Current Future Cruise offer

Dajo5601

For us, as Americans, the amount of the FCC was $300 per person, which will be applied to our next Cunard booking. In addition, we will each receive $300 OBC on that cruise.

Benefits

By securing an FCD you will receive on board credit when you make your next booking*

On Board Credit:

6-9 nights on board

Grill Accommodation = $200USD

Balcony Accommodation = $150USD

Inside / Outside Accommodation = $100USD

Sailings of 10 nights or more

Grill Accommodation = $400USD

Balcony Accommodation = $300USD

Inside/ Outside Accommodation = $200USD

This will be great for us as we only book cruises that are at least 14 days, so that gives us each $250 OCB as veterans, $250 OBC as stockholders, and $300 each for FCC, for a total of $1,350 before we even begin to consider special offers or TA gifts.

Now I just need to find a smoking deal on a Cunard Cruise for 2015. :)

Is shareholder OBC per person or per stateroom? I wasn't aware that two in a stateroom could double up on it (I knew two veterans could double up). The terms say only one credit per stateroom...

You are correct. We each get $250 for being veterans for a total of $500, but we only get $250 per cabin as stockholders.

Be aware F.O.C,s can only be used on a Cunard Fare & some Early saver fares but Not !! at all on a Saver Fare, You also will not be able to claim any !!Veterans O.B.C. on a Saver fare

Are you sure? We were pretty careful about quizzing the Future Cruise Salesperson and she said there were no restrictions. If there are, it become a pretty lame deal after all.

When I checked with Cunard today a very helpful agent reiterated what we were told by the Future Cruise Sales Office. The deposit is good for any cruise except a world cruise, is combinable with all OBC and can be used for up to two years.

Of course, that is for US citizens. I would not be at all surprised if the rules vary from location to location.

Edited by PunkiC

Are you sure? We were pretty careful about quizzing the Future Cruise Salesperson and she said there were no restrictions. If there are, it become a pretty lame deal after all.
Absolutely Certain of my statement I cruise 3/4 times a year with Cunard & I always purchase the F.O.C. & I have never been able to use it for a Saver Fare & Veteran's which I am do not get any O.B.C. on a Saver fare either & the F.O.C. Offer only lasts for 1 year for UK Customer's. Edited by zider

When I checked with Cunard today a very helpful agent reiterated what we were told by the Future Cruise Sales Office. The deposit is good for any cruise except a world cruise, is combinable with all OBC and can be used for up to two years.

Of course, that is for US citizens. I would not be at all surprised if the rules vary from location to location.

You are wrong - in the US it's good for 4 years. Very different T&Cs in UK.

You are wrong - in the US it's good for 4 years. Very different T&Cs in UK.

I hope you are right, but it is unlikely that we would ever go 4 years without booking a cruise so it is a moot point.

Princess used to be four years but recently changed it to two years because people changed credit cards so often that they had difficulty refunding their money. Does Cunard refund the money? I am uncertain on that point.

I will make a special point of personally inviting the Future Cruise staff to our Meet & Greet on our next cruise so we can clarify all of these issues with them. On our last cruise the Future Cruise Director did not receive the written invitation we had sent her and was very disappointed to have missed the meeting.

I travelled on "saver" fare (not sure if it's the right term - it's the one where you book with less than 90 days to go to sailing date. You pay in full, no refunds and no OBC. I had a FCC and was told by my TA and by Cunard you cannot use your FCC on those fares.

I just booked a 5 night cruise on QV that is actually quite expensive if you look at the daily rate ($250 per diem). I can't use my FCC on that either! Now I already knew about the 6 days or more limitation but I do find it ironic that I could use it on a cheap, under $100 a day, cruise (there's a few around) but I can't use it on the more expensive one because it's "5" days. Makes no sense

Interesting. Our Baltic Cunard cruise was very inexpensive--$1700 pp for 14 nights in a balcony-- and purchased under 90 days from sailing, but we were able to use all of our normal OBC including stockholder and veterans credit, plus several other offers. We did not have any FCC at the time.

If it proves to be restrictive, we probably won't buy any more.

Edited by PunkiC

For UK passengers - the terms and conditions for Future Cruise Down Payments (FCD) can be found here: https://ask.cunard.com/help/mini/cunard/before-you-sail/FCD

As has been said several times already, :) the terms and conditions are different for USA passengers, but I haven't been able to locate that info on Cunard's US website yet. -S.

Edited by Salacia

Interesting. Our Baltic Cunard cruise was very inexpensive--$1700 pp for 14 nights in a balcony-- and purchased under 90 days from sailing, but we were able to use all of our normal OBC including stockholder and veterans credit, plus several other offers. We did not have any FCC at the time.

If it proves to be restrictive, we probably won't buy any more.

Yes i was able to get the stockholder credit on the "saver fare" but not the FCC

As I understand it, the Saver Fare program - with special terms and conditions, is offered for bookings made the UK, not the US. In the US, there are often several different rates offered by Cunard and travel agencies with varying terms and conditions...

For example, often mentioned is a Flash Sale which is sometimes offered when cabins are not sold out close to sail date. I always check the terms and conditions carefully for any reduced rates, especially Flash Sales, since while offering attractive lower fares, these sales are sometimes restrictive in regards to what other promotional offers may apply.

Edited by Salacia

Yes that's what I booked, a flash fare. The FCC isn't always usebable (it has been not applicable by Cunard on the last two cruises I took). The shareholder credit has absolutely no restrictions and it sounds like maybe the Veterans benefit has no restrictions too?

Edited by juicyjuju

Yes that's what I booked, a flash fare. The FCC isn't always usebable (it has been not applicable by Cunard on the last two cruises I took). The shareholder credit has absolutely no restrictions and it sounds like maybe the Veterans benefit has no restrictions too?

There is one cruise next spring that interests me. I think I will have my TA check and see if the FCC would apply. If so it would be a pretty good deal as it already comes with prepaid gratuities and it is listed at a very good price.