NCL cruise ship terminal in Honolulu - Pier 2

bondscruisegal

How close is the cruise ship terminal (pier 2) to the Aloha Tower Marketplace. I thought they were beside each other, but a google map search shows them over 1/2 mile apart. The address I'm using for pier 2 is 521 Ala Moana Blvd. Maybe I've got the address wrong. Can anyone please help. Thanks.

I have been researching the pier locations myself for our upcoming cruise. This picture from GoogleEarth shows the dock and the Aloha Tower. I have chicken scratched in where pier two and pier eleven are located and I have circled the Aloha Tower. The walk doesn't look very long.

2364508040080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

The walk is not very long and it is an easy walk - my 70ish inlaws made the walk from the Tower to the ship with us. There is also a free trolly that will take you from the ship to the tower and back to the ship.

At the present time, the ship docks right next to the Aloha Tower. That is going to change in the future and it will indeed be a bit of a walk, I don't know how much. I saw the date of the change on the NCL website recently. If you can't find it, let me know and I will try to find it again.

You will find a schedule of ships calling on Honolulu and their pier assignment here.

If I am reading this correctly, Pride of America is already using Pier 2 and Pride of Aloha will be using Pier 11 through the end of April then switching to Pier 2.

DH and I went on PoAM in January. It isn't a very long walk at all. Maybe 10-15 minutes. We got checked in on the ship, had lunch, checked out the cabin, then we got off the ship to go to the Aloha Tower. It worked out great.

You will find a schedule of ships calling on Honolulu and their pier assignment here.

Hmmm, my edocs tell me Pier 2 for my POAl March sailing but this schedule reads Pier 11. My edocs also reads passengers must be on board 1 hr before sailing and no one has contacted me otherwise to that change soooo I wonder which is correct....

i agree with the last poster.. our docs and even the NCL website (taken with a grain of salt) states that pier 11 is where we're docked on POAL in 3 weeks... From what i can tell, it's somewhat of a big difference.. one being at one end of the pier...

oh well, one more thing to resolve!

This won't help, but it's factual

we embarked jan 23rd Pier 2 PO Aloha and disembarked Pier 11 ( Aloha Tower)

we embarked Feb 2nd Po Aloha Pier 11 ( Aloha tower) and disembarked Pier 11

there was other cruise ships at pier 2 both times we docked at the Aloha tower pier 11

this might help

it seemed that every taxi, shuttle, tour operator knows when and where the ships are docked so tell the driver what ship and you should have no problems.

Cheers,

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
The walk is not very long and it is an easy walk - my 70ish inlaws made the walk from the Tower to the ship with us. There is also a free trolly that will take you from the ship to the tower and back to the ship.

Hi TSUmom:

We are thinking of going on the POA Feb. 2012 and are wondering. Is there a modest hotel nearby? We'll fly in from Toronto on Fri, stay overnight at a hotel, and board the ship Sat. Or is the taxi fare reasonable if we stay closer to Waikiki? Thanks for your help!

Westfield Traveler is right - if you have never been to Hawaii you should experience Waikiki. The atmosphere is a great beginning to a wonderful vacation and dinner at Dukes can't be beat in my opinion. A sunset walk along the beach, the street entertainers, the shopping... I could go on and on.... I am really looking forward to returning and only have 16 more months!!! I am not sure about hotels near the pier but I don't remember seeing any. Taxi fare is not too terribly expensive if I remember correctly about $25 from the airport to Waikiki. We have always stayed at the Marriott thru NCL and they provide transportation to the pier. I know it is more expensive but I like to take advantage of the NCL desk and preboardin check in.

• 1 month later...

I checked the hardbor schedule today for our Sept. 2011 cruise and everything for the coming months appears to be pier 2.

If you go to the alohatowers.com website you can find it. At first it seems as though it does not show a pier, but at the bottom it notates that if no pier is shown than it is pier 2.

• 1 month later...
Westfield Traveler is right - if you have never been to Hawaii you should experience Waikiki. The atmosphere is a great beginning to a wonderful vacation and dinner at Dukes can't be beat in my opinion. A sunset walk along the beach, the street entertainers, the shopping... I could go on and on.... I am really looking forward to returning and only have 16 more months!!! I am not sure about hotels near the pier but I don't remember seeing any. Taxi fare is not too terribly expensive if I remember correctly about $25 from the airport to Waikiki. We have always stayed at the Marriott thru NCL and they provide transportation to the pier. I know it is more expensive but I like to take advantage of the NCL desk and preboardin check in.

Hello TSUmom, can you tell me how to reserve the Marriott thru NCL and where is the Marriott located? Thanks!

where is the Marriott located? Thanks!

Can't help you on how to make your reservation through NCL but ...

the Marriott is located in Waikiki right across the street (Kalakaua Avenue) from Kuhio Beach. It is about two/three blocks from the Honolulu Zoo and that stretch of Waikiki Beach is not really obscured as the area three/four blocks west of the Marriott.

You might check Google maps - Kalakaua Avenue and Ohia Avenue.

• 8 months later...

Archived