.

If you have any questions please let me know.

He had our wedding reception at Chops on Allure this past August. We rented out Chops the night of Day 1 and had 60+ guests. We were told we could do whatever we wanted from 5:30pm - till close. This all took a bit of persistence, but we got the following all done. We had the room arranged how we wanted. We had a projector and screen brought in for a slideshow. We even had a DJ and dance floor put in just for us! The cruise director has become friends of ours and he even said we were the first full out complete wedding he has seen on Allure! The Captain and first officers even stopped by for a bit and took photos with us. Everyone had a blast. Of course the food was excellent. It was funny to see people peek thru the glass to see what exactly was going on inside.

If you want to book Chops you would have to go thru your travel agent or RCCL directly. Royal Romance doesn't handle this type of event. If you do want your wedding cake to be served at the reception you would have to order that thru Royal Romance and tell them to bring it to Chops.

WHAT!

This sounds amazing! I have many questions

What was the price per person?

Did people dance?

Did you have open bar or liquor?

Did you book the do thru royal romance?

How do I start the process of ths?

Did u have centre pieces or decorations at the table?

Do you have pictures of this?

Just got so excited!

What was the price per person? It was one flat fee. You can invite as much as you want for the same price. Every ship the buyout price is different. I think for us it was $4k or $5k.

Did people dance? We have out going family and friends so the dance floor was always filled. We even did the traditional first dance, garter/bouquet toss, bride/father dance etc.. It was as much as a regular wedding as it could have been

Did you have open bar or liquor? The don't offer open bar for is so we did foot the bill for all the alcohol. We also did buy 2 wine packages and put bottles on everyone table. We had so much left over we all used it througout the week

Did you book the do thru royal romance?We booked everything except the Chops reception through Royal Romance

How do I start the process of ths? If you want to do your reception at a specialty restaurant you need to book it through your travel agent or RCCL directly

Did u have centre pieces or decorations at the table? We did not have centerpieces, we felt it would be too much of a hassle to worry about bringing all that on the ship. They did place small "candles" all around the tables and used the flower settings they use on a regular night. We had luggage tag favors for everyone and also brought a bunch of party favors (LED light up glasses, flashing rings and pins.

Do you have pictures of this?Here are a few I quickly found

8622428715_37785e1678.jpg

8622428867_1c008280ec.jpg

8622429013_f9cf4d72cc.jpg

Hi!

I have found a great loop hole in the wedding reception! You can book one hour reception with hor de .... and one hour open bar which will give you a two hour reception! i am pretty happy with myself and wanted to tell someone LOL......the price per person is 48 for the full two hours!

Hi!

I have found a great loop hole in the wedding reception! You can book one hour reception with hor de .... and one hour open bar which will give you a two hour reception! i am pretty happy with myself and wanted to tell someone LOL......the price per person is 48 for the full two hours!

that is awesome, Im going to have to go back and look again at it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi!

So cool I will have to remember that

How are royal treating you with all of the preparations as we are looking at booking royal

Love to hear

Thanks

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi just starting to plan my May 2015 wedding during a sea day on the Oasis.

where did you say your vows, any tips....

FYI- the Chapel and Pinnacle Lounge will be removed from the ship when it goes into dry dock in Sept 2014. Just a heads up if you were interested in ether.

Just called today for info and they never mentioned losing the chapel, wasn't decided on it but looking at it. I was hoping for an outdoor ceremony, helipad maybe, but Royal does not do outside weddings:( and they try to keep them early afternoon, I would of liked an evening ceremony....

Just called today for info and they never mentioned losing the chapel, wasn't decided on it but looking at it. I was hoping for an outdoor ceremony, helipad maybe, but Royal does not do outside weddings:( and they try to keep them early afternoon, I would of liked an evening ceremony....

Some at sea weddings are as early as 10:00 am, which is early IMO on a sea day. If I hear any other news I'll post it.