Bestwestern Galveston Question

hillbillycruisers

We had reservations for two nights (Dec 6 & 7 ) at the Bestwestern Beachfront Inn in Galveston...prior to our cruise on Dec 8...does anyone know how much damage this hotel recieved or if it should be back up and open by then? We was planning on doing a little sightseeing and take in some of galveston we usually dont have time to see..I wanted to check out the submarine and warship at seawolf and the Dickens on the strand was also to be going on that weekend...not sure if any of this will be possible now...but we hope the island can be able to accomadate cruise ships by then...I'm double booked in Houston just in case, but we'd much rather stay in Galveston :)

We had reservations for two nights (Dec 6 & 7 ) at the Bestwestern Beachfront Inn in Galveston...prior to our cruise on Dec 8...does anyone know how much damage this hotel recieved or if it should be back up and open by then? We was planning on doing a little sightseeing and take in some of galveston we usually dont have time to see..I wanted to check out the submarine and warship at seawolf and the Dickens on the strand was also to be going on that weekend...not sure if any of this will be possible now...but we hope the island can be able to accomadate cruise ships by then...I'm double booked in Houston just in case, but we'd much rather stay in Galveston :)

OPEN :D

Thanks Galveston cruiser: I do have confirmed reservations for that date, as verified with the main 800 number for Best Western. But I am concerned as to whether this hotel will actually be open by then. I was told by BW customer service that it would be open for reservations Oct. 15. Then another poster said he was told Nov. 30. It will probably work out. I know that Moody Gardens was open but totally occupied with various contractors a week or so ago. So that is probably who is occuping the BW also.

Went by hotel yesterday and walked into lobby.

It is OPEN and operating and not under repair.

Asked if they were going to honor cruise reservations

in November and December.

Girl at desk turned and asked the manager,

and then said they don't know about what they are doing about reservations

I would make alternative plans.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Went by hotel yesterday and walked into lobby.

It is OPEN and operating and not under repair.

Asked if they were going to honor cruise reservations

Girl at desk turned and asked the manager,

and then said they don't know about what they are doing about reservations

I would make alternative plans.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Hi Galveston Cruiser!

Have you heard any news on The Harbor House and when they will be up and running? I called yesterday and got a busy signal. We are cruising in Feb 09.......

Thanks!

Donna in OKC

Archived