Calling and Upgrading

carnival03

My cousin who is cruising on the pride in a few weeks as well had a question I wasn't sure about and I told him I would post here and see what I could find out.

He also loves to cruise so he pays attention to price drops and so on.... He noticed that there are plenty of aft balconies available. His parents booked under a guaranteed balcony and looked at prices today and figured it would be about $198.00 to upgrade. He wants to surprise his parents... Would he be able to call into Carnival and upgrade their booking? He is 18 y/o and has his own credit card, thats the concern. Would they let him change the booking and upgrade himself with his card? Thoughts?

That is a super sweet gesture. As a mom of an 18 yr old, I would suggest saving his $200. They are already guaranteed a balcony. If they were only in a OV, then it wouldn't be a bad idea. But his parents would have spent that extra amount to pick their own aft. He could order them a small gift to their cabin like a cake if he wanted to do something. If he had their booking number, they aren't going to know his age. But he would also need the pin number used

Sent from my iPad using Forums