"All ages" singles cruises: What age groups are there in practice?

LandlockedCruiser01

We all know of two major singles' cruise companies people on here talk about. I'm thinking of trying an actual, hosted singles' cruise with one of them. Both of them have good options, although I do have a preference of one over the other. Like with my first cruise in general, I want to start out with a 4-day, so I'm not stuck for a whole week if it doesn't meet my expectations; that and budgetary reasons.

Anyway, most listings on both web sites are "all ages", although some are "20's and 30's", "40's and over", etc. My real questions is this: while "all ages" cruises are for all ages on paper, what age groups do they have in practice? Are there a lot of people in their 20's and 30's, or is it mostly an older crowd, like, say, at a ballroom dance class? I can get along with everybody, but I do insist on having a group my age (31) to do a bar crawl or go partying in port with. Or does the older crowd age-regress when they come on a singles cruise? :D

For a point of reference, the 4-day cruise I'm considering is all ages, and it's in September. There are Halloween cruises, which is a better time to go, but they're all 7 days, which I'd rather do after I test the waters (no pun intended).

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

It definitely skews towards the older crowd. If you call though they will give you a general breakdown of m/f and how many in your age group as well. If the numbers don't seem in your favor try another sailing or wait until it's closer when they will have more people booked.

I would guess...

20-30=15%

30-40=20%

40-50=30%

50+=35%

Edited by aerospace

We all know of two major singles' cruise companies people on here talk about. I'm thinking of trying an actual, hosted singles' cruise with one of them. Both of them have good options, although I do have a preference of one over the other. Like with my first cruise in general, I want to start out with a 4-day, so I'm not stuck for a whole week if it doesn't meet my expectations; that and budgetary reasons.

Anyway, most listings on both web sites are "all ages", although some are "20's and 30's", "40's and over", etc. My real questions is this: while "all ages" cruises are for all ages on paper, what age groups do they have in practice? Are there a lot of people in their 20's and 30's, or is it mostly an older crowd, like, say, at a ballroom dance class? I can get along with everybody, but I do insist on having a group my age (31) to do a bar crawl or go partying in port with. Or does the older crowd age-regress when they come on a singles cruise? :D

For a point of reference, the 4-day cruise I'm considering is all ages, and it's in September. There are Halloween cruises, which is a better time to go, but they're all 7 days, which I'd rather do after I test the waters (no pun intended).

Seven days are fine, you'll have fun. The next closest age specific sailing is over Halloween and not listed on the site. It's for the 20-40's on the NCL Getaway sailing Oct 25th. Their doing a no single supplement sale right now so you can get a balcony for @ 1200-1400 or a inside for just over $1000. Besides that the next age specific cruises are March and April of next year. The average age of all ages cruises tends to be the late 40's early 50's. If your interested in looking into the Halloween one shoot me a e-mail at atakpajr@hotmail.com. The March 2015 and April 2015 cruises are on each respective companies websites. I've sailed with both so I would also be willing to answer any questions that you might have.

Thanks for the answers so far. On a regular cruise, I wouldn't care, since it's mostly friendly conversations. But since this is a singles' cruise, I'd prefer more people my age. I'm hoping that a short cruise will push the range toward the 20's and 30's end, and because it's in September, it won't have a lot of kids. I suppose calling them wouldn't hurt, so I can find out for sure.

The 7-day cruise is out of my budget, unfortunately, considering the extra costs on top of the original $1000. But I'm at the younger end of the age range on singles' cruises, so it's all good; I still have plenty of time to try one. Either way, I'm open to more ideas and suggestions; keep them coming.

Thanks for the answers so far. On a regular cruise, I wouldn't care, since it's mostly friendly conversations. But since this is a singles' cruise, I'd prefer more people my age. I'm hoping that a short cruise will push the range toward the 20's and 30's end, and because it's in September, it won't have a lot of kids. I suppose calling them wouldn't hurt, so I can find out for sure.

The 7-day cruise is out of my budget, unfortunately, considering the extra costs on top of the original $1000. But I'm at the younger end of the age range on singles' cruises, so it's all good; I still have plenty of time to try one. Either way, I'm open to more ideas and suggestions; keep them coming.

Also keep in mind that the company you are looking at does doe "price matching" where if you find that the cruise price drops before final payment you can get a lower price. You can also use that to target a cruise and see if the price drops to a certain level before calling them to book it. Not sure if your open to roommates either, next year's Carnival Freedom for 20's and 30's starts at $599 for 6 nights if your willing to share an inside. I did that one a year ago as my first cruise ever with that company and I'm thinking of rebooking it next year because its cheaper than last year and I've never been on that ship.

Landlocked, If the cruise you are thinking of is the 25th I am going to try and book the same one. My guess is that will be similar to the labor day cruises in the past and the one I did had plenty of people around the 30 mark. It was the low end of the age bracket but there were several of us. I am 34 and usually have a pretty good time with the older crowd as well. I'm not much of a site see'er I like to lounge around all day, drink and hit the bars when in port and there were plenty of people to do that with. On vacation people to age regress some and let their party spirit out.

• 2 weeks later...