Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Let's see.....I replaced my home "clicker", my work "clicker" [garage door openers.] And, the keys to our post office box.

I got Brenda & Horton's Immunization records from my Vet this morning.

Ford Credit will be replacing the paperwork on the car. AAA is sending me replacement insurance information. I will NEVER say "yes" to a credit card receipt at a gas station again-not that there's any information they can steal on the receipt. But, they did find my AX numbers to attempt to purchase gas near the Mexican border. Boy, they must have been so annoyed when they couldn't!

I have an appointment to replace my sun glasses/reading glasses and distance glasses [what the heck do they want with them?] I pray they go blind from using them!

Last but not least, I have to buy Benjamin a new Nintendo because Grammy stupidly left his in the back of the car.

Oh, yeh, I have to buy a new trash bag and a cell phone charger.

The hotel where I was staying called to tell me that they will NOT charge me for my entire stay. That's good news since this was a pretty pricey stay!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Now, let's talk about my journal. The first entry was May, 1987 and the last was October, 2012....Do you think I have a lot of writing to do?

And, the pictures and notes can NEVER be replaced......They even took my lip gloss......Yuck!

I don't like to wish harm on anyone.......but, I hope their hands fall off and their eyes are rendered useless!!!!!!

On Friday night my car got broken into and they took EVERYTHING including Brenda's and Horton's immunization records. So annoying! They took my grandson's 3D Nintendo game which was about the only thing of much monetary value, the rest was just "stuff" that takes years to accumulate and are time consuming to replace. They took my journal that I had been writing in since the late 1980's. Stories and pictures of my children, grandchildren and my feelings and pictures of my wonderful Service dogs......I'll never be able to replace this. I think this hurts the most.
Thank you. There were no dumpsters near the parking area [i looked] and the trash cans nearby were empty. Like the policeman said, they put everything into a trash bag, leave as quickly and sneakily as they came and examine their haul later, in their cave. Animals, that's how he described the people that do things like this......animals!

I'm so sorry this happened, Roz. Especially since they took your journal. Yeah, the policeman is right: Animals! :mad:

The hotel where I was staying called to tell me that they will NOT charge me for my entire stay. That's good news since this was a pretty pricey stay!!!!!!!

Did the hotel have security cameras? (crossing my fingers here)

Edited by dobiemom

I'm so sorry this happened, Roz. Especially since they took your journal. Yeah, the policeman is right: Animals! :mad:

Did the hotel have security cameras? (crossing my fingers here)

No, do you believe it! It's the Marriott Resort & Spa in Coronado. A really lovely hotel. The rooms are so gorgeous and the amenities, food and service is superb. I don't know if I could go back there next year.

I was told that they do have "plain-clothed" security that walk the perimeters all the time. I don't believe it! I walked Horton at night and very early in the morning and there was NEVER anyone else in view. Lots of ducks/swans and geese but not a human to be seen.

The General Manager was insistent that there is security, I just didn't see them.

I suggested that they were not doing their job since I was parked in what looked like a very secure garage, under a well lit area, right next to the main elevator. You'd think if there were security people they certainly would have seen something!

I think the fact that Horton is HUGE and looks like he could really do some harm, if someone tried to attack me, is the very reason that nothing happened to me. Not only this time but on other occasions when I'm out shopping, etc.

I don't ever want to be challenged but we who walk with these amazing dogs know that we must go out into the night, in unknown areas sometimes, to walk them. What do we do, ask that CCI start training the dogs to "attack" on command?

I try to be so careful where I go and where I take Horton to relieve himself......but, life is not perfect!

Another reason why I love cruising!!!!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

No, do you believe it! It's the Marriott Resort & Spa in Coronado. A really lovely hotel. The rooms are so gorgeous and the amenities, food and service is superb. I don't know if I could go back there next year.

I was told that they do have "plain-clothed" security that walk the perimeters all the time. I don't believe it! I walked Horton at night and very early in the morning and there was NEVER anyone else in view. Lots of ducks/swans and geese but not a human to be seen.

The General Manager was insistent that there is security, I just didn't see them.

