Priceline in Tampa?

clsee1515

clsee1515,

Yes, I got Hyatt (about 4 or 5 blocks from Cruise Terminal in Tamp) for $53.00 night. We were thrilled to say the least. We're cruising 11/14 out of Tampa on Carnival MIRACLE. I placed my bid in September, I bid three stars. I love Priceline; use it all the time for hotel rooms and check-in is always a breeze! I think the hotels much really like Priceline.com.

If you try Priceline, pick Tampa Downtown. Good luck.icon14.gif

CruiseChaticon7.gif

Miracle - 11/14/04

KreinKrunker,

Thanks for your feedback. I was originally hoping for Radisson Riverwalk; glad now we got Hyatt (upon our return I will try to remember to give you feedback on the Tampa Hyatt for future reference). We've stayed in Hyatt quite a bit and have been please each time.

I say "try to remember" only because after the cruise is over - I tend not to visit the boards as often as I am depressed that my cruise is over and others are anxiously awaiting for theirs to begin. Post-pardom cruise depression I guess. :confused:

CruiseChat

MIRACLE Nov. 14th Weeeeee!~

CruiseChat - Thanks for the info. The Hyatt, for that price, would be great! Would love to see a review from you when you get back. If you have time, please see if they have airport and cruise port shuttle.

KK - Thanks for the web site. I'll be doing my homework before I firsttime bid!

Well, I did use priceline for Tampa but it's not for a cruise. We are going to see Sylvia Browne (Psychic on Montel Williams Show) on Oct 22nd and going to Busch Gardens too and staying for 4 nights. I got the Doubletree near Busch Gardens for 30.00/night for 4 nights there and was happy!

• 4 weeks later...
clsee1515,

Yes, I got Hyatt (about 4 or 5 blocks from Cruise Terminal in Tamp) for $53.00 night. We were thrilled to say the least. We're cruising 11/14 out of Tampa on Carnival MIRACLE. I placed my bid in September, I bid three stars. I love Priceline; use it all the time for hotel rooms and check-in is always a breeze! I think the hotels much really like Priceline.com.

If you try Priceline, pick Tampa Downtown. Good luck.icon14.gif

CruiseChaticon7.gif

Miracle - 11/14/04

We're going on a cruise in February out of Tampa and would like to know if Hyatt is shuttling you the 4 or 5 blocks to the pier and back when you return.

I just used priceline to get 2 rooms at the 3* Hyatt Downtown in Tampa for Jan 1, 2005 at a rate of $46 per room. Using the guidelines found at http://www.BiddingForTravel.com I was turned down at $43. When that bid was not accepted I was asked to add $12 to my bid. Instead, I added another zone (which did not have any 3* rooms) and raised it to $46 which was accepted. The regular rate for that date on their website is $179.00 per room

I just got the Hyatt Regency Tampa (downtown) for $45/nt. We will be there 11/25-26 and 12/4 this year. I spoke to the hotel directly to put in a request for two beds and asked them about shuttle service. The hotel does not have one of its own apparently. The shuttle from the airport is $10 for the first person in your party, and $8 for each addt'l person. Taxis are about $15. The lady I spoke to said that they discontinued their shuttle to the cruise pier, but that it's probably not even $5 to get there from the hotel by taxi.

Hope this helps.

Archived