Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old March 11th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Question Questions about OBC--I know another one

that doesn't understand how it works. We are going on our second cruise and we have accumulated a bit from our TA, plus the MTD meant tips had to be paid in advance by us and that amt. was added to OBC. We also were given a specialty dinner as an incentive. I had planned on using some of it on excursions, but I had to pay up front for those on my credit card, as well as the ressies for the Giovanni"s. Can someone explain what will happen now?
Sorry to be a a pain but I have a budget I would like to stay within and I am afraid we will end with all this credit and no way to spend it. We are not big drinkers and I really don't want to "have " to spend money I could have used on other things.

Old March 11th, 2013, 07:01 AM
30,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkBellaMom View Post
that doesn't understand how it works. We are going on our second cruise and we have accumulated a bit from our TA, plus the MTD meant tips had to be paid in advance by us and that amt. was added to OBC. We also were given a specialty dinner as an incentive. I had planned on using some of it on excursions, but I had to pay up front for those on my credit card, as well as the ressies for the Giovanni"s. Can someone explain what will happen now?
Sorry to be a a pain but I have a budget I would like to stay within and I am afraid we will end with all this credit and no way to spend it. We are not big drinkers and I really don't want to "have " to spend money I could have used on other things.
If your OBC is from your TA, then it is fully refundable. You can get a refund in cash from Guest Services on the last night of the cruise.

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager

Old March 11th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Bob.
One more question--does a OBC stay on an account to be used next cruise if you have leftover credit from the cruise line? And can you use the OBC for anything? Like pictures? I am assuming the cost of the specialty dinner will be credited to an account also.

Old March 11th, 2013, 03:54 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Thanks Bob.
One more question--does a OBC stay on an account to be used next cruise if you have leftover credit from the cruise line? And can you use the OBC for anything? Like pictures? I am assuming the cost of the specialty dinner will be credited to an account also.
OBC doesnt carry over to another cruise Not even on a B2B I dont think?

Yes, you can use the OBC for ANY onboard purchase such as pictures, drinks, gratuities, specialty dining etc.
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas - 4/12

New member of Steerage Society

Old March 11th, 2013, 04:09 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Thanks Bob.

Yes it can be used for pictures and specialty dining. Any leftover will be credited back to the credit card you give when you check in

Old March 11th, 2013, 04:10 PM
30,000+ Club

Quote:
Thanks Bob.
Ryano answered your questions in the post above. I just wanted to make sure you know that any reservations you made before the cruise will not come out of your OBC. So you may want to consider cancelling the reservations for Giovanni's, and rebook it as soon as you get on the ship.

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager

Old March 11th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarea View Post
Ryano answered your questions in the post above. I just wanted to make sure you know that any reservations you made before the cruise will not come out of your OBC. So you may want to consider cancelling the reservations for Giovanni's, and rebook it as soon as you get on the ship.
They do keep about a third of the possible reservations for specialty dining and excursions for those who desire to register for them once on board.

Steve

Let us Cruise, Let us Cruise, Let us Cruise!

Where we're going next:
Celebrity Summit - Bermuda. May, 2014
Where we've been:
Explorer of the Seas 2/13 - Port Canaveral and the Bahamas
Explorer of the Seas 5/12 - Bermuda and Caribbean
Norwegian Pearl 1/11 - Western Caribbean
Adventure of the Seas 1/10 - Southern Caribbean
Serenade of the Seas 3/09 - Southern Caribbean

Old March 11th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just got off the Allure. We received $100 OBC from booking our cruise while on the ship last February and we had $250 OBC from our BoA credit card. We had pre-paid gratuities.

We checked at Guest Relations and were told twice that if we didn't use the $250 OBC from our credit card we could get the unused amount refunded in cash at the end of the cruise. However, if we did not use the $100 OBC from RCL for booking last February we would lose it.

The last day of the cruise we went to Guest Relations and were refunded $162 in cash. We were doing B2B but were unable to apply it to the next week's cruise.

Old March 11th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

OBC does not roll over into another cruise even if you are doing a b2b.

Upcoming Cruises:
08/14 Brilliance Scandinavia & Russia
08/14 Brilliance West Transatlantic & Iceland
01/15 Freedom E Caribbean
09/15 Jewel California Coastal
10/15 Jewel California Coastal

Past Cruises:
10/58 Staten Island Ferry, 11/85 Sealink British Ferry - Calais to Dover B2B, 11/05 Jewel OTS - Repositioning Bermuda & Caribbean 12 nights, 10/06 Radiance OTS - Panama Canal 15 night, 12/06 Vision OTS - Mexican Riviera, 02/07 Monarch OTS - B2B Mexican Baja, 06/07 Sovereign OTS - Bahamas, 08/07 Carnival Inspiration- Bahamas, 09/07 Radiance OTS - Hawaii Circle 16 nights, 11/07 Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera, 12/07 Vision OTS - Mexican Riviera, 02/08 Explorer OTS - Exotic S. Caribbean, 02/08 Monarch OTS - B2B Mexican Baja, 03/08 HAL Westerdam - Eastern Caribbean, 04/08 Monarch OTS - B2B Mexican Baja, 09/08 Monarch OTS - B2B Mexican Baja, 02/09 Mariner OTS Inaugural - Mexican Riviera, 05/09 Regent's Paul Gauguin - Tahiti, 07/09 Celebrity's Infinity - Alaska, 09/09 Radiance OTS - Cabo & Ensenada b2b2b, 11/09 Radiance OTS - Cabo & Ensenada b2b2b, 12/09 Serenade OTS - S. Caribbean b2b, 01/10 Mariner OTS - Mexican Riviera b2b, 03/10 Eurodam - Caribbean, 03/10 Azamara Journey - S Caribbean 12 nights, 4/10 Radiance OTS - Merxico 11 nights, 05/10 Radiance OTS - Cabo & Ensenada, 05/10 Radiance OTS - Ultimate Alaska 12 nights, 10/10 Navigator OTS - E. Med, Egypt & TA b2b 26 nights, 01/11 Mariner OTS - Mexican Riviera b2b, 02/11 Voyager OTS - W Caribbean b2b, 04/12 Radiance Hawaii to Vancouver, 08/12 HAL Westerdam Alaska, 10/12 Brilliance Quebec R/T, 11/12 Oasis W Carib, 12/12 Allure W Carb, 02/13 Navigator W Carib, 11/13 Legend Panama Canal, 12/13 Legend Southern Caribbean

Last edited by rednancy1; March 11th, 2013 at 09:21 PM.