I suggested that they were not doing their job since I was parked in what looked like a very secure garage, under a well lit area, right next to the main elevator. You'd think if there were security people they certainly would have seen something!

Must be like the invisible security on the ships. I've never seen any of them.

Aw Roz, I feel so bad for you. This really stinks. :( But may I ask why you had all that stuff in your car? Did Morey kick you out of the house and you are living in your car?

Yeh! Right! Leave it to you.....little sister, to start a rumor! I'm a Virgo, I have to have everything I need, just in case I need it. Who doesn't keep their proof of insurance in their car along with the registration and history of service work. Also, what's wrong with keeping the clickers in my car along with the keys to the mail box? I keep my journal in the car because I always want to add something and it's so much fun to have when I'm traveling. And, my sunglasses.....please, who doesn't keep a pair of sunglasses in their car along with an extra pair of reading glasses, etc. :o

Benjamin always asks me for his Nintendo game when we go to their house or when we travel with him and always wants Grammy to keep it for him. Now I have to go buy another one at $200.00 and $45.00 per game [he had 8 games.] And, the car charger for my cell phone, where would you keep it? :confused:

What are you a minimalist? We have a guy who works here without a picture of his 7 children, not to mention his wife. He has NOTHING in his office. He calls himself a "minimalist!" He says he doesn't like to carry extra baggage! I call it "living", he calls it "baggage!" :rolleyes:

Evenin' all:

Happy early Anniversary Cindy and John!

Ok, don't want to scare off the new Nancie, so I will put my pants back on. Second, I can just blame her for any risky comments! LOL or BOL!

As for items in cars. This had made me realize that I keep a lot of the same stuff in mine. I have a brief case that has Travis' paperwork on one side and Mom's on the other. I am always having to dig something out of it. I also keep the mailbox key in the car, because we only have one key now, thanks to tenants and the cost to replace the lock or get new keys made. Bless the United States Postal Service for being able to charge whatever amount they want to replace those items. I also have some of Trav's Christmas presents in the trunk because the little booger stumbles across them when I hide them in the house. Guess I will bite the bullet and try and find some place inside that he won't look in. So, I guess I have some car cleaning coming up.

Roz, you said you will never ask for a receipt at the gas station again, meaning at the pump or from the register in side? And why would they take a note from your daughter? They obviously could see it was not important. When we use to stay in San Pedro and leave our vehicle parked at the hotel, we would park away from other vehicles because it pi$$es me off when people bang their car doors into the side of my vehicle. We had heard they had problems with break in, but we never had any trouble. I guess it would be a great place to hit a lot of vehicles, knowing how long you would be gone since the hotel makes you put a sticker in your front window with your departure date. Boy, I am just talking myself deeper into not ever leaving a vehicle again. It would be tough to take all that stuff on a cruise with us! One year, we traveled all the way from Arizona to San Pedro so I had a weapon with us. The hotel wanted us to leave our car keys with them so that they could move the vehicle if they had to. Yay, right, I don't think so. Did not leave keys with them.

Well, I guess I have just about put your eyes out from my long rambling. Random thoughts can be a great gift or a pain in the patootie!

Your cruise is coming up quickly. Have a wonderful time and have a fabulous birthday.....I can't think of a better way to celebrate your birthday than on a cruise.

Yes, very quickly. I had actually booked it 6 months ago, then canceled it...later rebooked it, canceled it again and decided Thanksgiving day that I was booking it again....because I didn't want to spend my birthday alone, what better way to spend it than on a cruise ship....will just be my 5th cruise since April...LOL

Hopefully I will be able to start packing today. Yesterday I was sick all day, I think a 24hr virus. Not feeling great right now but much better then yesterday.

Happy Cruising arhillbilly----I will have to try Norwegian again----I didn't like the first cruise with them. It was mostly dinning room staff and the food---terrible.

Hey Cindy---good to hear about the tour in St Martin being good. I am looking forward to it. Hope you don't get bad weather before you have to leave. Are you driving or flying, I don't remember what you said.

Hope by now you are feeling better.

