My Plan/Diet 2011

sawrecoil

I actually started this plan back in November. Originally for purposes of getting ripped for the cruise, but now more importantly, as a lifestyle change.

My results? I've lost 20lbs, and built alot of muscle i never saw before. The two major factors to the weight loss have been working out EVERY DAY and NEVER consuming obvious sugar. (and changing diet too)

My Routine:

Monday-

25 minute HARD Cardio (started very slow.. just running a mile then walking a mile on high incline, both alternating the best I can. Now running straight 25 minutes or biking 25 minutes. I burn over 500 calories just on this portion of my workout alone.

35 minute chest/tricep (can give you exercises if you like but I almost always ONLY use freeweights)

15 minute Abs + Stretch

Tuesday

25 minute HARD CARDIO

35 minute shoulders

10 minute stretch

Wed

25 minute hard Cardio

35 minute Back & Bicep

15 minutes Abdonimals + Stretch

Thur

1 hour minimum HARD CARDIO

Fri

25 minute hard cardio

35 minute LEGS

15 minute abdominals + stretch

Sat

CARDIO minimum 1 hour (usually something outside of the gym. I hate the idea of being a gym rat. Im blessed to live in a place with many hiking trails and mountains, so I usually hike for an hour. Its winter now though so I bought a bicycle trainer so I can get on my bike, turn on the travel channel or my favorite music and go to town for an hour. I've also found that encouraging a family member or friend to workout on weekends has a much higher success rate than during the week. It also turns you into the leader and makes you want to work out even more.

Sun

Repeat Sat

Diet (Learn to LOVE WATER)

-Now I havent completely found the perfect diet for myself just yet, but I've made substantial changes. Previous to this diet I would sneak a mcdonalds samwich and fries for lunches, chocolate coffes, and soda. Cut that crap out!!

Breakfast is strict: Cereal with 0% fat milk and fruit. +Water. NO OJ. Occasionally some straight blueberry juice or gowalla superfood but thats it. Occassionally Im running late and have a powerbar, cliff bar, or even just a piece of toast. Thats not always great though

Lunch: Protein, Salad, or Samwich+carbs. I try to NEVER eat out. EVER. Black bean burgers with rice is great. A homemade salad with carrots, mushrooms, and tomatos is awesome.

Dinner: Fish, Chicken, Veggie Burger, or Tofu.

Add side dish: Baby Red Tomatos

ALWAYS Add a salad.

-------------

Not sure why I felt compelled to tell you what I've been doing, but if anyone's interested, here it is. Enjoy. Works for me!

Congrats on your weight loss! It's great to figure out a program that works...your enthusiasm is proof positive that you are doing something that works for you...

I do a ton of research on nutrition and fitness...I have one big recommendation for you...research the idea of "recovery food" that you would consume immediately following your work outs...my latest research is saying that protein is ESSENTIAL following a work out...check it out and see...especially with your exercise regimen...if you really are only eating what you say you are...then I'm thinking you need to figure out something to eat following your workouts.

Keep it up! I hope you achieve your goals!

Congrats on your weight loss! It's great to figure out a program that works...your enthusiasm is proof positive that you are doing something that works for you...

I do a ton of research on nutrition and fitness...I have one big recommendation for you...research the idea of "recovery food" that you would consume immediately following your work outs...my latest research is saying that protein is ESSENTIAL following a work out...check it out and see...especially with your exercise regimen...if you really are only eating what you say you are...then I'm thinking you need to figure out something to eat following your workouts.

Keep it up! I hope you achieve your goals!

sorry I forgot to mention that. I ususally have a fruit and a peanut butter samwich or a protein bar

sorry I forgot to mention that. I ususally have a fruit and a peanut butter samwich or a protein bar

Dymatize Nutrition makes an awesome protein shake...only 106 calories - 25 grams of protein...ZERO carbs. My favorite flavors are chocolate/peanut butter and pina colada.

Archived