Santo Domingo

ddaz

Howdy,

I don't see much information on excursions for the port of Santo Domingo on this forum. Since this is the first time for us to have Santo Domingo as a port on a cruise, I'm wondering if this is a relatively new stop for ships. I've looked at the excursions off the ship and they amount to a city tour or a golf outing at a local golf course.

Is there anyone that can provide some general information on the port and what tours might be available from this stop? Most of the on-line tour excursions which I've found for the Dominican Republic are for other areas of the country and not Santo Domingo.

Thanks

ddaz

GBY

Hi ddaz,

Judy (JJJCT) here, from your roll call. What I have found, is that Zona Colonial is where most visitors go when in Santo Domingo. Our port is at Sans Souci which is to the east of Zona Colonial. It appears to be a 10 - 15 minute cab ride. One of NCL excursions goes there. Here is TA website which will give your information and reviews

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147289-d4699562-Reviews-Zona_Colonial-Santo_Domingo_Santo_Domingo_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

Hey Capt BJ

Your 1st post to the OP was answering my question I asked a week ago. That was so helpful and got me looking at the Zona Colonia area on Google.

Your additional post with the blog is great also. Thank you, can't wait to read it. We will visit Zona Colonial to see the history, old buildings and a walk in the DR.:)