Thank you. I LOVE NCL...it's my favorite cruise line. IMO the food is better than the other lines I have been on....and I LOVE the customer service.....

Cindy, enjoy your cruise

Thank you. I LOVE NCL...it's my favorite cruise line. IMO the food is better than the other lines I have been on....and I LOVE the customer service.....

Thanks arhillbilly, I am feeling better and on with the packing. I am almost done with that. :D You enjoy your cruise and have a Happy Birthday.

Cinady===see you soon and Happy Anniversary.

Hi Roz, Hope your day goes well.

Yeh! Right! Leave it to you.....little sister, to start a rumor! I'm a Virgo, I have to have everything I need, just in case I need it. Who doesn't keep their proof of insurance in their car along with the registration and history of service work. Also, what's wrong with keeping the clickers in my car along with the keys to the mail box? I keep my journal in the car because I always want to add something and it's so much fun to have when I'm traveling. And, my sunglasses.....please, who doesn't keep a pair of sunglasses in their car along with an extra pair of reading glasses, etc. :o

Benjamin always asks me for his Nintendo game when we go to their house or when we travel with him and always wants Grammy to keep it for him. Now I have to go buy another one at $200.00 and $45.00 per game [he had 8 games.] And, the car charger for my cell phone, where would you keep it? :confused:

What are you a minimalist? We have a guy who works here without a picture of his 7 children, not to mention his wife. He has NOTHING in his office. He calls himself a "minimalist!" He says he doesn't like to carry extra baggage! I call it "living", he calls it "baggage!" :rolleyes:

Sorry Roz, Didn't mean to get you fired up. :eek: I have nothing in my car except insurance info, a pair of gloves, an umbrella and a pic of Miss Bailee on my console.

You better get that Nintendo, you know how the kids are if they don't have that!

Yes, very quickly. I had actually booked it 6 months ago, then canceled it...later rebooked it, canceled it again and decided Thanksgiving day that I was booking it again....because I didn't want to spend my birthday alone, what better way to spend it than on a cruise ship....will just be my 5th cruise since April...LOL

Cindy, enjoy your cruise

Have a great cruise too!!!! :D And have a Happy Birthday!

Edited by rangeley

Evenin' all:

Ok, don't want to scare off the new Nancie, so I will put my pants back on. Second, I can just blame her for any risky comments! LOL or BOL!

As for items in cars. This had made me realize that I keep a lot of the same stuff in mine. I have a brief case that has Travis' paperwork on one side and Mom's on the other. I am always having to dig something out of it. I also keep the mailbox key in the car, because we only have one key now, thanks to tenants and the cost to replace the lock or get new keys made. Bless the United States Postal Service for being able to charge whatever amount they want to replace those items. I also have some of Trav's Christmas presents in the trunk because the little booger stumbles across them when I hide them in the house. Guess I will bite the bullet and try and find some place inside that he won't look in. So, I guess I have some car cleaning coming up.

Roz, you said you will never ask for a receipt at the gas station again, meaning at the pump or from the register in side? And why would they take a note from your daughter? They obviously could see it was not important. When we use to stay in San Pedro and leave our vehicle parked at the hotel, we would park away from other vehicles because it pi$$es me off when people bang their car doors into the side of my vehicle. We had heard they had problems with break in, but we never had any trouble. I guess it would be a great place to hit a lot of vehicles, knowing how long you would be gone since the hotel makes you put a sticker in your front window with your departure date. Boy, I am just talking myself deeper into not ever leaving a vehicle again. It would be tough to take all that stuff on a cruise with us! One year, we traveled all the way from Arizona to San Pedro so I had a weapon with us. The hotel wanted us to leave our car keys with them so that they could move the vehicle if they had to. Yay, right, I don't think so. Did not leave keys with them.

Well, I guess I have just about put your eyes out from my long rambling. Random thoughts can be a great gift or a pain in the patootie!

Thanks Nancy!

I remember being a kid, even though it was so long ago. I used to hunt for presents, and if my parents went out, I used to unwrap them and wrap them back up. :eek:

Thanks arhillbilly, I am feeling better and on with the packing. I am almost done with that. :D You enjoy your cruise and have a Happy Birthday.

