Piazza Roma to Cruise port

happy_travellers

The #6 bus goes from Piazzale Roma to cruise port.

You can buy ticket at the ACTV office in Piazzale Roma.

It is a very short ride, maybe 5-6min.

I don't know how much a taxi will cost.

IF the people mover opens its cruise terminal stop you will also be able to use that but noone knows when that stop will open.

There will be taxis waiting or a bus waiting to go to the cruise terminal? Do you know how much?

Thanks Karen

There is an extensive discussion on this subject on europeforvisitors.com/venice

Taxis are about 30E for a five minute ride. The people mover is 1 E to Tronchetto and then a 500 yard walk to the terminal plus the walk to your ship. The terminal is LARGE. See the thread on this forum about the people mover.

A more convenient option (fewer transfers) would be the Hotel's launch to St. Mark's and then the alilaguna M line water bus direct to the terminal. One way fare is 13 E. Departs every 30 minutes; schedule at the hotel desk.

Earl , Please look at my comment on the People Mover thread about the walk from Tronchetto. It may be a short distance but once you have to cross a bridge it makes it more difficult.

Clearly we will have to wait for first hand reports. This is not as difficult as the walk to Piazzal Roma. There is a wide sidewalk with no stairs and a guard rail between the sidewalk and the auto lane.

Yes. We prepurchased the 36 hour pass on the website because we arrived the day before the cruise departed. We used the passes for land bus transportation from the airport to hotel in Mestre and back and forth from Mestre to Venezia. In Venezia we used same passes to ride vaporetti. On day of cruise we rode land bus from Mestre to P. Roma and then switched to 6/ bus from P. Roma to cruise port. No problems whatsoever. Actually, the local people on the bus helped my kids lift their luggage onto the bus!

Yes. We prepurchased the 36 hour pass on the website because we arrived the day before the cruise departed. We used the passes for land bus transportation from the airport to hotel in Mestre and back and forth from Mestre to Venezia. In Venezia we used same passes to ride vaporetti. On day of cruise we rode land bus from Mestre to P. Roma and then switched to 6/ bus from P. Roma to cruise port. No problems whatsoever. Actually, the local people on the bus helped my kids lift their luggage onto the bus!

Thanks epixx :)

The port website talks about a shuttle from P. Roma that operates on days the cruise ships are in, but only at the cruise operator's request. Is this the same as the people mover? :confused: It says to contact the operator to find out if it will be operating on that day, but I'm not confident anyone who answers the phone at NCl will know. Anyone have any idea? I'll call and see what happens.

Port of Venice

http://www.vtp.it/pages/navi/crociere.jsp?language=1

NCL reps hav e no idea - they just want to sell me a transfer from the airport. But when I made my request clear FINALLY, they said the land office might have a better idea and I'd have to call during the week.

The cruise port shuttle is not the same as the People Mover.

The cruise port shuttle has to be arranged by the cruise line. I don't know where I read it, somewhere on CC, that NCL does not provide a shuttle between the cruise port and P.Roma, but I'm sure that will be confirmed within the next few weeks.

Just popping in from Trip Advisor ....The suggestion that you can walk from Tronchetto vaporetto stop the the cruise dock is a wild one. The walk is not direct you need to go through the car park ( road no sidewalks). The walk along the road over the bridge - no sidewalks and this will take you to the entrance of the Cruise Port - You could then have a walk of up to 1km to get you to the ship- all this whilst pulling luggage ?. From Piazzale Roma it is far easier.

Archived