Halloween - Toy gun for costume

YadaYadaJodi

Wondering if we can bring an obvious toy gun onboard as part of a Halloween costume. :confused:

Royal's prohibited items list reads as follows:

Prohibited items:

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.

So since they specifically said "realistic" replicas do you think we'll be okay if it looks like an obvious toy? Thinking about dressing as "War and Peace" - DH in his hunting cammo with a toy gun then me as a hippy with a peace sign.

How about a Grim Reaper's PLASTIC scythe (another costume idea)? With either of these I was thinking of putting them in our carry-on to avoid a trip to the "naughty" room.

Anyone with prior Halloween cruise experience?

Thank you!

Wondering if we can bring an obvious toy gun onboard as part of a Halloween costume. :confused:

Prohibited items:

So since they specifically said "realistic" replicas do you think we'll be okay if it looks like an obvious toy? Thinking about dressing as "War and Peace" - DH in his hunting cammo with a toy gun then me as a hippy with a peace sign.

How about a Grim Reaper's PLASTIC scythe (another costume idea)? With either of these I was thinking of putting them in our carry-on to avoid a trip to the "naughty" room.

Thank you!

I hope your not flying to the port with that kind of stuff in your carry-on! :eek:

The good news is I hear that Halloween parties in local jails are a hoot!;)

I brought a toy sword made of light weight plastic onboard one of our cruise as part of my pirate costume for a Halloween party and had no problem with doing this. I had it in my checked bag and didn't have to go to security to retrieve my bag.

A hollow plastic toy would not show the same on a X-ray screening as a solid metal weapon. Also toy guns have a bright orange tip on their barrel opening to indicate it is a toy.

attachment.php?attachmentid=324778&d=1410364714

attachment.php?attachmentid=324783&d=1410364714

regal8a.jpg.fff89c7dae97a82c0f5241ee1bfb68fe.jpg

DSC09039.jpg.429dec509f4018609b86efb432471288.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

I brought a toy sword made of light weight plastic onboard one of our cruise as part of my pirate costume for a Halloween party and had no problem with doing this. I had it in my checked bag and didn't have to go to security to retrieve my bag.

A hollow plastic toy would not show the same on a X-ray screening as a solid metal weapon. Also toy guns have a bright orange tip on it's barrel opening to indicate it is a toy.

Bad guys know that fake guns often have a bright orange tip and do put fake orange tips on real guns to try and pass them off as fake. Just fyi. I wouldn't carry anything even slightly resembling a real gun (think those clear plastic water guns would prob be fine). But something black and gun shaped... even if they let you on, could cause unease on the ship if you carry it.

Bad guys know that fake guns often have a bright orange tip and do put fake orange tips on real guns to try and pass them off as fake. Just fyi. I wouldn't carry anything even slightly resembling a real gun (think those clear plastic water guns would prob be fine). But something black and gun shaped... even if they let you on, could cause unease on the ship if you carry it.

Is this picture more suitable to you?

I agree any prop should be easily identifiable as a toy and not be realistic replicas, as was the toy sword in the shot above which was worn at a onboard Halloween party which is what the OP wants to do with a obvious toy gun as she stated.

P9100151.jpg.2af8b013dc1b8c8d6bbc70bc49a97a0b.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We dressed as gangsters one year and brought plastic blow up guns and were fine. Nobody said a word to us.

A hollow plastic toy would not show the same on a X-ray screening as a solid metal weapon. Also toy guns have a bright orange tip on their barrel opening to indicate it is a toy.

Thanks for the replies - my DH was wondering. I didn't think you could at all but when Royal put that caveat in their list it made me wonder. Sounds like if we go the War & Peace route we would do better with the blow up guns or perhaps a flat cardboard rendition.

I actually have a completely different idea that I am trying to sell my DH on.

Thanks for the replies!:)

Prohibited items:

Thank you!

Why are you asking this here, no one here controls what's brought aboard. If 10 people said yes would you do it because cc said so? Bring it, and get back to us on how it went, or better yet call the people who call the shots at the port:rolleyes:

We were on the Enchantment 2 weeks ago and we were at Disney before we embarked on the cruise. We had bought my son a Star Wars Gun at Disney and they confiscated it from us at Security at the port.We had to go over to a special table where they took it, gave us a claim slip and at the end of the cruise, when back at port we claimed it back. The toy gun was clearly a toy and in its original packaging too.

I have a brother in law enforcement who indicates that knuckleheads are now painting real gun tips orange, like the replica guns, to disguise the real thing. Not all "orange tip obvious toys", are really toys these days!

why would they do that?

Edited by SeaUs