Coffee Maker in BA

js

Hi. I will have a BA (Balcony) room on the Breakaway next month!

I would like to know if the coffee machines are the pods or if I can bring my

own coffee (DD). If I can bring my own coffee, what kind of filters do I need to

bring with me (cone or regular shaped). I drink black iced coffee so thinking I can make the coffee in the morning and somehow get ice before I leave my cabin (or wait to I get to the buffet to find it). Thank you very much.

Thank you.

So, if I want to bring my own DD coffee, I cannot?

The coffee machines are like a Kurig? Is that correct?

If so, I'll get some DD pods.

Thanks SOO much!

I haven't tried it yet, but I was looking into the same thing- for the same reason that I drink iced coffee. There are several amazon reviewers that report using the 4 cup filters and just folding them over to form a pod- some say they moisten the filter to help it stay in place when folded over.

I intend to try this as it will allow me to bring the coffee I like and make it stronger for iced coffee!

I haven't tried it yet, but I was looking into the same thing- for the same reason that I drink iced coffee. There are several amazon reviewers that report using the 4 cup filters and just folding them over to form a pod- some say they moisten the filter to help it stay in place when folded over.

I intend to try this as it will allow me to bring the coffee I like and make it stronger for iced coffee!

I do love my DD and everything else always just tastes bad to me but I think I may just order two coffee pots of coffee one day/night and put in the fridge and use/reorder as needed. The coffee maker only makes one cup at at time and I think it will be a chore for me to do this while on vacation. If I have the pots in the fridge, I can use when I want and it will eventually be cold so as not to melt the small ice cubes in the coffee mug.

Good luck to us LOL

Does anyone know if the mesh filter that you use with a Keurig would work here so you can bring your own coffee??

I don't think so. This is a pod style- a completely different shape than the Keurig. You would need something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ecopad-Refillable-Coffee-Filter-Classic/dp/B0007INM5A/ref=pd_sim_k_3

or for disposable filters:

http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Pod-Replacement-Filters-Brewers/dp/B004TSOAO6/ref=pd_sim_k_1

Caveat: I haven't actually used the machine. I am going by pictures from those who have been on board and information from Amazon.

I do love my DD and everything else always just tastes bad to me but I think I may just order two coffee pots of coffee one day/night and put in the fridge and use/reorder as needed. The coffee maker only makes one cup at at time and I think it will be a chore for me to do this while on vacation. If I have the pots in the fridge, I can use when I want and it will eventually be cold so as not to melt the small ice cubes in the coffee mug.

Good luck to us LOL

Good luck indeed. That may work too, although I suspect it would wind up more expensive for us because we would probably wind up buying iced coffee from the atrium cafe all week! ;)

Although I do like the idea of ordering a pitcher to keep in the cabin. Maybe I can brew extra strong coffee and pour it over ice to store in the fridge. Either way, enjoy!

I don't think so. This is a pod style- a completely different shape than the Keurig. You would need something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ecopad-Refillable-Coffee-Filter-Classic/dp/B0007INM5A/ref=pd_sim_k_3

or for disposable filters:

http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Pod-Replacement-Filters-Brewers/dp/B004TSOAO6/ref=pd_sim_k_1

Caveat: I haven't actually used the machine. I am going by pictures from those who have been on board and information from Amazon.

Thanks so much for that information....much appreciated!:)

Archived