Offers when booking cruise

Artemis908

Hiya, first time booking a Celebrity cruise. I saw that there was a combined offer going on that you could add and would give you an onboard credit + premium drink package + free internet + pre-paid gratuities. But when I go to book it, it asks me if I want to add pre-paid gratuities... which confused me since I thought I was already get this with that offer. Am I doing something wrong?

I am under the same promotions, but we only get one of the perks. I am pretty sure just the suites get all 4 perks. Did you get a suite? Also, the perks did not show up in my e-mail confirmation for 2 weeks. I would just check off "no" for pre-pay gratuities and check in two weeks if it was added to your cruise planner.

Edited by Living4acruise2day
edit.

I think you are talking about "go Best".

My rule #1, never ever book online with Celebrity's web site. It is abysmal, to say the least.

If booking direct, I call, and have them email a confirmation while I am still on the phone.

In your case, I think that the pre-pay gratuities is a standard question, that does not have a filter if your gratuities are included. See rule#1.

I think you are talking about "go Best".

My rule #1, never ever book online with Celebrity's web site. It is abysmal, to say the least.

If booking direct, I call, and have them email a confirmation while I am still on the phone.

In your case, I think that the pre-pay gratuities is a standard question, that does not have a filter if your gratuities are included. See rule#1.

I can agree with this - also the you call after you booked online - they are unwilling or unable to help. I wish I booked my cruise by telephone.

It used to be that if you chose to eat in the Select dining area, you would have to pre-pay your gratuities, even if they were included in your 'Go Best' Package or given as a free perk.

This has always been charged up front and it is returned to you as refundable onboard credit.

Since my last booking, though, Celebrity no longer requires you to pre-pay your gratuities ... but was still charged on my latest booking in my final payment earlier this week, even though it is one of my free perks. The travel agent I used stated we would get the money back as onboard credit and if not used, would be returned to my credit card on file.

So, I have never experienced not getting it back, either as OBC or on my credit card. Not sure why they do it this way or if they are still doing it this way since they made the change earlier this year. I just go with it even though it seems convoluted to me because you get that money refunded to you in the end.

Crap... I already did everything online after I talked to someone on the phone, but didn't get any kind of e-mail confirmation. I got the "Best" offer which says internet, premium drink package, "free" tips, and $300 onboard credit. He verified this was accurate and so I did everything online.

There is no confirmation though from anywhere I can see that I have ANY of these things. :(

Crap... I already did everything online after I talked to someone on the phone, but didn't get any kind of e-mail confirmation. I got the "Best" offer which says internet, premium drink package, "free" tips, and $300 onboard credit. He verified this was accurate and so I did everything online.

There is no confirmation though from anywhere I can see that I have ANY of these things. :(

It takes 2 weeks, as I stated above. This is what the rep told me and I did in fact get it in two weeks. If you want an original confirmation, call the toll free number. There is a "prompt" that asks if you want an email confirmation. Just make sure you have your booking number available.

It takes 2 weeks, as I stated above. This is what the rep told me and I did in fact get it in two weeks. If you want an original confirmation, call the toll free number. There is a "prompt" that asks if you want an email confirmation. Just make sure you have your booking number available.

I did that, thanks. I am a month away from the cruise and so cancelling isn't really an option, so it's annoying that it says it'll take ten days. It also says "if you're booking qualifies". I did call them and ask specifically about the offer. We are not in a suite but we paid double the cruise fare to add all 4 extra perks. I took screen shots of website and what it says. I tried to go through the terms and conditions but they are lengthy and also seem to have the wrong dates in them (June 2016).

But I got the confirmation PDF at least that says I got the "Best" offer on there... at least there is that...

If you go online to the Celebrity website, find your booking. Go to the option to Manage Reservation. That should open to the page that says My Cruise Summary. There is an area to the left of the page with the breakdown of charges, as well as showing what has been paid, what is still owed, etc. Mine shows Original Fare, Discounts, Cruise Fare, Taxes and Fees, and Gratuities. Beneath that it lists Other Options and that is where you will find the charges for trip protection insurance, and also the charges for the perks. It will also show where your charges for the perks have been waived including the previous charge listed for gratuities, depending on what is listed for the Go Better, Go Best promo. I booked online and everything I was offered is there in My Cruise Summary. Hope that helps.

I did that, thanks. I am a month away from the cruise and so cancelling isn't really an option, so it's annoying that it says it'll take ten days. It also says "if you're booking qualifies". I did call them and ask specifically about the offer. We are not in a suite but we paid double the cruise fare to add all 4 extra perks. I took screen shots of website and what it says. I tried to go through the terms and conditions but they are lengthy and also seem to have the wrong dates in them (June 2016).

But I got the confirmation PDF at least that says I got the "Best" offer on there... at least there is that...

If it says Go Best, you are fine. Go Best includes all four perks.

• 11 months later...
If you go online to the Celebrity website, find your booking. Go to the option to Manage Reservation. That should open to the page that says My Cruise Summary. There is an area to the left of the page with the breakdown of charges, as well as showing what has been paid, what is still owed, etc. Mine shows Original Fare, Discounts, Cruise Fare, Taxes and Fees, and Gratuities. Beneath that it lists Other Options and that is where you will find the charges for trip protection insurance, and also the charges for the perks. It will also show where your charges for the perks have been waived including the previous charge listed for gratuities, depending on what is listed for the Go Better, Go Best promo. I booked online and everything I was offered is there in My Cruise Summary. Hope that helps.

I don't get the "my cruise summary" page when accessing 'manage my vacation'. I do get some financial info but not what you are showing here???

Have you looked at your online account at X's website to verify that you do not have these perks?

If so, you can print it out and take along with you if there is still a concern.

bon voyage

As others have said if you have the PDF that says Go Best you are fine. Since your cruise is soon I wouldnt count on the website getting updated, just take the PDF with you although I doubt you will need it. We have had problems with the drink package not showing on the website but it was on our Sea Pass card when we boarded the ship.