Almost packed ? Nice!! My son is 90% packed, but I only have a few things thrown in the suitcase that I put in there when I was changing the clothes over to winter stuff. :(

Cindy,

Just thinking, if the buttheads took a note that was visably (sp) not anything of value to them, from Roz's truck, I would at least make a copy of Ms. Bailee's photo. I would hate for you to loose that. Look, I act like we are all going to get broken into, but you never know. I have two metal book marks that have little beads and one has an angel on it and the other has the moon on it. I love them. They are hanging on my visor, right above my head so I can look at them often. I would hate to loose those, too. Maybe we should leave our dirty laundry in there and see if anyone takes it, now that would be funny to see their faces when they opened that bag!

Cindy,

Just thinking, if the buttheads took a note that was visably (sp) not anything of value to them, from Roz's truck, I would at least make a copy of Ms. Bailee's photo. I would hate for you to loose that. Look, I act like we are all going to get broken into, but you never know. I have two metal book marks that have little beads and one has an angel on it and the other has the moon on it. I love them. They are hanging on my visor, right above my head so I can look at them often. I would hate to loose those, too. Maybe we should leave our dirty laundry in there and see if anyone takes it, now that would be funny to see their faces when they opened that bag!

Hanging from my rear view mirror I have the crab from little mermaid that Mc Donalds gave out, which was 1989, the string that was around Bailees neck when she was a pup at the breeders, A CCI bone shaped key chain and a blessed Mary necklace my mom gave me. All sentimental stuff.

Almost packed ? Nice!!

Almost packed, YES, I am really late packing----I am usually done a week or two before the cruise-----hope I packed everything. Going away and being sick didn't help me. :eek: Have a good day.

Wow thats great Trudy. I better get my butt moving then. I just finished my holiday cards which I needed to do before the cruise. I did print up my packing list the other day. :)

Evenin' all:

Either, or, on the gas.....it all depends on whether I'm traveling and want to pick something up at the mini-mart or just pumping gas and in a hurry.

I find myself looking around the nooks and crannies of my car to see what else may be missing. They took the dogs travel potty bags, the empty Xmas gift bags and a neck pillow.

These guys must have thought my car was the "bargain basement" of a thrift shop......help yourself to other people's stuff!!!!! GET A JOB!

Expert advice needed--We are contemplating traveling with my husbands service dog on Celebrity; however, I can't clearly find what I need to re-enter the US (Customs). That is the biggest issue I am finding. We will not disembark at any ports in the Caribbean but unsure what we need to re-enter the US. Any help would be appreciated.

If we did decide to disembark in the private Island of Labadee is anything different needed documentation wise? or to reenter the US?

I much appreciate any information.

Sorry Roz, Didn't mean to get you fired up. :eek: I have nothing in my car except insurance info, a pair of gloves, an umbrella and a pic of Miss Bailee on my console.

You better get that Nintendo, you know how the kids are if they don't have that!

Just giving you a hard time.....I totally am laughing at this whole thing now.

I really do keep a lot of stuff in my car. After the Northridge earthquake in 1994, anyone who had "stuff" in their car to wear and something to eat were the only ones who had food and a change of clothes for the long night and day ahead. I was giving other people food [protein bars] and extra socks & sweat shirts. All of which I kept in the back of my car for that "just in case thing that may happen!" And, it did!!!!!

I started keeping even more things in my car after that. I was always afraid that I might need "it" and I wouldn't have it.

It's the mentatlity that one gets when you live in the epicenter of earthquake country. You become a "pack rat!"

Also, we learned that those who had gas in their cars and cash in their pockets were the lucky one's because all the gas stations, banks and markets were closed for at least a few days.

Thanks Trudy. I'm pretty much all set......a lot less "stuff" to carry around in my car now but not to worry......it's the holiday's. I made it easy for family and friends as to what to buy me. :rolleyes: :D

Cindy,

It just freaks me out at the useless information that they took. The concierge at the hotel said, "they're just playing with you!"

What kind of people get pleasure out of taking other people's things are the very same people I don't want to know!!!!