Can Kuala Lumpur be done DIY?

GrandmaHofmann

In a word No.

KL port is far from everything. Even the walk from the ship to the terminal building exit is well over 10 minutes. There are taxis out the front so you can use those as an option to DIY. Be prepared for at least a 1hr drive each way into the city. I don't remember seeing any public buses, nearby. The cruise port really is in the back lots of the massive Industrial port area. Easiest would probably be if you did a ship exc that gave you free time somewhere so it is kind of still a bit DIY. We chose that option to a large shopping centre as we have been to KL before.

In a word No.

KL port is far from everything. Even the walk from the ship to the terminal building exit is well over 10 minutes. There are taxis out the front so you can use those as an option to DIY. Be prepared for at least a 1hr drive each way into the city. I don't remember seeing any public buses, nearby. The cruise port really is in the back lots of the massive Industrial port area. Easiest would probably be if you did a ship exc that gave you free time somewhere so it is kind of still a bit DIY. We chose that option to a large shopping centre as we have been to KL before.

Can I ask you which shopping centre you went to? We have been to KL before and did a ship tour and are struggling to know what to do on our next trip. Thanks

Can I ask you which shopping centre you went to? We have been to KL before and did a ship tour and are struggling to know what to do on our next trip. Thanks

I think it was Sunway (has an Egyptian theme). It also has a huge water park next door. It was about a 35-40 min drive from the port,

In a word No.

Agree,

I cannot imagine trying to DIY that city. We had a tour package for two days from Singapore. Traffic is heavy and the sites that we visited were all over. Suggest finding a tour.

I guess I did not explain myself well. I was thinking of taking the Kuala Lumpur on your own, being dropped and picked up in the city by the cruise line. But I was wondering if I could easily get around once there. Sorry!

Yea fairly easy once in the city. Some of the shopping malls are close to each other & many people use these to walk from one place to the other staying in air-con as much as possible. There is also a good MRT system, but taxis are cheap & plentiful and might save you time.

And was it worth going there for the day?

Sent from my ZTE Fit 4G Smart using Tapatalk

It's really just a massive shopping mall, but we enjoyed it. Some things we purchased were cheaper than at home, & I remember it had a big Asian food hall type area where we got to have a great local lunch for a cheap price. I'm pretty sure there was also an ice rink down the bottom & maybe cinemas too. There is a hotel & water park attached. Just google it. Might be more I don't know about or can remember!

• 3 weeks later...

We will be there end of dicember, never thought it was soooo far. Dont know if we should get a privat car before instead of talking to all the taxis who sure ask for a lot of money. We will stay there over night.

1º day we arrive 6pm, so this day we maybe could go to the shopping center and next day to KL