Carnival Liberty 8/13 Civitavecchia and Naples

Cruzluvin

I had booked on trenitalia’s website two 1st class tickets to Civitavecchia. A word of advice—make sure you know your train’s last stop. We were standing in front of the information board watching trains after our time being posted and got concerned. I asked an agent and they said that you had to look for the LAST STOP---so our train was listed as Torino….luckily we had plenty of time to figure this out. The train was clean and spacious. We were the only ones in our section so there was plenty of room. The trip took about an hour and was worth the savings. It was about 23 euros total.

Now, on to the PORT. Well, we left the train station and decided to walk to the port. It was about a 10 minute walk. At the port, I asked the traffic guy how to get to Carnival Liberty and he directed me towards the ferries..so we walked (with our two suitcases) to the ferry entrance. Could not figure how we were supposed to get to the ship until I asked the ferry guy and he said there was a free shuttle service “over there”…well, we finally found where “over there” was---by the traffic guy! There were free shuttle buses that take you to the ship. No Carnival Signs so it was very confusing.

Embarkation: could have been better. Definitely different that any US embarkations, but it was OK…

Cabin: We had room 9243 on the lido deck (inside cabin). We like the inside cabin’s because they are dark for when you want to take those much needed naps after the long day. It was a great room with easy access to the pools and buffet.

Dining times: A lot of people were upset about the dinner seatings. Luckily we got the late seating, but many did not. So to compensate the others, Carnival would shift the dinner times 15-20 minutes later. So, we had the 8:30 pm seating and 3 nights out of the 12 it was at 8:45 pm. This gave us barely enough time to get through dessert before heading to the show.

Naples: We booked Drive Amalfi :) for our tour of Amalfi, Positano, and Pompeii. Our guide was Roberto. He was incredible. His English is impeccable. What a great guy and a great guide. He is very passionate about his work and really made our day special. We were there on the day before a holiday so traffic was an issue. He decided to take us through the mountains to get to Positano. It worked out well, but we were short on time and were unable to go to Ravello. That was OK though. Amalfi and Positano were amazing. We had a lovely lunch in a small town and headed to Pompeii. We had a guided tour of Pompeii (Gianni) and he had to give us the express tour throughj Pompeii(we only had 1.5 hours). It was fabulous—I could have spent a whole day there…) This was our best tour of the trip—mostly because of Roberto.

more to come :)

• 1 month later...

We plan on going by train to Civit.......so anyone that has done this please sound off. Once you exit the train how do you get to the ship? Landmarks, signs, etc...anything that you can remeber to make our walk better would be appreciated.

We are crossing the Atlantic very soon....:cool:

Archived