Luggage Weight (per bag)

Bluenose10

In the personalised brochure it states up to 23kg per bag, but on the e-ticket it says max weight 20kg per bag.

As we're only taking one each and our airline allows 30kg per person, I'm hoping it's 23kg and not 20kg!

Can anyone clarify which is correct, or is this just a health and safety guideline? Do they actually weigh them?

Thanks

In the personalised brochure it states up to 23kg per bag, but on the e-ticket it says max weight 20kg per bag.

As we're only taking one each and our airline allows 30kg per person, I'm hoping it's 23kg and not 20kg!

Can anyone clarify which is correct, or is this just a health and safety guideline? Do they actually weigh them?

Thanks

My bags are usually around 28-30kg each and I've never had an issue.

From the Cunard website

Each case may weigh a maximum of 23kg due to health and safety reasons.

If an individual piece of luggage exceeds 23kg at embarkation you will be recalled to the terminal and asked to remove items or repack your bags. Your baggage may also be delayed at disembarkation if you exceed this limit.

Do none of you OVERPACKERS care for the backs of the poor people who have to handle your overweight bags.

Obviously not!! Unfortunately this goes so well with the general attitude on this board!

I always pack according to airline rules. I'm allowed 32kg per bag. I'm usually around 28-30kg per bag and bring 3-4 cases on a 4-6 week holiday.

I certainly don't overpack. That would imply packing things you don't need. I don't believe in recycling the same outfit, especially dinner wear on a transatlantic crossing.

And the dock workers have various trolleys and a very sophisticated conveyer belt system that helps them move luggage. Likewise, there are trolleys etc on board ship for staff to move luggage (plus bags these days roll, unlike the trunks of yesteryear).

I always tip the dock handlers too.