Question for Recent Past Cruisers

bcsurvivor05

My feet always swell by day 4-5 of our cruise. I am not sure why since I am average weight and pretty active while home, but they do. Our first cruise I had to buy a $40 pair of flip flops so I could have shoes that fit and were comfortable. So now I bring an extra pair a size larger than I normally wear. I also elevate my feet every night which helps a lot.

We bring a battery operated candle for the bathroom. Or a tap light. Light switch is on the Outside of bathroom door on some ships. It's just enough light to see. We keep hand sanitizer clipped on our lanyards with our sign and sail cards.

And fleece blankets to take out on lounger when stargazing.

Over the counter meds. The prices in the gift shop are high. Dayquil was $18.00 per bottle. Cold meds, cough drops, something for pain and/or fever. You don't need a big econo size bottle of everything but you can sure save some money with those little travel size containers.

I bought a battery operated alarm clock that lights up when dark. I hate not knowing what time it is when I wake up.

Air freshener. :D

Lanyard. I bring a pretty bead one. DH has a Chevy one.

Aspirin, band aids, allergy/cold pills. Expensive on the ship.

1/2 the clothes I plan to take. I over pack and end up not needing near what I take.

What is the one thing (or several things)that you would tell someone to bring with them that they might not think to bring themselves when they are packing?

Hi Bcsurvivor05 :)

Since our wonderful members here already listed hairdryers, power-strips & so on, I will list something slightly outside of the box.

My wife & I like to keep a cruise journal from all of our voyages.

We have been doing this for a few decades now. And have quite a collection of cruise journals.

The strolls down memory lane are fantastic! Often more interesting than viewing the photo's taken.

Our first decade of cruise journals consisted of little notebooks.

The last two decades or so, our cruise journals have turned into a fun quest between the two of us prior to the sailing, in regards to seeking out a journal for that particular voyage.

Prior to going to sleep each evening we discuss all of the days events & log them.

Have a terrific day!

:)