Questions re: drink package

Valentine Girl

Up to $12 per glass, if higher you pay the difference

I do not think that that is correct. If you purchase a drink or a glass of wine that is more than the $12 you pay the entire amount. That is what we were told on more than one occassion.

I do not think that that is correct. If you purchase a drink or a glass of wine that is more than the $12 you pay the entire amount. That is what we were told on more than one occassion.

With the classic pkg, any drink over your $8.00 limit you pay extra for the whole thing. :(

With the premium pkg, any drink over your $12.00 limit you just pay the difference. :)

That's the reason that makes the premium pkg MUCH more valuable, unless you KNOW that all your favorites are 8 bucks or less. :cool:

Hope you didn't get taken to the cleaners. :confused:

SeaBlu -- when the packages were new, there was a lot of confusion on board about this, but now the policy is pretty well established. As written already, the lower cost package does not allow for paying only the extra when you order a drink above the $ 8 price point. The $12 package does. So if you have the $12 package and order a $15 drink, you will be charged $3. With the lower package, you would be charged the entire $15. If you sail Celebrity again and find anything different from this, contact a Bar Manager immediately to have the mistake corrected.

Does anyone know if the premium drink package includes wine in the specialty restaurants and in Michael's bar?

On Solstice the only specialty restaurant I went over the $12 was in Murano. Most of their wines by the glass are more than $12, but there are a few that are less. I think I ended up paying $3 or $4.

SeaBlu -- when the packages were new, there was a lot of confusion on board about this, but now the policy is pretty well established. As written already, the lower cost package does not allow for paying only the extra when you order a drink above the $ 8 price point. The $12 package does. So if you have the $12 package and order a $15 drink, you will be charged $3. With the lower package, you would be charged the entire $15. If you sail Celebrity again and find anything different from this, contact a Bar Manager immediately to have the mistake corrected.

Agree this was certainly the case for us.

We had the premium alcohol package on Silhouette this past April, and although they are supposed to charge you the difference if your wine selection is over $12, most times we weren't charged.

Jo-Ann

We also had a few drinks provided for gratis, as well as mainly getting doubles at the one order. I think it really depends on the waiter and their attitude.:D

Archived